Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-2007, 10:52 PM

Default Re: And His Point Is?.....

[ QUOTE ]
2 questions:
So terrorism is OK as long as its not being funded by oil? However, if it funded by oil, then you think the United States should invade that country and take over their oil reserves?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think his point was that terrorists not funded by oil don't tend to have to resources to threaten U.S. interests.
Old 09-16-2007, 11:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
2 questions:
So terrorism is OK as long as its not being funded by oil? However, if it funded by oil, then you think the United States should invade that country and take over their oil reserves?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think his point was that terrorists not funded by oil don't tend to have to resources to threaten U.S. interests.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or chicken and the egg... maybe terrorists not funded by oil aren't threatened by the US whose foreign policy since WWII has been to secure foreign oil by any means necessary (except simply pay market price), even if that means backing ruthless dictators which naturally makes people not like us so much.
Old 09-16-2007, 11:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Exactly....
Pew International polls have shown that roughly 60% of the Jordanian population supports Bin Laden and terrorism against the USA. There are MILLIONS and MILLIONS and MILLIONS of would be terrorists in the Arab world. But the average Jordanian can't afford a bus ticket accross town much less buying a plane ticket to realize their terrorist ambitions against the West... Muslim terrorists have ample manpower. Money is their main bottleneck from expanding terrorism. Oil is their primary source of money...
Old 09-16-2007, 11:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
2 questions:

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He was referring to terrorist attacks. The estimated cost of executing 9/11 was 500k..chump change...no oil money needed.
Old 09-17-2007, 08:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
2 questions:

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope. His point is that oil rich countries have resources which are worth stealing, occupying, murdering, terrorizing. Countries that don't have such (or other meaningful) resources are worthless and any war among them would actually be in the US interest (wars weakening them by reducing other countries resources/funds/people).
Old 09-17-2007, 09:15 AM

Felix,

I really made an effort to read your posts and understand your points. But I just busted out laughing when you linked to the CFR as a source of information. They're about as reliable a source of unbiased info as Alex Jones, just with the opposite agenda.
Old 09-17-2007, 10:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Nope. His point is that oil rich countries have resources which are worth stealing, occupying, murdering, terrorizing.

[/ QUOTE ]
If this were true....then the USA would take Kuwait's, Bahrain's, and Dubai's oil. Then the USA would be flush with cash. After all these countries don't have the military to stop the USA.... While we're at it lets take Indonesia's oil as well. But but don't let these facts stop you from continuing your self-hating American rhetoric...

Before the 1991 War, Iraq was a useful counter-balance to checking Iran's imperial ambitions. It was in many countries interests including the USA that Iraq be a strong country. However in 1991, Bush chose to engage in an optional war with Iraq. Countries like Saudia Arabia, Syria, et al ask the US to attack Iraq because they feared a strong Iraq that possessed Kuwait's oil. The peace treaty after the war was crap. It gave Iraq no honorable outs other than defiance of the treaty. But the 1993 assassination attempt on Bush41 was grounds alone for war.... The war should have started that day.... Saddam is a screw-up. If he played his cards right he could have gotten what he wanted without having a war with the USA....
Old 09-16-2007, 11:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So terrorism is OK as long as its not being funded by oil?

[/ QUOTE ]
Silly question. It takes a creative interpretation to draw that conclusion from my post. Terrorism against the USA should be dealt with regardless whether the terrorism is funded by oil, diamonds, gold, or any other commodity....

[ QUOTE ]
However, if it funded by oil, then you think the United States should invade that country and take over their oil reserves?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes....if a country wants to sponsor terrorism against the USA or its allies, then **** them. If I had it my way we would bomb the Iranian refineries and their oil fields to shut off the flow of money sponsoring Shia terrorism. As for Saudia Arabia, their oil money is sponsoring Sunni terrorism and al Qaeda. It makes me sick when Bush calls the Saudis our allies. I would invade Saudia Arabia and take the oil. Legally the oil is 50% the property of the USA but it was stolen via nationalization during the Eisenhower administration. Time to take back our oil. This time all of it. Then there would be no more money sponsoring Sunni terrorism... Payback is a bitch...
Old 09-16-2007, 09:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But Iraq did have oil which they chose to use to sponsor terrorism ...

[/ QUOTE ]

Keep repeating this lie and it still doesn't make it true.
Old 09-16-2007, 10:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My god, if only we had the technology to get off our oil addiction.

[/ QUOTE ]

If there were, why would the Corps. use it, that would compromise their profit.I say there is the technology, but a lack of desire on the Corps. side to make use of it.

And the fact that Alan Greenspan, one of the most significant figures in modern day, openly states the relationship between oil and Iraq has significant value IMO.