Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-25-2007, 01:29 AM

Default Re: Someone needs to organize another STTF thingy majig

[ QUOTE ]
From urbandictionary.com:

Majig - a tool used to work hard in life. This can be vague. Word was popularised by Zulkar Khan. Also a verb. To majig means to work hard and pass.

"I majiged through my fourth-term of college. At the end, I was successful."

===

Hope this helps. Although now I understand the subject line even less than before. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh shnap I just realized you accidentally left a space between the last two words in your subject line. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 09-25-2007, 01:30 AM

I vote January or the second half of march FTW.
Old 09-25-2007, 02:11 AM

I agree it's due time, but you can't be like, "Hey Craig, about time you took 20+ hours out of your 80+/hour week schedule and took another couple Gs+ hit so the rest of us can have a good time - go plan/organize/rally up the troops for an event." It's hard enough planning a good event with 5 close friends, let alone a bunch of people from across the country. I'll give mad props to Irie for previous STTF functions, b/c it's hard to fully appreciate well-run/thought-out events until you attend a couple of half-ass run ones. Getting 20+ people in sync for&throughout an event is a tough, tough thing to do, even if it involves poker & extracurriculars...

...but I don't hate for saying it's time for an STTF event in general...
Old 09-25-2007, 02:22 AM

Honestly... week before Christmas is super-cheap in Vegas. Most loser-ass poker players are free that week, whereas the rest of the world is not. A micro-suite at the Mirage ran me less than 1k for the weekend for 2 people. I feel like something could be arranged.
Old 09-25-2007, 03:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Honestly... week before Christmas is super-cheap in Vegas. Most loser-ass poker players are free that week, whereas the rest of the world is not. A micro-suite at the Mirage ran me less than 1k for the weekend for 2 people. I feel like something could be arranged.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, that's the one time of year I probably wouldn't go. I might be a loser-ass poker player but I don't necessarily want to be reminded of it. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Anyhow, anyone relying on Irieguy shouldn't bother even suggesting potential dates. He has very few windows open for this sort of thing, and if he wants to do it, he will do it when it works for him, and the rest of us will just have to deal. Get it, "deal"? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 09-25-2007, 05:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I agree it's due time, but you can't be like, "Hey Craig, about time you took 20+ hours out of your 80+/hour week schedule and took another couple Gs+ hit so the rest of us can have a good time - go plan/organize/rally up the troops for an event." It's hard enough planning a good event with 5 close friends, let alone a bunch of people from across the country. I'll give mad props to Irie for previous STTF functions, b/c it's hard to fully appreciate well-run/thought-out events until you attend a couple of half-ass run ones. Getting 20+ people in sync for&throughout an event is a tough, tough thing to do, even if it involves poker & extracurriculars...

[/ QUOTE ]

If I get guarantees that enough of the cool kids will come, I'll plan/organize/rally up a big suite or bungalo at Chateau Marmont and have an LA blowout. All the fun of Sunset blvd, and Body Shop, one of the better strip clubs in LA, is walking distance across the street. STTF Christmas party/$1k buyin MTT with 10 minute blinds anyone?
Old 09-25-2007, 05:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If I get guarantees that enough of the cool kids will come, I'll plan/organize/rally up a big suite or bungalo at Chateau Marmont and have an LA blowout. All the fun of Sunset blvd, and Body Shop, one of the better strip clubs in LA, is walking distance across the street. STTF Christmas party/$1k buyin MTT with 10 minute blinds anyone?

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, I really like the idea of an MTT. Something we haven't done yet, and you can include rebuys, so the ballas can ball, and the nits can nit. But you don't have to make it super-turbo, just do something like the Orleans structure, where it starts pretty deep, but then starts forcing the action after that.
Old 09-25-2007, 06:18 PM

The idea is to leave lots of time for booze, drugs, strippers and general mayhem.I want to party it up like the Eagles did there in the 70s. For one night anyway.
Old 09-25-2007, 06:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I want to party it up like the Eagles did there in the 70s.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who? When? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 09-25-2007, 06:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The idea is to leave lots of time for booze, drugs, strippers and general mayhem.

[/ QUOTE ]

Today's youth are good at multitasking. They can do all this and play a multi at the same time.