Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2007, 11:13 AM

Default Re: 1010 on 7 high board

No worse hands call. You're either looking at a bigger over pair like JJ-QQ or a boat 55-77, hell maybe even quads. When I saw the flop, I felt bad for you. What hands raise and then "just" call a re-raise? Usually small PPs and AK/AQ.

AC
Old 10-18-2007, 11:15 AM

a bigger cbet gets folds from ak and aq instead of bluff-shoves against weak looking c-bets.
Old 10-18-2007, 11:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i 3bet TT to get control over the pot...
pf is fine imo, just calling seems weak-tight

[/ QUOTE ]

If I'm on the button I 3bet it all day, from BB I'm a little more cautious, although if I think they are typical loose-passive players who will call with all kinds of crap then I definitely will. You may be right however, although I tend to be more of a spew-monkey than weak-tight.

[ QUOTE ]
Make a real bet and this call becomes much easier. Decide before you CB if you want to go with the hand or not.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what i'm trying to get to. I'm only c-betting if I don't mind getting it in, and if so then i'm c-betting more. I was wondering, in the case where I don't want to get it in, is it because I think MP and CO's 3-bet calling range skews too much towards JJ+, and if so, should I 3bet out of position?

That is my thought process, but I am having trouble deciding on a range for MP without more info. A lot depends on whether he would have 4-bet KK,AA preflop. If we can confidently eliminate those from his range than I think we have enough equity against a range like QQ-77,55 to call.
Old 10-18-2007, 11:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Make a real bet and this call becomes much easier. Decide before you CB if you want to go with the hand or not.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm glad you picked up on this. This is something I'm trying to ask myself more often on the turn, river, etc.

[ QUOTE ]
...because I think MP and CO's 3-bet calling range skews too much towards JJ+, and if so, should I 3bet out of position?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think a straight forward opponent is more likely to call with some mid pocket pairs 77-JJ and feel more comfortable getting it in PF with AA-QQ.

So preflop, I probably would not skew his hands towards premiums. If anything, I'd put more weight on the middle pockets. When he shoves, I still keep 99 in there but also know that I'm going to see QQ a fair amount too.