Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Who is in the more wrong here?
Anacardo mega wrong 3 2.31%
Anacardo semi wrong 6 4.62%
meh, can't tell 31 23.85%
Kitty semi wrong 40 30.77%
kitty mega wrong. 50 38.46%
Voters: 130. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2007, 07:43 PM

Default Re: Long (cliffnotes at bottom)

Obviously studying is going to be very important as Wicks moves forward. But, if you are getting mad because he has not studied enough up to this point, take a step back and look at the situation.

Wicks left his job ill prepared for a career as a poker pro. He did it with no 'cushion' and not much of a bankroll. So, him grinding it out right now with his existing knowledge base is really understandable. He has to put the hours in to get ahead of some of his expenses.

If he continues to not study after he has a bit of a 'cushion' to sit on, then yea, he's stupid. But, until then, as long as he's winning, grinding might be in his best interest.
Old 04-26-2007, 08:21 PM

The reason so many people like this thread is because it is kind of like a big joke. I mean go through the pictures. Look at the story of a cab driver who quits his job to play 3.40s all day with a manager who gives up to the minute updates about everything.

It is freaking hilarious. Great if he succeeds, and a good story if he doesn't.
Old 04-26-2007, 08:26 PM

Default Re: Today I became a pro.

[ QUOTE ]
Guys, we're doing good here, lets make the final push for 2,000 posts. Sounds like a good milestone.

[/ QUOTE ]

Aiming for posts for the sake of posts is really, really, crap.

Thinking that the number of posts in this thread creates any value for anyone is really, really, crap.
Old 04-26-2007, 08:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Guys, we're doing good here, lets make the final push for 2,000 posts. Sounds like a good milestone.

[/ QUOTE ]

Aiming for posts for the sake of posts is really, really, crap.

Thinking that the number of posts in this thread creates any value for anyone is really, really, crap.

[/ QUOTE ]This is your opinion and I think your opinion is crap. Many people who otherwise would have never looked at this thread have because of the sheer volume of posts. They then post, which makes people laugh, creating value, and in turn, raising the post count drawing even more attention to it. So yeah, pretty much your opinion in this case is crap.
Old 04-26-2007, 08:50 PM

whoa whoa whoa this post has gone nasty. Why cant we have humour (without jokes that have already been said) and constructive critiscm at the same time.

Surely you can all live together under the same roof and get along.

MJ this thread could do with some new pics to cheer up wickss's loyal followers.
Old 04-26-2007, 09:07 PM

Koombayah my lord . . . . koombayah . . . .
Old 04-26-2007, 09:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
so cliff notes anybody? a guy that didnt post much named wickss decided to declare he wouldnt drive his cab anymore and go pro. now he's realizing that poker is too hard and he's struggling? Does that sum it up?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope. Not at all.
Old 04-26-2007, 09:33 PM

Looks like wickss79 has listened to the advice that was given he is currently playing $0.10/$0.25 PLO. Looks like he is doing very well.
Old 04-26-2007, 09:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The reason alot of respected posters are getting annoyed with this thread is because it has turned into a big joke. And it is not anything constructive at all. I know you made another post for serious discussion but there should not be a need. Wickss does not need multiple posts about him.

It is annoying that he is doing little to improve himself. He said he has started watchign a couple of videos but he needs to do alot more than that if he wants to make poker a succssful profession. He has major leaks in Omaha and his SNGs. He needs to put more time into studying and improving then he does playing because he does not even have a big enough edge to make playing long hours worth it.

The guy is asking to go busto. He needs to read and study hand histories and post hands just like everyone else does to improve. If he wants to take this as a joke thing to do then fine but don't expect people to want to help a person who is taking everything for granted. He has been given a tremedous amount of free sh*t that could enhance his game tremendously as well as people offering advice.

2+2 is successful because it is a community about good and great players getting together to have constructive learning/discussion to improve each others games. And also having some good laughs. This thread was amusing for a while but its frustrating to see someone piss away such great oppurtunities. Enjoy your career choice wickss but don't be lazy because you have had success when you have obvious leaks that you are not plugging.

Cliffnotes: rant about wickss taking everything for granted and turning this forum into a joke.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have never detected any insincerity here at all. Lots of humor, but there's a difference. A big difference.

In any event, lighten up. He has been working on his game, and there has been an awful lot of hand histories posted, reviewed, and commented on here. Methinks that some folks aren't particularly happy with him getting rolled, free sngicons, etc., despite the fact that he is a micropro and undoubtedly has leaks. That's called "envy," and its a deadly sin. Even worse when one is envious of an unemployed taxi driver 9 tabling 6.50s for 10 hrs a day, and then putting in more time at omahaha to eek out the rent and pizza money.

Finally, this thread is in no way, shape, or form an affront to the integrity of two plus two. I kinda thought just the opposite, that it showed the best of this forum. It has developed into alot of de gratis help to a couple of amicable goofs from Kansas (no offense intended, guys) for no logical reason at all that I can detect.
In any event, the part that we do agree on is that wickss should do some studying.
Old 04-26-2007, 10:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The reason alot of respected posters are getting annoyed with this thread is because it has turned into a big joke. And it is not anything constructive at all. I know you made another post for serious discussion but there should not be a need. Wickss does not need multiple posts about him.

It is annoying that he is doing little to improve himself. He said he has started watchign a couple of videos but he needs to do alot more than that if he wants to make poker a succssful profession. He has major leaks in Omaha and his SNGs. He needs to put more time into studying and improving then he does playing because he does not even have a big enough edge to make playing long hours worth it.

The guy is asking to go busto. He needs to read and study hand histories and post hands just like everyone else does to improve. If he wants to take this as a joke thing to do then fine but don't expect people to want to help a person who is taking everything for granted. He has been given a tremedous amount of free sh*t that could enhance his game tremendously as well as people offering advice.

2+2 is successful because it is a community about good and great players getting together to have constructive learning/discussion to improve each others games. And also having some good laughs. This thread was amusing for a while but its frustrating to see someone piss away such great oppurtunities. Enjoy your career choice wickss but don't be lazy because you have had success when you have obvious leaks that you are not plugging.

Cliffnotes: rant about wickss taking everything for granted and turning this forum into a joke.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have never detected any insincerity here at all. Lots of humor, but there's a difference. A big difference.

In any event, lighten up. He has been working on his game, and there has been an awful lot of hand histories posted, reviewed, and commented on here. Methinks that some folks aren't particularly happy with him getting rolled, free sngicons, etc., despite the fact that he is a micropro and undoubtedly has leaks. That's called "envy," and its a deadly sin. Even worse when one is envious of an unemployed taxi driver 9 tabling 6.50s for 10 hrs a day, and then putting in more time at omahaha to eek out the rent and pizza money.

Finally, this thread is in no way, shape, or form an affront to the integrity of two plus two. I kinda thought just the opposite, that it showed the best of this forum. It has developed into alot of de gratis help to a couple of amicable goofs from Kansas (no offense intended, guys) for no logical reason at all that I can detect.
In any event, the part that we do agree on is that wickss should do some studying.

[/ QUOTE ]

This isn't the first thread where someone announced they were quitting their job, college, mmorpg to go pro at STT's. Check the archives, you will find plenty. This just happens to be the first one in awhile, and Wicks has a friend (MJ/DK) who decided to help promote/tease/share the comedy with the forum. I am sure it will all explode one day when wicks hits the bigtime and is found in a Vegas suite OD'd on hookers and blow. I can't wait [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Closed Thread