Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-22-2007, 11:02 PM

Default Re: Split aces multiway, stud hi

[ QUOTE ]
I diagree with your comments about thrid street. If he thought that the other 2 players behind him were folding anyway, just calling in this spot is perfectly acceptable. They are calling if rory raises- this way he adds deception to his hand and keeps the pot small enough to possibly knock out some players on 4th.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think so. So playing here is just horrible. It's a good way to turn a likely win into a most likely loss.
Old 02-23-2007, 01:03 AM

I would pop it on third and lead fourth. Maybe the guys behind you are folding, maybe they're not, but if they're on the fence, give them the chance to fold. Even if everyone calls, you're getting more money in with the best hand.

As played, I think you can almost fold on fifth. You've succeeded in keeping the pot fairly small. Granted, you and the guy with open Fours haven't been showing much strength, but these guys are betting and raising into you with something, right? Your line is OK, I suppose, but you've put a lot of money in with what probably isn't the best hand, and you didn't put much in when you probably did.
Old 02-23-2007, 02:59 AM

i would have folded 5th.
Old 02-23-2007, 03:01 PM

Thanks for the responses everyone.

I agree I butchered this hand which is why I posted it. With my big pairs I get concerned about trying to finagle ways to knock people out in later rounds and put myself in tough situations like this.

I agree completely with betting out on 4th in retrospect and hoping to get the 3 to raise to knock everyone out. That seems like the most effective way to go for the knockout. Since the 3 was pretty passive I was not sure he would raise if I bet but since only 1 bet went in anyway if I check and call I should have bet and at least took a shot he would raise and bet.

On fifth I agree as well that it might be a fold. It is either a fold or a 3-bet because I would like the open pair behind me to fold hs likely two pair in case the 3 has a big pair in the hole and the raiser has some kind of draw. The open pair hemmed and hawed for a while and told me later he did indeed fold two pair.

Anyway it wound up that the 7 had a pair and an open ended straight draw on 5th and caught the straight on 6th but was afraid I had a flush or a bigger straight.

I got too focused on trying to figure out a way to get people to face multiple bets in this hand. I like Andy B's response which is nice and clear which is basically since I can't really maneuver in a way to knock people out I should just raise and get my money in with the best of it.
Old 02-24-2007, 03:53 PM

Congrats Wahoo on the the big touney win last night. Why don't you open the 5/10 yourself, instead of asking other players. Then we could like real men, instead of this 1/2 crap.