FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-05-2007, 06:09 AM

Default Re: Bedding

How about this more classic style:

Room and Board "Calvin" $1100 for Queen
http://www.roomandboard.com/rnb/cate...5&page=all

Old 08-06-2007, 12:42 AM

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ED.

This thread prompted me to go bedding shopping the other day and I came out with some luscious black pima cotton sheets. Curse you, OP, for making me crave new sheets.

On a related note, I've taken to decorating my bedroom like a hotel room. Simple, understated decor, calming colors and fine, layered bedding that can be customized each night. I actually really enjoyed the "Heavenly" bed that the Westin promotes. They actually sell all the items that are on their beds, which consist of

* Three sheets - ranging in thread count from 180 to 250;
* A down blanket - three versions for three different climates;
* A comforter and a crisp white duvet; Five goosedown/goose feather pillows.

Normally, I'd think that was all bull[censored], but after sleeping on the bed and honestly enjoying the bedding, it might be worth buying their stuff on their site. Unfortunately, white only. And the prices are pretty gross.

But, when they have reached their end of their use, apparently bekman could sew them into underoos for El Diablo or something equally genius. Seriously, sewing your own sheets? If things don't work out with my boyfriend...
[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-06-2007, 12:59 AM

All keep in mind, OP got "lots of threesomes/foursomes" last month. He is "that guy". So factor that in to bedding decsion tree.

Obviously we need a king. Preferably not too high with big rounded corners. You don't want that fourth or fifth girl tumbling off the side. Of course stain-resistance, and imperviousness to various oils & creams, is going to be important.
Old 08-06-2007, 01:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
All keep in mind, OP got "lots of threesomes/foursomes" last month. He is "that guy". So factor that in to bedding decsion tree.

Obviously we need a king. Preferably not too high with big rounded corners. You don't want that fourth or fifth girl tumbling off the side. Of course stain-resistance, and imperviousness to various oils & creams, is going to be important.

[/ QUOTE ]

In that case... Liberator makes sheets now. With built in restraints. Too bad about the cheesy animal print.

Oh, and a note to all high quality cotton sheet owners. Tumble dry on low to keep the softness and sheen high on your sheets. Drying too hot or too long will really help your sheets pill and look horrible.
Old 08-06-2007, 02:00 AM

i have thai silk sheets and they are awesome.
Old 08-06-2007, 04:50 AM

Personally, I'd shop here, "Mastercraft Interiors" They are going out of business, some similar shop will suffice. Please tell me if you know what's similar.
Old 08-06-2007, 09:13 AM

I had a great pair of old sheets that just got worn out and I purchased new ones on overstock which I am enjoying so far.
Old 08-22-2007, 05:48 PM

All,

This is especially for the non-bachelors in the group.

How much "stuff" do you have as part of your bedding?

When I spend the night with someone, I generally find women have about ten more pieces of bedding than I do - decorative pillows, multiple blankets, decorative bedcover, etc. Basically, a lot of crap that isn't used during the night and is just tossed on the floor or something.

How much of this kind of stuff do people have? I imagine almost none for the younger guys, and tons for the older married folks. Curious about those of us in the middle.
Old 08-22-2007, 05:56 PM

Diablo I'm roughly your age, and I have the bare min - a fitted sheet, a top sheet, and 2 comforters (1 Down, 1 Summer). I also have 4 pillows.

I have a platform bed so have no need for that "drape" that covers a boxspring.

now, I did just buy a Heavenly bed, and with it I bought a featherbed. so that's 1 additional thing.

I probably should buy some nicer sheets as well.

my gf has all those decorative pillows and whatever, and we really only use it for lingerie pillow fights w/ her gf's.
Old 08-22-2007, 06:06 PM

I have 3 pillow and a comforter. Before girlfriend I had 1 pillow. At her place she has 4 pillows that she sleeps with, 2 big pillows that are for show, and about 8 tiny pillows/whatever else that decorate her bed.

Side note: As much as I dislike sleeping at her place and prefer my bed, seh has these hybrid silk/cotton sheets that are basically like jersey sheets (which i never liked) but 100000 times better and actually really comfortable. Any idea where I can get these, she forgot where she got them... also, the main reason I didnt like jersey sheets was cause when you get into bed they were never cold and when i get into bed i like to jump into cold sheets/pillows, it feels refreshing, do you know what i'm talking about?