Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-2006, 08:27 AM

Default Re: Seriously WPEX get off your azz already...

[ QUOTE ]
I am a complete computer dunce, but I find it hard to believe that it is that hard to turn a 10-table software programme into a 6-table programme.

I mean, surely they are 99.9% the same programme - isn't it just a case of changing a few lines of code to remove 4 seats and and putting the tables up live?

Maybe I'm being naive here, but I can't really understand it.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a little more than that I'm sure. I'm a software devloper. Also they probably would like to do crazy stuff like test it before rolling it out (unlike some sites). However, it shouldn't be that hard. I'm just sure their development staff is working on many other features/fixes and are swamped right now.
Old 07-27-2006, 10:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If WPEX is smart they will never write the HH to the hard drive and never add 6 max NL.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yeah, this is a brilliant statement. Let's leave out the most popular game on the net and stay at our current skyrocketing growth rate. Which is ummm... non existant?

Yeah, that's the ticket! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 07-27-2006, 12:01 PM

If I could wave a magic wand and add 6-Max tomorrow I would. Unfortunately it is not that simple.

We want to add features just as much as this community and we will. WSEX is growing at a nice pace each week. The site has been fairly stable and we are starting to address most of the requests in the long suggestion thread. Everything is possible, but everything takes time.

Finally, I am proud to announce that since the No Rake program started in April we have paid back over $5 million in rakeback.

Please keep posting your comments, questions, and concerns.

Fred Balfour
General Manager
WSEX.com
Old 07-27-2006, 12:08 PM

Fred, thanks for at least replying.

[ QUOTE ]
WSEX is growing at a nice pace each week.

[/ QUOTE ]

Link to your stats.

It is going up a little, but not that much.

Hopefully your programmers will make some headway with 6max.
Old 07-27-2006, 12:14 PM

Add Diners Club as a deposit option (I don't care that I can't withdraw to it).
Old 07-27-2006, 12:18 PM

I use that site to look at the weekly averages. Our 24 hour peak averaged 478 the week of June 19th. Our 24 hour peak averaged 544 the week of July 17th. That's a 14% increase in one month, not too shabby.

Also, compared to some of the other networks I have checked out, we do not have a very large percentage playing at the micro-limits. FYI, you can now click on the game type and see what the break down is for each limit.
Old 07-27-2006, 12:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, compared to some of the other networks I have checked out, we do not have a very large percentage playing at the micro-limits. FYI, you can now click on the game type and see what the break down is for each limit.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have clicked on the breakdown as per your instructions and found the following:

While Party has a higher percentage of low limit tables, so does WPEX, but only relatively speaking, since the highest limit WPEX even has going is $200NL, which is not even considered a high limit.

I am not trying to be argumentative, good luck with your programmers. I run a few large sites and I am constantly having to apply pressure for certian priorities, so I know how it can be.

My only contention is that if there is something that is a "must have", I can usually get it.
Old 07-27-2006, 02:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am proud to announce that since the No Rake program started in April we have paid back over $5 million in rakeback

[/ QUOTE ] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-27-2006, 02:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If I could wave a magic wand and add 6-Max tomorrow I would. Unfortunately it is not that simple.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah it looks like its pretty much impossible.

/sarcasm
Old 07-27-2006, 03:27 PM

You're "missing an opportunity" by not playing at WPEX Greg. I simply can not and will not believe that the majority of players will make more at any other site. Three tables of short handed 3/6 limit has been churning me out $40 - $50 hr in rake back alone. NL looks healthy enough (You're stat selection is not very representative of what I usually see there) though I don't play it and I'm sure it will continue to grow. They are a growing site. You are a darned fool for comparing WPEX traffic to Party traffic. Party didn't become the behemoth it is overnight. This is also a different era when it comes to competition and WPEX is trying their darndest to make a stab at that competition. They've made a very brave move and I'm loyal to them for that.

Furthermore, WPEX does have higher than 200NL. Tables actually go up to 2000NL with healthy traffic at 400NL.

WPEX has a manager that takes the time to address issues with a forum infamous for its "tough love" nature. That and the updates that have already occured should be a sign that they are making a move. I mean come on, how long has it been since the "no rake" model began?

There is more than enough reason to play there now, and without a doubt the site will continue to grow and siphon away players from the greedy giants.