Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2006, 11:39 AM

Default Re: AKs in BB ugly flop

Hmm, getting something like 10-1 to see the turn, you wouldn't want to call? Sure, our outs are dirty, but just folding the flop with all that $$ in the pot feels kinda weak. I think my main concern would be that it could be raised behind me. I could fold this or I could call, I don't think it matters all that much.

Also Hip, I don't think it's too nice to say to the OP that his post is retarded.
Old 09-14-2006, 12:32 PM

Sometimes you'll be paying more than this to see the turn. Sometimes you'll put in one bet and fold when it's two more back to you. You're OOP, almost certainly don't have the best hand, and at best you're drawing to 6 live outs needing 7-1 to call and getting 10-1(or much worse depending on action behind you). In this hand it's possible to be drawing nearly dead on a coordinated flop like this.

Add in the fact that you're probably going to lose this pot somewhat often even if you hit an A or K on the turn.

I ran a PStove real quick. I assumed the SB has a Q(which is quite likely imo), and gave one player a decent 9 out flush draw. I figure at least one player out of the other 3 will have flopped a decent draw on this flop.

Gave the SB QJo(with no flush draw)
Gave one player 54s(for a flush draw)
and the other two random hands(and they are probably better than random and probably caught a piece of this flop).

AK's equity is this pot if we just showed down the hands is about 9.5%.

This is assuming that you're currently behind and only one player flopped a decent draw, and it's likely there is more than one draw out there on a flop like this.
Old 09-14-2006, 02:38 PM

Fold looks best.

If flop was rainbow [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], a call would look decent; if it was rainbow with a heart, a call would look pretty good I think.
Old 09-14-2006, 03:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hmm, getting something like 10-1 to see the turn, you wouldn't want to call? Sure, our outs are dirty, but just folding the flop with all that $$ in the pot feels kinda weak. I think my main concern would be that it could be raised behind me. I could fold this or I could call, I don't think it matters all that much.

Also Hip, I don't think it's too nice to say to the OP that his post is retarded.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are right BH. It's not retarded, cause he honestly does not know.

So lets learn him. Calling here is burning money. You are getting 10-1 or so, but really, you are praying for 1 of 4 cards on the turn, that might not be good if they hit, and you have to not get raised by 4 ppl behind you.

When you hit your A or K, no club, you still have the river to contend with.

I'm not drawing to a hand in my relative position that will not even be the nuts come the river.

If I had a gutshot, I'd peel here getting 10-1 alld ay, cause if I hit, I have the nuts, and get paid.

Hitting an A on the turn is just going to cost you 3BB most of the time.
Old 09-14-2006, 03:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So lets learn him. Calling here is burning money. You are getting 10-1 or so, but really, you are praying for 1 of 4 cards on the turn, that might not be good if they hit, and you have to not get raised by 4 ppl behind you.

I'm not drawing to a hand in my relative position that will not even be the nuts come the river.

If I had a gutshot, I'd peel here getting 10-1 alld ay, cause if I hit, I have the nuts, and get paid.

[/ QUOTE ]

good post, thanks.
Old 09-14-2006, 04:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This post is retarded. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 09-14-2006, 04:38 PM

You have to let this one go. In a 5 or 6 handed pot, being out of position is really disadvantageous. You make a good raise to push your large pf equity edge, but I don't like to continuation bet with AK on a flop like this... I check it and hope its one back to you and your closing the action. If I have to call this EP bet, Im doing it unprofitably in most situations. Fold.

Really I hate to lay down AK when I might have a live draw, so Im looking for an excuse to call (some kind of weak draw or read). Here, it doesnt look like you have one.
Old 09-14-2006, 06:00 PM

Default ILP girlfriend

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Old 09-14-2006, 11:16 PM

Default Re: ILP girlfriend

I fold this, we are second to act someone could raise behind us.. we have ace high on coordinated board and could easily be dominated
Old 09-14-2006, 11:59 PM

Default Re: ILP girlfriend

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes I like frogs and underaged girls, but this girl is too young.