Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-18-2007, 10:12 PM

Default Re: Looking to buy a safe car

Volvo's have heartbeat sensors so you know if someone is waiting in your backseat.

If they have the time to come up with [censored] like this, obviously they have perfected the crash safety issues. I heard the '09 is gonna fight gingivitis.
Old 08-18-2007, 10:22 PM

that volvo heartbeat sensor is the dumbest thing i've ever seen.

You just know some deadbeat parent is gonna think they can use it to leave their kid locked in a hot car while they go to a strip club or something. Hey my kid still has a heartbeat so go grab that brunette over there and you two can tag team me

Also- you can be clinically dead and then get revived. Happened to a guy i went to high school with and also my grandfather. It doesn't mean you are pronounced dead (death certificate issued)
Old 08-18-2007, 10:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]

You just know some deadbeat parent is gonna think they can use it to leave their kid locked in a hot car while they go to a strip club or something. Hey my kid still has a heartbeat so go grab that brunette over there and you two can tag team me

Also- you can be clinically dead and then get revived. Happened to a guy i went to high school with and also my grandfather. It doesn't mean you are pronounced dead (death certificate issued)

[/ QUOTE ]

Then he wasn't dead.
Old 08-18-2007, 10:43 PM

Location: just a skinny azzzed short stacking gossip hurling trouble maker

a good sports sedan is going to be your best option, bmw 5 series, volvo s60, audi a6

in addition to crash safety which is what everyone goes to first you have to have a car that you feel comfortable behind, so handling and horsepower are important
Old 08-18-2007, 11:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
a good sports sedan is going to be your best option, bmw 5 series, volvo s60, audi a6

in addition to crash safety which is what everyone goes to first you have to have a car that you feel comfortable behind, so handling and horsepower are important

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the undefinable part of the question, how much does avoidance factor into safety?

Clearly better 70-0 times, better slaloms, etc will lead to more barely missed wrecks but what trade offs are made wrt weight and what happens on impact? It's the question of which is safer, the M5 or the H2. My bias is the M5 but it seems to be an "it depends" sort of question.

OP,

01 Civic? Really? Only benefit it has over the 05 volvo or lexus is that it won't seem so odd when it's parked next to the dumpster out of which you're fishing that night's dinner.

J
Old 08-18-2007, 11:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Then he wasn't dead.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can see trying to define a death as something that cannot be recovered from, but to use the lack of a certificate as proof of anything at all is retarded.
Old 08-18-2007, 11:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Then he wasn't dead.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can see trying to define a death as something that cannot be recovered from, but to use the lack of a certificate as proof of anything at all is retarded.

[/ QUOTE ]

Usually when people die a death certificate is filed. Usually.
Old 08-19-2007, 12:08 AM

a death certificate is filed for biological death (also brain death, from which there is no recovery even though the rest of the body can be kept functioning for a few days with pressors/etc and a ventilator). However, you can be clinically dead - which is essentially what that other poster was talking about in the first place - and revived by a defibrillator.

So anyway no, per your definition (biological/brain death) none of these people were dead.
Old 08-19-2007, 12:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
a death certificate is filed for biological death (also brain death, from which there is no recovery even though the rest of the body can be kept functioning for a few days with pressors/etc and a ventilator). However, you can be clinically dead - which is essentially what that other poster was talking about in the first place - and revived by a defibrillator.

So anyway no, per your definition (biological/brain death) none of these people were dead.

[/ QUOTE ]

when you are dead you are dead. No recovery.
Old 08-19-2007, 12:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]

when you are a ridonculous nit you are dead. No recovery.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just saying...

J