Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2007, 08:47 PM

Default Re: Brett Myers...... he seems nice

[ QUOTE ]
Myers beats his wife and starts calling the reporter names and screaming profanity at him completely unprovoked. Those two pieces of information mean that my thinking he is an [censored] is not a "snap" judgement.

[/ QUOTE ]

1. Really, I didn't know you were such an expert on Myers' domestic situation. Why don't you tell me everything you know? Enlighten me.

2. No athlete is "completely unprovoked" after a game. You see, humans have these things called emotions...

The fact that you're so unreasonable on this position and apparently can't fathom both sides of the equation really makes you no better than you claim Myers is (or isn't).
Old 08-26-2007, 08:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Myers beats his wife and starts calling the reporter names and screaming profanity at him completely unprovoked. Those two pieces of information mean that my thinking he is an [censored] is not a "snap" judgement.

[/ QUOTE ]

1. Really, I didn't know you were such an expert on Myers' domestic situation. Why don't you tell me everything you know? Enlighten me.

2. No athlete is "completely unprovoked" after a game. You see, humans have these things called emotions...

The fact that you're so unreasonable on this position and apparently can't fathom both sides of the equation really makes you no better than you claim Myers is (or isn't).

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you even listen to the audio clip posted in the OP? If you had, I don't see how you could say #2.
Old 08-26-2007, 08:52 PM

I don't know how you can say he was completely unprovoked when the reporter asked Myers to spell retarded in a complete showing of classlessness

People blow up all the time when they have a bad game. People are blowing this out of proportion.
Old 08-26-2007, 08:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know how you can say he was completely unprovoked when the reporter asked Myers to spell retarded in a complete showing of classlessness

People blow up all the time when they have a bad game. People are blowing this out of proportion.

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf, the reporter only asked him how to spell retarded after myers CALLED HIM RETARDED (actually, i think it was fu**ing retarded). *that* was unprovoked.
Old 08-26-2007, 08:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
rofl @ snap judgments from almost everyone in this thread. you know him so well.

[/ QUOTE ]

he beat his wife a while ago, i've known he was a loser in life since then. so no, not a snap judgement troll.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't really know the story behind him beating his wife. Was it only reported once? Not that beating your wife once is a good thing (beating mine is), but I cannot imagine that this guy has any control over his emotions. He appears to be the stereotypical wife beater: One second real nice and then out of nowhere a lot of rage.

Something about what Myers said reminded me of Doyle Hargrove:

"Does this retard drool
and rub [censored] in his hair and all that?

I'm going to have a hard time eating
around that kind of thing.

Just like with antique furniture
and midgets.

I can't so much as drink a glass of
water around a midget or an antique."

"Let's be a family till your mentally
retarded and homosexual friends arrive."
Old 08-26-2007, 08:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
rofl @ snap judgments from almost everyone in this thread. you know him so well.

[/ QUOTE ]

he beat his wife a while ago, i've known he was a loser in life since then. so no, not a snap judgement troll.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't really know the story behind him beating his wife. Was it only reported once? Not that beating your wife once is a good thing (beating mine is), but I cannot imagine that this guy has any control over his emotions. He appears to be the stereotypical wife beater: One second real nice and then out of nowhere a lot of rage.

Something about what Myers said reminded me of Doyle Hargrove:

"Does this retard drool
and rub [censored] in his hair and all that?

I'm going to have a hard time eating
around that kind of thing.

Just like with antique furniture
and midgets.

I can't so much as drink a glass of
water around a midget or an antique."

"Let's be a family till your mentally
retarded and homosexual friends arrive."

[/ QUOTE ]

afaik, he was only in legal trouble for it once.

not just beat his wife....dragged her down a street by her hair in front of lots of people.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you saying that it's possible that Myers didn't beat his wife (i.e., that the details of the incident are incorrect)? Or are you saying that we can't conclude he's a POS loser just because he beat his wife?
Old 08-26-2007, 08:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno, I know it happens, but the vast majority of the time they are either civil, or if they are a little testy they don't start yelling at reporters. So while this doesn't make him History's Second Greatest Monster (behind Jimmy Carter), it is evidence that can reasonably used to indicate he has anger-management/self-control issues.

Of course, I don't know Brett Myers. Maybe the suffering he feels is well beyond that which normal mortals (including most other athletes) feel, so it is foolish to compare them to him.
Old 08-26-2007, 08:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
not just beat his wife....dragged her down a street by her hair in front of lots of people.

[/ QUOTE ]

Which is most likely the only reason he had been 'caught'. Battered women generally don't go to the police (considering it turns out worse sometimes) and unless she did something that was way out of line (like telling him he should try to pitch low and away when he throws his clothes in the hamper) it most likely was not the first time he beat her.

craig

edit for grammar
Closed Thread