FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: ___
Detroit 0 0%
Chicago (H) 10 100.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2007, 12:18 AM

Default Re: OT: [censored] thread, August, READ RULES IN TOP POST

I'd just like to report that my first session on Stars in 8 months is going as projected...

Poker Stars $25+2 45-man turbo
No Limit Holdem Tournament
Blinds: t10/t20
9 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (9 players) Hero is UTG+1 with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to t80</font>, 5 folds, SB calls t70 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was t110)</font>, BB calls t60 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was t180)</font>.

Flop: 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (t240, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets t300</font>, BB calls t300 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was t540)</font>, Hero folds.

Turn: 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (t840, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB is all-in t1080</font>, BB calls t1080 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was t1920)</font>.

River: 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (t3000, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: t3000)

Results:
SB shows Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (a full house, Threes full of Queens)
BB shows A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (two pair, Eights and Threes)
Final pot: SB wins t3000
Old 08-22-2007, 12:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd just like to report that my first session on Stars in 8 months is going as projected...

9 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (9 players) Hero is UTG+1 with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to t80</font>, 5 folds, SB calls t70 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was t110)</font>, BB calls t60 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was t180)</font>.

Flop: 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (t240, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets t300</font>, BB calls t300 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was t540)</font>, Hero folds.

<font color="#cc0000">SB is all-in t1080</font>, BB calls t1080 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was t1920)</font>.

River: 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (t3000, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: t3000)

Results:
SB shows Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (a full house, Threes full of Queens)
BB shows A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (two pair, Eights and Threes)

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats totally standard in a 45 man turbo. Those things are rigged worse than the 9 man ones.
Old 08-22-2007, 12:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]

9 players
Converter

Results:

[/ QUOTE ]

Push flop?
Old 08-22-2007, 12:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
beat: The contractor working on the deck accidentially let out the upstairs people/landlords' retarded/antisocial/criminally-insane dog into the back yard.
brag: My wife came through the gate on her way home and the dog bolted.
beat: I felt obliged to chase it.
beat: No shoes, no cell phone
beat: I almost got hit by 87 cars chasing this [censored]
variance: The dog was hit by zero cars.
beat: I chased the dog for about ten blocks on foot, before giving up and getting my bike and wasting another two hours.
beat: The chase raised a large number of blisters on the soles of my feet.
beat: Blisters hurt.
beat: Feet are necessary for pretty much all of my typical locomotion.
brag: The dog was gone for three hours.
beat: The dog got returned.
beat: My feet [censored] hurt.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're one hell of a tenant.

I don't know if this is a brag or not, but my wife once scared the crap out of a full grown african rhino.
Old 08-22-2007, 12:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Brag: Friend of mine hired Ali G for his 40th birthday Party.

Beat: I didn't go [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

How much does that cost? Details?
Old 08-22-2007, 12:45 AM

It was about 6 years ago and I believe cost about £6,000, so maybe $12k.
Old 08-22-2007, 12:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

9 players
Converter

Results:

[/ QUOTE ]

Push flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

A donk and a call is pretty strong back where I come from, though in retrospect it was definitely a bad play. That makes it the perfect example of how Stars is rigged in favor of bad players in every possible way.
Old 08-22-2007, 12:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It was about 6 years ago and I believe cost about £6,000, so maybe $12k.

[/ QUOTE ]

6 years ago it would've been $9000. In 2 years it will be $4500. Exchange rates fluctuating, etc.
Old 08-22-2007, 12:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

9 players
Converter

Results:

[/ QUOTE ]

Push flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

A donk and a call is pretty strong back where I come from, though in retrospect it was definitely a bad play. That makes it the perfect example of how Stars is rigged in favor of bad players in every possible way.

[/ QUOTE ]

How and why would you fold the flop? The most important of the 2 is how? I really wanna know.

Why is obv. idiots abound.

As for riggedness, yes a bit but truly, if you would've shoved this a fraction of a second earlier or later, which you would've, it would've altered the random cards which would've changed the turn/river to K/K. You know that, ur a nuclear something or other. I'm a stupid Grunt.

am I right?
Old 08-22-2007, 01:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

9 players
Converter

Results:

[/ QUOTE ]

Push flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How and why would you fold the flop? The most important of the 2 is how? I really wanna know.

Why is obv. idiots abound.

As for riggedness, yes a bit but truly, if you would've shoved this a fraction of a second earlier or later, which you would've, it would've altered the random cards which would've changed the turn/river to K/K. You know that, ur a nuclear something or other. I'm a stupid Grunt.

am I right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah... this is why my fold was bad.

Seriously... it was just me donking around to test out the new Stars deposit option in a game I don't know well at all. My thought process at the time was something like "SB has at least a Q with a decent kicker and BB has at least a pair. ??? Profit."
Closed Thread