Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-02-2007, 11:15 AM

Default Re: KJs UI - How to play the Turn and the possible River ?

Isnt a preflop raise a raise for value?
Since most of those players wont fold anyways, therefore i make more money if i win ?!
Old 05-02-2007, 11:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Plan, not c-betting that flop is terrible.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you please explain why? (Genuine request). I used to C-bet way too much and felt like it was a general spew- but maybe I just wasn't considering the situation correctly. So now I am very cautious on a missed flop with more than one opponent still in.

Appreciate any info you can give.

Ian
Old 05-02-2007, 11:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Plan, not c-betting that flop is terrible.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you please explain why? (Genuine request). I used to C-bet way too much and felt like it was a general spew- but maybe I just wasn't considering the situation correctly. So now I am very cautious on a missed flop with more than one opponent still in.

Appreciate any info you can give.

Ian

[/ QUOTE ]

A flop this bad likely hit no one. Your chance of picking up this decent sized pot with a c-bet is pretty good at least by the turn.
Old 05-02-2007, 11:50 AM

I guess a C-Bet on that flop is better, since i get information. If more than one player calls, i am not gonna fire again on fourth street. If i check, i might give away a free card or someone else the chance to fire.
I guess i get cheap information with that C-Bet.
Old 05-02-2007, 12:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I guess i get cheap information with that C-Bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Info isn't the goal. The goal is to win the 9sb pot with a bet. On a flop like this it likely happens often enough to be profitable.
Old 05-02-2007, 03:07 PM

[/ QUOTE ]

A flop this bad likely hit no one. Your chance of picking up this decent sized pot with a c-bet is pretty good at least by the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really struggle with these situations, and think I've spewed more than my share with them. Maybe the tables I play on are way more loose-passive than yours.

Against one opponent, I c-bet without hesitation, and usually with good result.

Against two opponents, I c-bet less enthusiastically, and sometimes with good result.

Against three opponents? No way. I've probably spewed away a fortune doing this. At least one will hang in there, and he usually has an Ace, a small PP, or something stupid like J3, especially someone from out of the blinds.

Not that I'm complaining. These guys that don't lay down, also stick around when I've got the nuts, and I love them for it.

But c-betting overcards into three opponents on the no-fold'em tables I'm on (PS .10/.20) doesn't seem like goot play to me.

Please correct me if I'm wrong. I find myself in this situation a lot.
Old 05-02-2007, 03:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I really struggle with these situations, and think I've spewed more than my share with them. Maybe the tables I play on are way more loose-passive than yours.

Against one opponent, I c-bet without hesitation, and usually with good result.

Against two opponents, I c-bet less enthusiastically, and sometimes with good result.

Against three opponents? No way. I've probably spewed away a fortune doing this. At least one will hang in there, and he usually has an Ace, a small PP, or something stupid like J3, especially someone from out of the blinds.

Not that I'm complaining. These guys that don't lay down, also stick around when I've got the nuts, and I love them for it.

But c-betting overcards into three opponents on the no-fold'em tables I'm on (PS .10/.20) doesn't seem like goot play to me.

Please correct me if I'm wrong. I find myself in this situation a lot.

[/ QUOTE ]

ibi,

In this exact hand i think c-betting is good for a few reasons. The pot is large, the flop is ragged and we have the second best position and would love to have the best position in the event that we get multiple callers and want to check behind on the turn and see two cards for the price of one small bet. Combined for this exact hand I like betting. There is no hard set rule to follow if you just say I'm done c-betting when I miss into multiple opponents your probably missing some spots to pick up pots.
Old 05-02-2007, 03:46 PM

sean is rocking this thread (as usual). [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 05-02-2007, 04:06 PM

Sean,

I've thought about this some more, and realize why not betting the flop, even into three opponents, is weak. A 9sb pot is certainly big enough to risk 1sb. What really put me over though is, as you said, I failed to consider our position and the possible free card. (But that's because I'm a n00b. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]) Thanks.