Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Group 2 - One vs. Sixteen
Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back 176 88.89%
The Running Man 22 11.11%
Voters: 198. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-14-2006, 01:46 PM

Default Re: Would you go to showdown here?

Pot is too small for me want to showdown hand 4, we're never winning hand 3, but I take the other two to showdown.
Old 08-14-2006, 02:16 PM

Not betting the turn in hand 4 should mean you are calling any river card.

Hand 1 I would call one more to see a showdown, although it doesn't look too good.
Old 08-14-2006, 07:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The reason I check-called Hand 4 is, we're in a really bad spot if Villain decides to raise us on the turn with another A-high or a 4 or 5 or 2 or 6 or overcard garbage, so I could see him doing that with a wide range of hands potentially. What would you guys do if you bet and get raised there?

Plus I was confident Villain would bet anyway after my flop bet/turn check...the Villains I play against bet this turn 100% of the time after you show weakness...why should I bet and risk getting raised when he'll charge himself anyway?

Edited to add: Wow just noticed he actually checked behind on the turn, lol...make that 100% a 95%, but the point is still the same. In hand 2, which came before this hand, he showed down KhKd, so I knew he wasn't ultra-passive and that gave me reason to think he would bet after I slow down (which almost always happens it seems like).

[/ QUOTE ]
Betting hand 2 w/ overpair and the second nut flush draw doesn't translate into him raising a gutshot or even an OESD in hand 4.