Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Puzzles and Other Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-23-2007, 02:25 PM

Default Re: LOTR: Return of the King (GAME THREAD)

[ QUOTE ]

Nez : He hasnt been playing like how I would expect villager nez to play. Not particularly wolfy, but not nearly as villagery as I would think. That's why I wanted to hold off on saying what I thought about him.
He's managed to make some good, well thought out posts...yet ends up voting zurvan? and now mark?

There seems to be a distinct disconnect between the helpfulness of his posts, and the accuracy of his votes. Which is exactly the result of wolf information that I'm clearing mark on.

As of now, I'll probably vote nez or my nich/herbie choice today.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Zurvan vote looks horrible, but it looks less horrible if Clown hadn't happened to be the rider. I was trying not to waste my vote.

Hint hint.
Old 04-23-2007, 02:27 PM

I'm starting to feel like 90% sure that if we go Mark>hit the wolf aragorn>FMXDA>Stephen that we win the game.

Just throwing this out there.
Old 04-23-2007, 02:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I have to actually work some this afternoon but I will be back to summarize later - if you guys lynch me before Nich after today then the village probably deserves to lose.

[/ QUOTE ]

Give me a break. Nich has put together decent arguments too Herbie, we don't have the inside info like you man?

We're trying to figure this stuff out, but all we have to go by what reads we have.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm sorry - I do understand it is just frustrating. Especially after the way TTT ended I don't want to be the lynch that costs the village the game.
Old 04-23-2007, 02:32 PM

summary of arguments:

i argue that aaron dying n2 = 2x more likely herbie is wolf than i am

herbie argues that aaron dying n2 = 100% that he's cleared as he 'obviously' noticed that skoob was sam/frodo

i argue that none of the wolves noticed that skoob was sam/frodo since skoob didn't die n2

he retorts that this means i must be wolf since he noticed skoob was sam/frodo

he's saying that unless he's drunk, he 100% notices the skoob thing but that NONE of the wolves (me/clown/books/2 others) noticed the skoob thing that was so obvious to him...so skoob being frodo/sam was so obvious, yet at least 3 strong players all missed it...but herbie is good enough to be 100% on not missing it...
Old 04-23-2007, 02:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Nez : He hasnt been playing like how I would expect villager nez to play. Not particularly wolfy, but not nearly as villagery as I would think. That's why I wanted to hold off on saying what I thought about him.
He's managed to make some good, well thought out posts...yet ends up voting zurvan? and now mark?

There seems to be a distinct disconnect between the helpfulness of his posts, and the accuracy of his votes. Which is exactly the result of wolf information that I'm clearing mark on.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Zurvan vote looks horrible, but it looks less horrible if Clown hadn't happened to be the rider. I was trying not to waste my vote.

Hint hint.

[/ QUOTE ]

You were trying to keep the #1-#2 wagons close enough so we knew if #1 turned out to be the rider?
Old 04-23-2007, 02:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Especially after the way TTT ended I don't want to be the lynch that costs my team the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

qft
Old 04-23-2007, 02:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hint hint.

[/ QUOTE ]

You were trying to keep the #1-#2 wagons close enough so we knew if #1 turned out to be the rider?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm guessing he's claiming Eowyn.
Although if that's the case, he's better of just clearly stating it.
Old 04-23-2007, 02:37 PM

Well at least Nich has now decided to do something more productive and attempt to twist everything I say instead of trying to continue a productive argument that is making it very clear who is really Aragorn. I actually think this is a good strategic adjustment on his part since his "well that's obviously what happened because I know I'm not a wolf" argument just isn't all that strong.
Old 04-23-2007, 02:37 PM

btw, if i did somehow convince the wolves to take a 50% shot at having 2 days of no nightkills, then it was to get myself alive until must-lynch

yet i'm trying to have village decide between the 2 of us today, before must lynch...that goes strongly against my reason for convincing wolves to take that 50% risk which would really hurt the wolves

also, why would i trade myself for a villager? u know if i'm faking real aragorn doesn't come right out...by time aragorn is known it's either because he's useless or he's claiming to save himself...so comes out at same point in time

so wolves gain NOTHING by my claim if i'm a wolf...

i only had 5 votes on me...it's not like it was 10 mins till night...it was like 4pm and i had 5 votes and u think i'm claiming like that when it'll cost us a wolf? when one of the wolves was already an auto-die as soon as sauron dies?

give me more credit than that
Old 04-23-2007, 02:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yet i'm trying to have village decide between the 2 of us today, before must lynch...

[/ QUOTE ]
Really - I forgot it was you who was arguing for that and not me - funny