Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-2007, 04:50 PM

Default Re: ***3000th Post: Tilt and R.A.A.***

Good post. Im finding that the ONLY cure for my tilt is to have a break and only come back when my head is clear
Old 10-16-2007, 04:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Good effort, tho I don't agree on all of it. Emotion is not something that sould be surpressed imo (whatever ama claims)

Tilt is like variance something to make friends with and embrace, tho it is hard to explain and get into

This subject is the pooh-bah post that I never wrote I guess.

[/ QUOTE ]
I am in disagreement with this. Putting emotional state into the game is going to effect your overall emotional state. I had a friend who i discussed emotions with about poker. He said when he got emotional about the game in any way, he tended to carry that emotion into his social life and other areas, whether good or bad. As i said we should all have a life outside of poker, and tho its hard, if not impossible, to accomplish, emotion should be checked at the door and picked back up separately as u leave the table
Old 10-17-2007, 11:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
havenīt read it jet but just one question how can you tilt for 8k hands?
if you wrote about that just ignore my question...

[/ QUOTE ]

Trust me on this one, tilting for 8K hands is easy enough ... hehe.

Good effort, tho I don't agree on all of it. Emotion is not something that sould be surpressed imo (whatever ama claims)

Tilt is like variance something to make friends with and embrace, tho it is hard to explain and get into

This subject is the pooh-bah post that I never wrote I guess.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm curious as to your thoughts on this. I read a couple posts at some point that I agree with in regards to emotions and poker. Basically, they said if you are completely emotionally detached from poker you aren't bothered enough by playing poorly, results, losing money, etc. then you won't be as driven to improve. It's all about how you react to the negative emotion. The difference to me is that in the short term it changes your game negatively, but in the long term can be put to productive use.