Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-17-2007, 07:32 PM

Default Re: Why do so many people use pokerstars if they don\'t have rakeback?

Thanks to all who answered.

I signed up. I briefly looked at the VIP program. It looks like the points can be used to buy stuff in the pokerstars store and to play in tournaments. No money involved right?
Old 09-17-2007, 07:38 PM

Lots of reasons to play there:

1) biggest site, always a game going on
2) easy to get money on/off and very prompt about paying
3) good customer service
4) healthy financially
5) I like the customizable tables. lol I know, dumb reason maybe, but I get tired of the same backgrounds on other sites.
Old 09-17-2007, 07:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks to all who answered.

I signed up. I briefly looked at the VIP program. It looks like the points can be used to buy stuff in the pokerstars store and to play in tournaments. No money involved right?

[/ QUOTE ]

wrong if you're not a super low-stakes or low-volume player.

You can buy cash for points also. And you can use the concierge service which is pretty darned close to cash too.

There are lots of players on Stars who are getting plenty of direct-cash for the points they earn. But if you are only going to earn $20 worth of points a month then you are better off finding something in the store that interests you.

As mentioned, this has been covered in about 8-zillion threads in this very forum.
Old 09-17-2007, 08:48 PM

Stars havethe best SnG's and MTT's on the net and the FPP system is ok if you are a US high-volume/medium stake+ player.

If you are a low (non-micro)stake cash player and can play the Euro sites, then there are much better options available.
Old 09-17-2007, 10:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If only Stars has a system where you could get points, then convert the points into money.

[/ QUOTE ]

If only...
Old 09-17-2007, 10:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
because pokerstars is the only place right now where Im 100% confident im not going to get screwed out of my money by the people who run the site

[/ QUOTE ]

lol qft
Old 09-17-2007, 11:22 PM

why would anyone play anywhere else but stars? jeez...how many ppl have to get burned?
Old 09-17-2007, 11:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
why would anyone play anywhere else but stars? jeez...how many ppl have to get burned?

[/ QUOTE ]

For those of you with short memories Stars has only become the site of choice with many because the UIGEA forced the #1 site Partypoker to pull out of the USA market.
Before that there were just a few random maniacs who said that playing without direct RB was better than playing at a bigger site with the aforementioned RB.
Now of course Stars has inherited the #1 spot thanks to Republican politicians and more tend to sing it's praises.

The stars 'converts' tend to be a little dogmatic and narrow in their view for my liking. However if I didn't have RB at FTP I'd probably be playing there too.
Old 09-18-2007, 01:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

For those of you with short memories Stars has only become the site of choice with many because the UIGEA forced the #1 site Partypoker to pull out of the USA market.
Before that there were just a few random maniacs who said that playing without direct RB was better than playing at a bigger site with the aforementioned RB.
Now of course Stars has inherited the #1 spot thanks to Republican politicians and more tend to sing it's praises.

The stars 'converts' tend to be a little dogmatic and narrow in their view for my liking. However if I didn't have RB at FTP I'd probably be playing there too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your point is very misleading. Stars has ALWAYS been the #1 site in terms of customer service, reputation, and trustworthyness. Even when it wasnt the site of choice, everyone knew it was #1 in those areas.

I left party for stars pre UIGEA because I was sick of party's [censored] and wanted to play somewhere where I would be treated like a valued customer. For some people a % or 2 less in rakeback is worth it to know that your funds arent going to be seized for no reason, your account isnt going to get locked because of incompetence and if you do have a problem there are actual english speaking people who are very helpful ready to assist you.

So yeah more people play there now strictly because of UIGEA, but thats not really the point.
Old 09-18-2007, 04:08 AM

customer service