Old 10-17-2007, 01:01 PM

Default Re: ALCS - Indians vs Red Sox

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Boston fans,

Do you have any idea how much whining you are doing in this series?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's the playoffs, everyone whines when their team plays ridiculously far below their capabilities.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT...and I know I didn't just hear a Yankees fan say somethin. All season you guys were posting "zomg we run sooo baaaddddd" even into the playoffs.

[/ QUOTE ]

wait... did you just QFT your own post?

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah it's pretty pathetic [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 10-17-2007, 01:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you're going to say that underperforming=sucking then I guess your Yankees sucked pretty much all year, despite all this hype as the "best team in baseball".

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, the Yankees underperformed (i.e., sucked) for much of the first half of the season AND in the ALDS. How many posts from Sox fans in this thread talk about the Red Sox sucking? Jeez -- you are great at finding issues where there are none. The Red Sox have not played well this series. Is that open to debate?

Best team in Baseball this year? I never said that about the Yankees... For most of the season, the consensus gave that award to the team that is losing 3-1 in the ALCS...
Old 10-17-2007, 01:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
cmon the ump has been terrible both ways and you know it

[/ QUOTE ]

not in game 4 he wasn't... this often happens to wakefield so it's not like it's unique, but byrd had a freakin bowling alley down there
Old 10-17-2007, 01:05 PM

I agree that a few Sox fans have whined in this thread but it's kind of pathetic for Yankee fans to call them out on it. But I guess I can understand that they need to do something to ease their pain.
Old 10-17-2007, 01:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

And the pathetic whining that is ridiculous is not about the Red Sox's underperforming (i.e., sucking) -- that is certainly acceptable to me -- it is about the Indians winning because they are "lucky." Gimme a break.

[/ QUOTE ]

the indians aren't just winning because they're running good. and i'm not one of those people who thinks timely hitting as all a matter of luck / running good either. they're also winning because the umps are giving them like 30 inches of strike zone and their stupid fair-weather fans are waving [censored] towels right in the red sox field of vision during every at-bat. and because our manager is shooting us in the foot by being a chicken [censored] [censored] sucking coward.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, you are preaching to the choir with the towel waiving fans. I was at the Jake for the bug game and the towels were far more annoying to me than any bugs (but I caught a taste of one of those bugs as well). Based on those around me, the Indians fans were far less knowledgable (and more fair-weathered) than their brothers in New York and Boston.

The umps (particularly the umpire in game 3) have been inconsistent for both teams from what I saw -- but I certainly haven't been watching as closely this series.

[ QUOTE ]
but their bullpen has been lights [censored] out for the most part and their hitters are coming through. i like the indians, this series is basically just tilting me due to the ridiculous variance involved in all playoffs and my team coming out on the short end. that and the umps.

[/ QUOTE ]

Variance is a bitch. For the Yankees, it came down to Wang not being right, bugs and the bats taking the weekend off... that is play-offs baseball.
Old 10-17-2007, 01:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you're going to say that underperforming=sucking then I guess your Yankees sucked pretty much all year, despite all this hype as the "best team in baseball".

[/ QUOTE ]

didn't the yankees have the best record in baseball from june on? or was it may?

[/ QUOTE ]

Almost. I think Colorado beat them with their surge in September... I could be wrong.
Old 10-17-2007, 01:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

didn't the yankees have the best record in baseball from june on? or was it may?

[/ QUOTE ]

After ASB at least. But I was illustrating a point. From day one going forward they were called the best team in baseball. They didn't finish as the best team in baseball, therefore they underformed. According to TM's view they sucked
Old 10-17-2007, 01:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I agree that a few Sox fans have whined in this thread but it's kind of pathetic for Yankee fans to call them out on it. But I guess I can understand that they need to do something to ease their pain.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pathetic is my middle name... and smiling as the Sox collapse does ease some of the pain... thanks for understanding.
Old 10-17-2007, 01:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Boston fans,

Do you have any idea how much whining you are doing in this series?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's the playoffs, everyone whines when their team plays ridiculously far below their capabilities.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT...and I know I didn't just hear a Yankees fan say somethin. All season you guys were posting "zomg we run sooo baaaddddd" even into the playoffs.

[/ QUOTE ]

wait... did you just QFT your own post?

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah it's pretty pathetic [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Jesus christ it was a joke. Read the entire thread