Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-22-2007, 04:11 PM

Default Re: Cockroaches- I Found Ur Base (w/Pics and MSPaint)

sup bro?
Old 06-22-2007, 04:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When I first moved to Kingman, AZ; we moved into a house that has a separate garage. In the garage were a pile of old flattened cardboard boxes. We went to move them and out scurried about 100 sewer roaches, you know the "big" ones. OMG, I was so grossed out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Stacks of newspaper and cardboard are ready-made tenement buildings for cockroaches. They simply love it.

I am extremely diligent about taking out the newspaper recycling from the house.
Old 06-22-2007, 04:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Weird cuz I heard once you have them they never leave.

[/ QUOTE ]
I've heard this as well, but people have also told me that consistently using an exterminator will eventually get rid of them. Once a month for 5 years should get rid of them in most places.
Old 06-22-2007, 04:48 PM

Forget pesticides and terminators. Get a lizard, or several, and let them take care of the problem. I recommend geckos depending on the climate where you are, but many small lizards will get the best of the cockroaches.
Old 06-22-2007, 05:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Greg P,

Are you still living in the same place up by PV Mall where we met last year? If so, the cockroaches will move on soon enough...IIRC your cupboards were empty and the only thing in your refrigerator to eat were condiments. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Cockroaches can apparently survive for months on things like SOAP and DIRT, so trying to starve them out is not the best plan.
Old 06-22-2007, 05:25 PM

i haven't read any replies but i'll give you my take on it
i just moved into a new place on the first of this month, and the people who lived here before me were total dirtbag hippies who left all their [censored], and i mean all of it, trash, food, dishes, furniture, etc. i hired a cleaning crew to come in who compared it to some of the worst frat houses they have ever seen, in terms of sheer filth and grime, obv we had a roach problem also because of this

after paying 500 for the cleaning and another 100 for roach killing products nothing worked in fact it seemed like there were more. finally i decided to call terminix and see what they can do. The guy came over, he checked it out, told me i had 'german roaches' i guess there are 5 or 6 types of them and thats the one i had, and told me he knew what to do. They didn't use the bombs, or fumigate, he said that is really old school and the stuff they do is much safer and more effective. basically he planted this little gel caps all around the kitchen and bathroom around which was the bait to get them out. he then sprayed the entire permiter of the room with some sort of fast drying liquid, and then told me that once the roaches walk through the liquid, within 24 hours it would be dead. He said to give the whole process a week or 2 and if i dont' see a drastic change to call them up, as i paid for the year long service plan as well (which was only 90 dollars for the whole year, which was pretty sweet)....about 2 weeks later the guy was dead on, i barely see them anymore, maybe a baby here and there, but as soon as they walk through the kitchen, they start shivering, walk in a cirle one or two times, than just fall over dead. the whole thing cost me i think $294 or so and i obv tipped the guy so i think $320 all together, and it was well worth it.

Edit:remember roaches have can survive nuclear attacks, i doubt any household [censored] can clear them outta your place. this sort of thing needs a professionals touch to get it taken care of, gl.
Old 06-22-2007, 05:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Forget pesticides and terminators. Get a lizard, or several, and let them take care of the problem. I recommend geckos depending on the climate where you are, but many small lizards will get the best of the cockroaches.

[/ QUOTE ]

VS.
Old 06-22-2007, 05:52 PM

I for one would like to welcome our new Cockroach overlords. I'd like to remind them that as a trusted online poker player, I can be helpful in rounding up others to toil in their underground sugar caves.
Old 06-22-2007, 10:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I push past the plunger to get a sight-line, then seize the toilet brush (limited weaponry options + I refuse to take my eyes of these bastards even for a second).

[/ QUOTE ]

What are you, a little girl? Man up and step on the [censored]... or use your hand.

What's this "need a weapon" crap?

edit- after seeing that large roach picture... if they were some of those gigantic hissing [censored]-a-loches from the jungles, I could get behind the little girl action. But wussy American roaches? No way.
Old 06-22-2007, 10:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Weird cuz I heard once you have them they never leave.

[/ QUOTE ]
I've heard this as well, but people have also told me that consistently using an exterminator will eventually get rid of them. Once a month for 5 years should get rid of them in most places.

[/ QUOTE ]

Assuming their ingress is limited, you have to get through the egg cycles. The bastards breed like nobody's business and the egg cases could survive a nuclear blast (or so it seems).

I hate roaches and take great pleasure in crushing every one I see. Then I bait my spring mousetraps with their carcasses....