Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-04-2006, 11:37 PM

Default Re: Being a nit postflop, AQs 50nl

I look at the full pot c/bet as one that wants a fold, i don't think AK bets this hard...I call.

Question...I never min bet...i swear...but would this be a horrible place to do it? It could be a cheap way to ensure a check on the turn, and I can let it go to a raise. Stupid?
Old 12-04-2006, 11:41 PM

Yeah this is a great flop for you, you need to at least call and see what the villian continues to do.
Old 12-04-2006, 11:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would agree, but I didn't see this as a spot to make a stand, nor is this a standard c/bet imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

do u not see it as a standard cbet bcuz it is pot sized??

i think u can find out whether where u r on the turn. if it is different then a cbet then he will put out another big bet on the turn and then i can say fold with out worrying to much. this bet is just to fishy for me to laydown tp2k with out a read at nl50.
Old 12-04-2006, 11:53 PM

wow at this fold.
If anyone ever plays vs OP and doesnt have the stone cold nuts, just use the bet pot button. he folds. doesnt matter what u have. AQ is the 2nd nuts on this board
Old 12-04-2006, 11:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I would agree, but I didn't see this as a spot to make a stand, nor is this a standard c/bet imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

do u not see it as a standard cbet bcuz it is pot sized??

i think u can find out whether where u r on the turn. if it is different then a cbet then he will put out another big bet on the turn and then i can say fold with out worrying to much. this bet is just to fishy for me to laydown tp2k with out a read at nl50.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your last point is the only reason I hesitated, however, the other factors I outlined in this hand at I analyzed it, led me to lean fold.
Old 12-04-2006, 11:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
a pot sized bet in no way means you are behind. what were you possibly hoping to flop? a flush?

[/ QUOTE ]

nope, but great post.
Old 12-05-2006, 12:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
wow at this fold.
If anyone ever plays vs OP and doesnt have the stone cold nuts, just use the bet pot button. he folds. doesnt matter what u have. AQ is the 2nd nuts on this board

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll repeat and perhaps clearify a little if I can, and ref what I think you and orange wrote on the ssnlf about success at certain levels... I'll even be blunt. I agree raising pf is way standard. I have been losing a lot of money at this particular level w/ tptk in situations where I don't need too. I decided to play a session where I would exploit larger edges at this level. It worked great.

All that being said, I've told orange before - and he didn't agree or disagree - that I "think" I've been playing 50nl the same way I played 100nl and 200nl on Party, and spinning my wheels - and I made sure to include the fact that my skill level isn't on par w/ his, or even yours.
Old 12-05-2006, 12:54 AM

First of all, I think the poster is getting too defensive here. It's your choice whether or not to listen to the replies. And what we are critiquing is the line played, not you. You can explain yourself so others can help you better, but justifying your play is pretty fruitless.

On the other hand, I do understand where the poster is coming from with cutting down losses versus others who question why he even played the hand.

Here's the problem, AQs is definitely a very good hand. Obviously the best thing that can happen to this hand is a flush possibility. But if one decides to play this hand for only flush reasons, any A#s hand is just as good. If a villian starts to realize you are backing down with anything but the nuts(just an assumption) because he is afraid to lose a lot of 2nd nuts, then in a long run, you will lose a lot more than you would be avoiding eg. TP2k.

Think about the odds of flopping what you want. I don't even think 2 flush cards would satisfy you without hitting a pair here. The chance of that happening is extremely low. Flopping 2 pairs, flush, trip, straight? all very low possibilities.

People would honestly push you around all day long if you are exploited in this way. On the bright side of things, this hand that you fold is far from "dead" even if you are behind(which you don't know for sure yet). If he has A2, you are basically drawing dead. But chances are low. He most likely have a similar hand with you, or he had just a mid pair. In the few hands that have you beat, there are 100 times more hands that you would beat against what he might raise 4xbb with.

Since you have position here w/ a great flop and great hand, at the very least(since you don't have much info on villian), you should call here. Even if it's just for information. Perhaps a spade or another ace will flop here. You also have control with position, so if he makes an outrageous bet, you only lost minimal. If he doesn't, you might just value yourself a nice size pot for doing little(he did all the work!).

I think most people are just saying that there is +EV in this hand and you are giving it up too early. By doing so and if the villian has a worse hand, you have lost by the FTOP. Maybe you think by avoiding this confrontation, you have gained by not losing more money. At this rate though, losing 4x bb every time you are in an iffy situation on the flop, and folding, it's going to be hard to make these bets back by just only going ahead with a "confident" hand. Even with those hands, unless you are nuts paddling, you are never sure you have the best hand anyways. And the nuts don't really come often enough, I'm sure you know that.
Old 12-05-2006, 01:39 AM

I don't get it Killer ... if you call pf, you got to call or raise this on the flop, else fold pf.

You got a read and folded ... ok, fair enough ... but without that read (Which we can't fanthom without being there), let us face it ... you look awful
Old 12-05-2006, 02:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't get it Killer ... if you call pf, you got to call or raise this on the flop, else fold pf.

You got a read and folded ... ok, fair enough ... but without that read (Which we can't fanthom without being there), let us face it ... you look awful

[/ QUOTE ]

umm...exactly.