Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > High Stakes MTT
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-19-2007, 03:17 AM

Default Re: Hand vs Colson10 in 2500 6h

I didn't not see that someone called you before colson shoved. Ehh. Like, I could understand why someone might check AQ/66/44/A6 in his shoes, because he may expect one of you to bet, but I think majority of time he will just lead w/ those hands. I call.
Old 06-19-2007, 03:19 AM

Why would he lead the turn when the Ace hits the turn and he's sure hes going to get a bet out of him? And if he leads the turn and river is the hero going just call call? Doubtful.

[ QUOTE ]
I didn't not see that someone called you before colson shoved. Ehh. Like, I could understand why someone might check AQ/66/44/A6 in his shoes, because he may expect one of you to bet, but I think majority of time he will just lead w/ those hands. I call.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-19-2007, 03:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
pshh

he has nuts or draw here (nuts being better than A4)

and he obv doesnt have AA/QQ

so it's 44/66 or one of 8 trillion draws, tell me how you do against that range

[/ QUOTE ]

trillions of draws, really? The only open ender and flush draws are 75s, which i dont think carl nec has pf.
Old 06-19-2007, 03:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
pshh

he has nuts or draw here (nuts being better than A4)

and he obv doesnt have AA/QQ

so it's 44/66 or one of 8 trillion draws, tell me how you do against that range

[/ QUOTE ]

trillions of draws, really? The only open ender and flush draws are 75s, which i dont think carl nec has pf.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd be shocked if he would fold 75s preflop here.

Given turn decision, I have no idea. It really feels like you're beat here but you are obviously ahead of button.. very meh spot.
Old 06-19-2007, 03:42 AM

Carl squeezed me in the ME last year so I'm calling here.

He can make this play with many hands that are behind but have outs because its a nice pot and often succeeds without showdown.
Old 06-19-2007, 03:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why would he lead the turn when the Ace hits the turn and he's sure hes going to get a bet out of him? And if he leads the turn and river is the hero going just call call? Doubtful.

[/ QUOTE ]

Also, if he has AQ/66/44 and leads the turn and gets 2 callers, a flush draw's flat call from the button can always get correct price to call. In another word, a set leads out the turn can't raise/adjust the pot to have a flush draw from behind pay the correct price.

Knowing bond would bet, checking with a set(and adjust the size of check/raise according to button's action) makes more sense here.
Old 06-19-2007, 03:58 AM

Man, the more I think about this the more I think it's a fold. Carl fully expects you to bet a big ace here and I don't think he expects you to fold. I don't think he's pushing a combo draw here, because he expects one of you to call, and he only has one card to come and is getting a good price to spike if he does have a draw. Man, that's sick.
Old 06-19-2007, 04:33 AM

it's an instafold because A4 'almost' = AK here and colson cannot expect the average internet clown to fold AK, much less the super calling station button (the way Bond described this guy to me tonight, he is folding 0% of the time).

basically, colson knows somebody in that 4 way giant pot hit the ace, and doesn't necessarily expect a fold. 64s should be the bottom of his range (so we beat exactly 1 hand, which may well lead the flop anyway), and 75 should never ever be a shove because at least the button is calling.

you guys all semibluff combo draws with little FE on the wrong street way too much btw.
Old 06-19-2007, 04:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Carl squeezed me in the ME last year so I'm calling here.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol
Old 06-19-2007, 04:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
it's an instafold because A4 'almost' = AK here

[/ QUOTE ]
Not really, no. For the reason that AK < A4 (if carl has a4 and we have AK), as well as the fact that A4 means that there is 1 less 4 that can make up 44..

[ QUOTE ]
colson cannot expect the average internet clown to fold AK,

[/ QUOTE ]
what??? First of all, bond isnt an avg internet clown, he is a 2+2er which colson is at least somewhat familiar with, and he knows he is a thinking opponent.

[ QUOTE ]
much less the super calling station button

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is the wrong way to look at this. He is a station for the first bet, surely, but that also means a lot of his range is 2nd and 3rd pair type hands which most live players fold to a shove here.
I mean, is he a TOTAL station who will stack off with like TT here? Or is he a normal live station who will call with TT and then fold to a shove?

[ QUOTE ]
you guys all semibluff combo draws with little FE on the wrong street way too much btw.

[/ QUOTE ]

what are you talking about?