Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2007, 06:04 AM

Default Re: Some Features That Need to Make It into Online Poker

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
While I would, in some situations, like to run it 2+ times...you would have to have make separate tables for it, and I just don't think it would be popular enough for any site to take the time to code it into their software

[/ QUOTE ]

You wouldn't need separate tables for it. It could just be an option you, as an individual, set. If two people get all-in against each other before the river and they both have the "run it twice" option set, the board will be run twice. Otherwise, it won't. As for popularity, running it twice is all the rage in televised high stakes cash games right now; by virtue of that alone, it could become a popular option online.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong. It's not a matter of both players in the hand wanting to run it several times, it's the hands/hour that causes the problem. If 2 players in a hand have this theoretical "option" checked to run it twice if given the choice, you also have to consider the rest of the table.

At high stakes game, like you see on HSP, the players at the rest of the table would never complain because these players are often getting the $ in for 200+ bb's and a huge amount of cash $, even for them.

Online, even the 300/600 game has a 100bb buyin cap, and these players are more often than not properly rolled for the games they're playing, and not going to be interested in running it twice/watching anyone else run it twice every AI pot.

The site would have to make separate tables, 100%.
Old 11-19-2007, 05:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
arguing about runnning it twice and crap like that would slow down the game so damn much

[/ QUOTE ]
It's an option you could autoset. If you had it set and so did the other guy, you'd run it twice. If either party did not have it set, the board would not be run twice. Seems pretty simple to implement to me.
Old 11-19-2007, 05:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
arguing about runnning it twice and crap like that would slow down the game so damn much

[/ QUOTE ]
It's an option you could autoset. If you had it set and so did the other guy, you'd run it twice. If either party did not have it set, the board would not be run twice. Seems pretty simple to implement to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

is it just me or am I missing something?
Old 11-19-2007, 05:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ ] It's just you.
[x] You're missing something.
Old 11-19-2007, 05:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ ] It's just you.
[x] You're missing something.

[/ QUOTE ]

[x] pretty sure i'm not
[x] will let someone else explain
[ ] you are cool
Old 11-19-2007, 09:07 AM

Running it twice seems a little silly. You run it twice to reduce variance that is inherent when you only see 15 hands per fortnight. You see so many hands online that the variance problem more or less works itself out over a pretty short time. If you're seeing 10K, 20K, 30K+ hands per month you are effective running everything much more than twice.

But the live straddle? I'm all over that baby. Even better if you could put on the Mississippi straddle. Ohhhhh doctor.
Old 11-19-2007, 12:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Running it twice seems a little silly. You run it twice to reduce variance that is inherent when you only see 15 hands per fortnight. You see so many hands online that the variance problem more or less works itself out over a pretty short time. If you're seeing 10K, 20K, 30K+ hands per month you are effective running everything much more than twice.

But the live straddle? I'm all over that baby. Even better if you could put on the Mississippi straddle. Ohhhhh doctor.

[/ QUOTE ]running it twice not needed. staddle would make it fun. people wouldnt be asking to "run it twice" if they hadnt seen it on tv. just a load of bandwagon hopping trendy crap, put dark check in with that also.
Old 11-19-2007, 07:34 AM

not sure who if any play at pokertime, its a prima skin, but they will have this soon. New update will include running it twice, straddles, and resizable tables.
Old 11-19-2007, 11:04 AM

Where players are all in, option to split pot based on equity.
Turn over any hole card(s) in HU pots by double clicking the card you wanna show at any point in the hand.
Hide empty tables.
Prop betting.
Old 11-19-2007, 11:24 AM

1. Insurance with the site, you tick a box, you pay a certain amount => win => nothing happens / loss => you get like 2% less EV for the hand.

2. Stakaments => YESSSSSS