Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2007, 06:36 PM

Default Re: A6o in SB multiway

i call pf all day.

on the flop a fold is just wrong. the CO will bet a huuuuge proportion of the hands he has.

the real question is whether to call or raise.

this depends on the attributes of the remaining field.

does any player there c'r a lot in this spot? will they call 2 cold w/ a naked 7?

in the ideal case, i c'r.

in the less than ideal case. i call.

no way i fold though.

Barron
Old 11-09-2007, 01:14 AM

Thank you all for your responses, they we're very helpful.

I spewed in the hand badly. I CR the flop because I thought I might have the best hand. Only the Villain called. The turn was a blank I bet, he called. The river was a blank, and (i knew it was bad but i couldn't stop) i bet, and he called with KTo.

You guys are definetly right. I should have just called the flop, and folded the turn unimproved.

For the last few months everytime I've entered into a hand from one of the blinds I say to myself "don't spew, don't spew, don't spew". I've for the most part plugged up what was a bad leak of spewing from the blinds, particularly when i've been card-dead for awhile. I temporarily reverted to old times in this hand.

Thanks to all you veteran posters for your good thoughts.
Old 11-09-2007, 04:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
no offense ns, but logic like this sounds like its coming from lee jones WLLH, about as weak-tight limit book there is.

using this logic, the only time we could ever "safely" continue in a hand is with TPTK, and then we should worry about a set.

[/ QUOTE ]

None taken. I guess I'm just used to thinking of two pair outs as usually tainted, so I look for better odds than we're getting here (i would call here easily if it was a raised pot). I wasn't really thinking, though, about what it means to make A's up on the board, where we only have to fear exactly one hand (A7) and the only redraws are two-outers. I'm convinced now that it's a good spot to peel.