Brown vs. DEN 1 8.33%
Taylor @ SF 5 41.67%
Green @ BUF 5 41.67%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-17-2007, 01:15 PM

Location: ***yankees offseason thread*** oh and Gd River Ave Blues
Default Re: ALCS - Indians vs Red Sox

[ QUOTE ]
I agree that a few Sox fans have whined in this thread but it's kind of pathetic for Yankee fans to call them out on it. But I guess I can understand that they need to do something to ease their pain.

[/ QUOTE ]

well, come on. all of you called arod out for slapping the ball. why wouldn't you do it for pedoroia? isn't that kind of pathetic?

fwiw, yes, i was also one of the yankee fans that said, it's ridiculous how hard the yankees are hitting the balls right at people. but we basically owned up to our team not coming through, which includes our ace and our offense.

you guys haven't lost yet, but i hope you own up to something in this series.

p.s. the midges incident was also redonkulous, but i only had a problem with how cleveland players handled it at post-game.
Old 10-17-2007, 01:16 PM

I'd like to say that since I became an Indians fan on Saturday night because the Red Sox fans were owning this thread, they are 3-0. So, in my crappy math if I started the season as an Indians fan they would right now be 168-0.

Just so the Indian fans know who they should be thanking when Beckett gets food poisoning tomorrow.
Old 10-17-2007, 01:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you're going to say that underperforming=sucking then I guess your Yankees sucked pretty much all year, despite all this hype as the "best team in baseball".

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, the Yankees underperformed (i.e., sucked) for much of the first half of the season AND in the ALDS. How many posts from Sox fans in this thread talk about the Red Sox sucking Jeez -- you are great at finding issues where there are none. The Red Sox have not played well this series. Is that open to debate?

Best team in Baseball this year? I never said that about the Yankees... For most of the season, the consensus gave that award to the team that is losing 3-1 in the ALCS...

[/ QUOTE ]

No doubt. 6,7,8,9 in the lineup have basically been automatic outs or DPs all postseason. I've almost completely lost it a number of times after watching Drew wave like a little girl at a middle-in fastball, or Coco Crisp ground into yet another rally-ending DP. I'm with you there. Doesn't help that aside from Beckett, no other starter has even gone 5 innings. They've been underperforming/ completely sucking dick.
Old 10-17-2007, 01:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I agree that a few Sox fans have whined in this thread but it's kind of pathetic for Yankee fans to call them out on it. But I guess I can understand that they need to do something to ease their pain.

[/ QUOTE ]

well, come on. all of you called arod out for slapping the ball. why wouldn't you do it for pedoroia? isn't that kind of pathetic?

fwiw, yes, i was also one of the yankee fans that said, it's ridiculous how hard the yankees are hitting the balls right at people. but we basically owned up to our team not coming through, which includes our ace and our offense.

p.s. the midges incident was also redonkulous, but i only had a problem with how cleveland players handled it at post-game.

[/ QUOTE ]

I already admitted to Pedroia's slap being completely gay.

Here's a pole.
Old 10-17-2007, 01:23 PM

LOL DUSTIN FRAUDROIA HAHA LOOK AT ME IM SO CLEVER
Old 10-17-2007, 01:23 PM

FWIW, I think if you were to review the video, Pedroia's isn't as sorry looking because he was actually diving to the bag. A-Rod had the limp wrists and everything, and he made virtually no attempt to hide it, then he kept whining like a little girl.
Old 10-17-2007, 01:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
LOL DUSTIN FRAUDROIA HAHA LOOK AT ME IM SO CLEVER

[/ QUOTE ]

....QFT hahaha. Maybe Pedroia should worry less about slapping mitts and more about NOT GROUNDING OUT WEEKLY TO THIRD BASE EVERY SINGLE AT BAT AARRGRGGHHH
Old 10-17-2007, 01:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The main reason the Sox are losing this series is because our starters in the last 3 games couldn't get out of the 5th inning.

Ok?
Old 10-17-2007, 01:34 PM

does anyone have a video of it? I don't recall him trying to blatantly slap the ball out. if he did, it's obviously as gay, but I think that picture may be misleading.
Old 10-17-2007, 01:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Pathetic is my middle name... and smiling as the Sox collapse does ease some of the pain... thanks for understanding.

[/ QUOTE ]

Least I could do.