Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2007, 08:25 AM

Default Re: live £50 MTT AKo entire table limped.....

the reason i posted this hand was more or less for my own confirmation. I didn't like the idea of a stop and go, because unless an a or k flops i have complete air have villian on a med PP if any of those pesky middle cards come out id be resigned to my fate. i shoved over the top, he pretty much had to call. he showed 77, a board of

T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]-T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]-4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

TURN brought 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] just to give me some hope,

and river bricked a 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]s

and IGCGN
Old 10-26-2007, 09:01 AM

Default Re: live £50 MTT AKo entire table limped.....

[ QUOTE ]
I didn't like the idea of a stop and go, because unless an a or k flops i have complete air have villian on a med PP if any of those pesky middle cards come out id be resigned to my fate.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's fair to say that in this hand the money is almost certainly going all in. But by using a stop and go you gain an extra chance to make the opponent fold, winning you the pot.

If you reraise all in preflop it's fair to say you have zero fold equity. If the board was to come J+,x,x theres a chance the opponent will fold a PP, as theres very few hands they can beat.

Even if you do hit the A or K, shove on the flop and the oponent folds, who cares? It would only be an extra 3K into a pot woth 15K (after our bet). Giving up these 3K chips when we hit is worth it for the times we can steal the 15K pot when we miss.

In this situation though I think it would have made no difference. The only hand you could even remotely have that has a 10 would be A10s, and by his PF raising hes willing to gamble on you not having a PP.