Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2007, 08:49 AM

Default Re: 50NL:TP vs 2 villains on draw flop

[ QUOTE ]
You should definately raise flop, I wouldn't mind making it like 9-10 bucks.
If you're still with 3 players after it I check behind or c/f turn a lot.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont think that is a very good line, so you want to bet. 10~~ into 7.5? What does that achieve, somekind of combodraw calls it, AQ/AK probably call it, set is totally gonna call it even straightdraw is probably gonna call it and your in horrible horrible situation at turn where you have to c/f.
Old 11-19-2007, 09:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I want more money in this pot everywhere and I'm likely playing for stacks.

[/ QUOTE ]

level?

[/ QUOTE ]
No, but the "likely playing for stacks" part might be a bit of an exaggeration. I'm obv playing for stacks vs MP no matter what and I will find myself all-in vs the other player a decent amount too depending on how the hand goes down after my pfr. Too many scenarios to cover.

Overall I'm quite suprised by the weak/tight replies in this thread given these guys are complete donks who won't ever let go of a fd or oesd and will way over value Ax/gs etc.
Old 11-19-2007, 10:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You should definately raise flop, I wouldn't mind making it like 9-10 bucks.
If you're still with 3 players after it I check behind or c/f turn a lot.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont think that is a very good line, so you want to bet. 10~~ into 7.5? What does that achieve, somekind of combodraw calls it, AQ/AK probably call it, set is totally gonna call it even straightdraw is probably gonna call it and your in horrible horrible situation at turn where you have to c/f.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not about what you bet relative to the pot, it's about what odds you are giving villain. Villains range is full of draws, you want to make him pay maximum for drawing them.
By raising 10, villain has to call 8.50 in a 17.00 pot, which is exactly 1:2.

Another plus is that the 2nd villain will have worse odds and likely has to throw all his drawing hands away. In a multiway pot that isn't so bad, because you're likely ahead against 1 villain, but behind against both.

(And a set should probably push this flop imo instead of calling)
Old 11-19-2007, 10:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Overall I'm quite suprised by the weak/tight replies in this thread given these guys are complete donks who won't ever let go of a fd or oesd and will way over value Ax/gs etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is why this forum is imo a somewhat dangerous tool for new players, and I dont post too much here.

It feels like 70-90% of posts are where people took a beat and post a "did I play it right" where everyone already knows the answer and tells you to fold it.

I think really cutting down on these type of posts would help out, make it so posts have to have a purpose rather than the semi-badbeat stories.

Eg did I bet this right, could I bet it better, was this a good spot to bluff given my reads which by the way were xxx does yyy in pot type ccc.

Locking low content HH threads with no written analysis/provisos should be a must, obviously with an explanation posted by the moderator.
Old 11-19-2007, 11:02 AM

Ok thx all for answers. My thought was that if i check turn then many cards on river scared me and i may be bluffed. So i decide to bet 1/2 pot on turn with an idea to call all-in from one villain. As played i fold my TP, BB show 76 for str8 and MP A9o for 2 pairs.