Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Running Backs (Pick 3)
Larry Johnson 18 33.33%
Willis McGahee 16 29.63%
Clinton Portis 1 1.85%
Thomas Jones 10 18.52%
Frank Gore 9 16.67%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-18-2007, 04:36 PM

Default Re: PPA should disassociate itself from scandal ridden CEO Poker tour

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Does it matter that the PPA is an impotent organization that has no chance of affecting any change?

[/ QUOTE ]

The mere fact that they actually do have membership in the hundreds of thousands is more than proof that they are legitimate....

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

They are anything but impotent. The PPA's crack lobbying staff is working everyday behind the scenes to sway Representatives in favor of poker.

They definitely shouldn't be associated with this CEO Tourney SCAM.

[/ QUOTE ]

The PPA should address this issue immediately before they lose respect from the poker community
Old 07-18-2007, 04:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Does it matter that the PPA is an impotent organization that has no chance of affecting any change?

[/ QUOTE ]

The mere fact that they actually do have membership in the hundreds of thousands is more than proof that they are legitimate....

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

They are anything but impotent. The PPA's crack lobbying staff is working everyday behind the scenes to sway Representatives in favor of poker.

They definitely shouldn't be associated with this CEO Tourney SCAM.

[/ QUOTE ]

The PPA should address this issue immediately before they lose respect from the poker community

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn, and I thought my level was good.
Old 07-18-2007, 06:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I didn't realize the PPA had a lot of respect in the poker community....where do I sign up with them through 2+2? Oh thats right they don't support the PPA.
Old 07-18-2007, 06:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I didn't realize the PPA had a lot of respect in the poker community....where do I sign up with them through 2+2? Oh thats right they don't support the PPA.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can't take S&M's lack of support as anything other than S&M refuse to involve themselves in politics at all.

Mason's last statement on 2+2 and the PPA was that 2+2 was "neutral"

If you are looking to signup, try the PPA website or your favorite online pokersite for a PPA deposit bonus.
Old 07-18-2007, 06:51 PM

Agreed to boycott CEO. Spread the word.
Old 07-18-2007, 06:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you are looking to signup, try the PPA website or your favorite online pokersite for a PPA deposit bonus.

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks already am a member, but after talking to S I feel my $20 would've been better spent on a pizza
Old 07-18-2007, 09:33 PM

Hi all,

I am a board member of the PPA. I really didn't know anything about the CEO poker tour before I read the thread here on 2+2 about the fiasco at the Venetian a couple of weeks ago. I was also unaware until I read this thread today that the PPA was working with the CEO Poker Tour in any way. After reading this thread earlier today, I emailed Michael Bolcerek and the rest of the PPA Board, and provided them with links to both threads. I stated that we needed to look into this quickly, and if the negative facts about the CEO Poker Tour were accurate, that we should quickly disassociate ourselves from the CEO Poker Tour.

We are now investigating the situation. If the CEO Poker Tour really did take the huge vig in the Venetian tournament, and did so without adequately informing the consumer, then the PPA will sever all ties. Or, at least, that is the way I'm going to vote as a member of the board.

Responding to other random comments. Yes, the PPA really does have 100s of thousands of members, and we're hoping to reach 1 million members this year. And we are not impotent, as we do have some great lobbyists who are spending time and money getting members of Congress to see our position, and to enact laws that will help poker players everywhere. The more all of you support the PPA, financially and otherwise, the sooner we will be able to remove the burden of the UIGEA, as well as get other things done to benefit poker.

Thanks, Greg Raymer (FossilMan)
Old 07-18-2007, 09:39 PM

Greg, thanks for taking initiative and communicating with people outside of this thread.

Unfortunately some people are very interested, but do not have the resources and contacts. Fortunately you do.

Thanks, and thank you to anyone else who uses their contacts to help the poker playing community.
Old 07-18-2007, 09:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi all,

I am a board member of the PPA. I really didn't know anything about the CEO poker tour before I read the thread here on 2+2 about the fiasco at the Venetian a couple of weeks ago. I was also unaware until I read this thread today that the PPA was working with the CEO Poker Tour in any way. After reading this thread earlier today, I emailed Michael Bolcerek and the rest of the PPA Board, and provided them with links to both threads. I stated that we needed to look into this quickly, and if the negative facts about the CEO Poker Tour were accurate, that we should quickly disassociate ourselves from the CEO Poker Tour.

We are now investigating the situation. If the CEO Poker Tour really did take the huge vig in the Venetian tournament, and did so without adequately informing the consumer, then the PPA will sever all ties. Or, at least, that is the way I'm going to vote as a member of the board.

Responding to other random comments. Yes, the PPA really does have 100s of thousands of members, and we're hoping to reach 1 million members this year. And we are not impotent, as we do have some great lobbyists who are spending time and money getting members of Congress to see our position, and to enact laws that will help poker players everywhere. The more all of you support the PPA, financially and otherwise, the sooner we will be able to remove the burden of the UIGEA, as well as get other things done to benefit poker.

Thanks, Greg Raymer (FossilMan)

[/ QUOTE ]

Greg,

Thanks for responding to the issues that have been raised.

Reading the various threads does not show the CEO Poker Tour in the best light, but they also say a story has two sides. Hopefully this will be the case.

Thanks for looking into the issue & bringing the other board members up to speed.
Old 07-18-2007, 09:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Reading the various threads does not show the CEO Poker Tour in the best light, but they also say a story has two sides. Hopefully this will be the case.

[/ QUOTE ]

Best case scenario is they are completely incompetent about how vig is represented AND believed an 18-19% vig is something standard (is it?).

Worst case scenario is they scammed and hoped no one would notice.

They do seem to be very legitimately associated the the charity though. So they're not complete frauds or anything.