Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > High Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-19-2005, 07:14 PM

Default Re: Question about those highrollers and their skill.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Take thesalmon. Are there any post from this guy on 2 plus 2? I guess no.

[/ QUOTE ]

thesalmon=Erik Sagstrom? Erik used to post here awhile ago.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes thats him. Do you know under what nickname he posted?
Old 12-19-2005, 07:29 PM

pn,

All three post here.

Caarlfan = 2+2 NLfool
Lagerborg = 2+2 kurosh
thesalmon = 2+2 raptor517
Old 12-19-2005, 07:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
pn,

All three post here.

Caarlfan = 2+2 NLfool
Lagerborg = 2+2 kurosh
thesalmon = 2+2 raptor517

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, this is one of your recent better ones.

especially the lager=kurosh lol

Barron
Old 12-19-2005, 07:41 PM

I did not want my screen name revealed, but since diablo has done it, I will go ahead and answer.

There are 3 levels of poker. You reach the first level after you understand the fundamentals, pot odds, when to raise to knock players out, etc. You know the "standard" play in every hand. At the second level, you start to make read-based plays. You bluff-raise the river to knock that maniac off his ace-high with your queen-high. You call the river with 22 on a AK484 board because the guy bluffs all the time.

The third level you do not see much on 2p2 because only a few understand it. It is when you begin to feel poker. There is no more thought. You just feel when your decisions are right. You can call with ten high and KNOW it is good. You can check out Daniel Negreanu's blog and see him talking of such things.

Once you reach the third level, then you can make the millions. GL.
Old 12-19-2005, 07:43 PM

kurosh,

Sorry, did not realize it was a secret, I thought everyone knew.

Is there a reason why you post a lot of your fun low/mid-limit hands here, but don't post many of your high-stakes 500/1000 hands? Is it like you're willing to teach people the first and second level, but you want to keep the third level to yourself? Do you talk to guys like Daniel about the third level stuff?
Old 12-19-2005, 08:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Well, IF they are so good is it not almost like a law of nature that THEY HAVE TO POST at 2 plus 2 forums. I cannot think that they got up so high without reading 2 plus 2.

Take thesalmon. Are there any post from this guy on 2 plus 2? I guess no. How can he be that good then? I heard he earns like millions.

Comments please.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is kinda funny. it would be even funnier if poker_n00b was proven to not be a gimmick account.
Old 12-19-2005, 08:11 PM

Diablo,

Well, there is a bit I have to explain. They are not actually low/mid-limit hands. I'm sure you have noticed when someone posts a high limit hand, most people who respond feel like their opinions are not worthy because they do not play that high. So, generally, I divide the stakes by a factor of 10 or so and post it. The responses are more honest that way.

I also never post third level hands. Those are not the kinds of hands you can post. No one would understand why I 3-bet the turn with jack high. I don't think it can be taught. It is something you must feel.
Old 12-19-2005, 08:49 PM

My impression of CaaarlFan (from railing) is that he is a loser in those games. By his own admission he dropped 40k at 200/400 and +80k at 100/200 in about ten days, and then proceded to play 100/200 6 max with a 100-150BB bankroll. That, and the fact that he is constantly whining, insulting other players and getting into arguments with railbirds make him seem very unbalanced (though quite fun to watch).
Old 12-19-2005, 09:17 PM

Default Question for kurosh about online vs. B&M

I may have gotten bad information, but someone at the Bellagio on Dec.7 pointed to a guy playing 200-400 and said it was you. If it was, how would you compare the skill of the live players, like Terri, who (assuming it was you) was sitting directly across from you, to your online opponents? Other posters (bicyclekick?) have said she is one of the best regulars in that game, and I was just wondering how the best live players stacked up against the best online players. If it wasn't you at the Bellagio, then I apologize for wasting your time.
Old 12-19-2005, 09:47 PM

I think it's kind of a silly statement to make that if you are a great poker player you have to post or have posted on 2+2. I and plenty others I know, have learned how to play winning poker without ever reading a book (granted I lost a few thousand to get there, and I don't claim to be a great player just a winning one). Like most endeavors in life, becoming a winning player is in my opinion more a function of aptitude, not education. However, I have no doubt 2+2 facilitates the path to becoming a winning player. To say that if you are a winning player you have to post/posted on 2+2 is like saying to be a successful in business you have to have recieved an MBA from a top university.

-the bolivian