Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-03-2007, 09:58 PM

Default Re: So I capped AQo pf, and 3 bet the flop with overs...

if you don't bet, you can't induce a bluffraise.
Old 08-04-2007, 05:41 PM

slightly veiled brag post...nh [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 08-05-2007, 05:37 PM

You never told us what the villian had, or did I miss it somehow? Just curious.
Old 08-06-2007, 11:55 PM

left click over white area in his results post...
Old 08-07-2007, 05:09 AM

capping preflop is extremely [censored] stupid.

this play, however, is eclipsed by the galactically retarded bet/3bet you employed on the flop.
Old 08-07-2007, 09:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]

this play, however, is eclipsed by the galactically retarded bet/3bet you employed on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

i disagree mr. pokerbob. i think the flop 3bet is fine based on button's retarded-ass read.

i looked back at the preflop play, and must say i am firmly disappointed. initially i thought the pot was 3 handed or HU or something.

best wishes and good luck and take care,

James
Old 08-07-2007, 01:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i disagree mr. pokerbob. i think the flop 3bet is fine based on button's retarded-ass read.

i looked back at the preflop play, and must say i am firmly disappointed. initially i thought the pot was 3 handed or HU or something.

James

[/ QUOTE ]

button is not the problem, CO is. we want him gone, so we can be hu with the moron. given the size of the pot and the fact that CO already called 1 bet on the flop, it stands to reason that he will call 2 more cold back to him (he obviously didn't in this case so it worked out, but I still think it's wrong to 3bet this flop). the best way to rid ourselves of CO is to call the flop raise and then c/r the turn. that will REALLY put pressure on CO.
Old 08-07-2007, 03:01 PM

mr. pokerbob,

that sounds pretty expensive. also the turn checks through some appreciable amount of the time when button gets called in two spots on the flop by two reasonably tight players. are you calling a 3bet? that makes things even worse, and even moreso when you consider the fact he's capable of doing it with a worse hand or a hand we have outs against. this doesn't even include the times CO or button show up with a real hand here, either.

just some thoughts. either way i hate the spot we're in as a result of the multiway pf cap.

James
Old 08-07-2007, 03:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
mr. pokerbob,

that sounds pretty expensive. also the turn checks through some appreciable amount of the time when button gets called in two spots on the flop by two reasonably tight players. are you calling a 3bet? that makes things even worse, and even moreso when you consider the fact he's capable of doing it with a worse hand or a hand we have outs against. this doesn't even include the times CO or button show up with a real hand here, either.

just some thoughts. either way i hate the spot we're in as a result of the multiway pf cap.

James

[/ QUOTE ]

it is expensive, and it's dumb. that said, it's likely the best way to get CO to fold. fwiw i think the whole hand is played poorly.
Old 08-07-2007, 10:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
also the turn checks through some appreciable amount of the time when button gets called in two spots on the flop by two reasonably tight players.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's actually part of the reason I bet the flop. I pretty much expected an autoraise from most of button's range, but a check behind from a lot of it too. He likes to play back at me because he personally dislikes me, and it's his way of expressing it.

However, he will check behind a lot too. He's the kind of player that LRRs with trash because he's mad there is a raise to him.

I'm far from certain I played this hand well, so I'm not trying to pull a Barron Vangor Toth in this thread.

I thought my PF cap was iffy, but far from terrible. I mean, UTG is playing 100% of his limping range like this, BB is playing 90% of his hands like this, and we already discussed button. CO is the only player in this hand I have cause for concern about. All in all, I like my PF equity. Are you sure capping PF is wrong? If so, is it because it ties us to the pot with only a slight equity advantage, or because you think we do not have an equity advantage?

edit: what do you think of leading the flop? My thoughts were "omfg the pot is so big gotta lead here b/c there is a pair on board looks like there's an above average chance people missed flop, and the Q in my hand slightly decreases the chances I'm gonna run into an OESD"

super edit: AFAIK I haven't played overcards this aggressively in that game anytime in the last 2 months, so this is really very far from standard for me. It's not like I did this 20 other times and decided to post the only time it worked. I'm generally very unspewtarded.