Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Puzzles and Other Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-23-2007, 02:02 PM

Default Re: LOTR: Return of the King (GAME THREAD)

u had already been on richc before that, herbie

u went rich to put him ahead of mark for 2nd wagon...then vr came in and went skoob, putting him above mark and u then switched to skoob in order to get wagons even further from mark...clown then joined in on skoob to further put him above mark

gt then said don't vote skoob, so luckay said richc wagon...people started switching off of skoob, pushing him back closer to mark...aaron/fmx jumped on richc...then dustin...then u jumped on richc, whom u had already been on before...then clown also jumped on

however, u/clown's votes didn't even count

so what happened is u were on richc earlier on...then skoob picked up and u jumped on skoob in order to separate 1/2 wagons from markmobile...clown joined in on this....then after gt said don't vote skoob, people jumped off skoob and u tried to jump onto the next wagon, richc...

nothing in that said that u realized skoob was sam/frodo
Old 04-23-2007, 02:04 PM

u can't just keep posting lies as facts, herbie

u kill aaron n2 because u know my role so u block me and kill gandalf so that way the rest of that game you get TWO shots at seer each night...one kill and one roleblock so no peek...

if ANY wolves noticed that skoob was frodo/sam, then skoob woulda died n2...that ANY includes me and u...thus no wolves noticed it...

u can say u noticed it until u are blue in the face, but u didn't notice it, or u woulda killed skoob
Old 04-23-2007, 02:07 PM

and u can't seriously be banking on the following argument:

nich had them go after aaron for 2nd straight night, which would mean the following scenario if missed coinflip:

scenario: 2 nights of no nightkill (BAD for wolves) AND nich looks even worse, so 1 of the wolves is exposed and dies early on

or if we hit the coinflip, the scenario:

nich looks better until the real aragorn dies, which has to happen sooner or later, so nich can't make it to endgame anyway, so he's expendable, but woot for us getting him looking clear for another few days while he hardly posts

yeah, the 50% of the time that scenario 2 happens is definitely worth the 50% of the time that scenario 1 happens....
Old 04-23-2007, 02:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]

u had already been on richc before that, herbie

u went rich to put him ahead of mark for 2nd wagon...then vr came in and went skoob, putting him above mark and u then switched to skoob in order to get wagons even further from mark...clown then joined in on skoob to further put him above mark

gt then said don't vote skoob, so luckay said richc wagon...people started switching off of skoob, pushing him back closer to mark...aaron/fmx jumped on richc...then dustin...then u jumped on richc, whom u had already been on before...then clown also jumped on

however, u/clown's votes didn't even count

so what happened is u were on richc earlier on...then skoob picked up and u jumped on skoob in order to separate 1/2 wagons from markmobile...clown joined in on this....then after gt said don't vote skoob, people jumped off skoob and u tried to jump onto the next wagon, richc...

nothing in that said that u realized skoob was sam/frodo

[/ QUOTE ]
You've got to be kidding - Mark wasn't anywhere near being lynched that day. In the last 15 minutes of the day it was pretty clearly between 3 people - Luckay (Theoden), Skoob (Sam), and Rich (villager). I didn't want to lynch Luckay because there wasn't any reason to think he would pull that kind of insanity as a wolf so I was voting Skoob to try to save Luckay. Then GT1T comes in and "clears" Skoob so once I figure out what was going on I try to switch to Rich. Unlike Clown my vote was the very first vote after the timestamp switched - I believe I missed the cutoff by mere seconds. I had every reason to think my vote would count and I knew that we couldn't lynch Skoob after GT1T cleared him because there is only one possible reason GT1T would clear someone like that - if he was Frodo/Sam. Seriously does anyone other than Nich who has played with me before believe that I didn't realize Skoob had to be either Frodo or Sam? Why else would I try to switch my vote from Skoob based on Gollums "read"?
Old 04-23-2007, 02:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
bram - Picks on clown's post - but then votes chuckles?!? That was kind of an odd post. Pretty much all game he has only been picking on clown and chuck. I think he was hoping for a day to get a villager lynched under clown, and it happened. Clown was a "safe" wolf to go after, wolf-on-wolf, with the -2 vote power, and bram hasn't done anything but go after clown and chuck.
Verdict: Wolfy

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm guessing this is the post you're talking about.
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
WHY is it so hard to get a wagon on Herbie or RichC???

I like how we are discussing the villageriness/wolfiness of people like Nez, VR, me etc.

Why do I not see much about them? And I might add that we should listen to Dustin's last words since he was a confirmed as well as a good player.

[/ QUOTE ]
fmxda classic wolf slip of "he was a confirmed villager". Holla how did you know?

[/ QUOTE ]

classic wolf syntax nit picking post

clowntable and chuckles are wolves
I'll likely only vote for either of them today

[/ QUOTE ]

Those were my two best reads, and I was only going to vote for one of those two.
Clown had 0 votes, and chuckles had 2 votes (ironically, herbie and nich)
By voting for chuckles I was going for the wolf that had the best chance of being lynched.

Interestingly enough, this post by eskimo, was in direct response to my post

[ QUOTE ]
AIYAHH clowntable

NEVER VOTE CHUCKLES EVER!

[/ QUOTE ]

That, combined with knowing that a wolf (herbie or nich) was early on the chuckles wagon gives me enough pause to give him a pass for today.

But I still dont believe eskimo peeked him as a villager.
Old 04-23-2007, 02:14 PM

well u didn't kill skoob n2, so u must not have noticed it...that's all there is to it

the wagons were luckay 1st, then mark/rich/skoob 2nd...u voted rich to make him #2...then vr voted skoob to make him tied for #2, so u went skoob to make him def #2 and make mark no longer a top lynch candidate...so u are right "mark wasn't anywhere near being lynched that day" because u/clown were bandwagoning together on 'anyone but mark' to make a 2nd wagon not include mark

when everyone dropped off of skoob, u did to, onto the other candidate, richc...as did clown...tho u both did it after NIGHT fell...
Old 04-23-2007, 02:18 PM

I have to actually work some this afternoon but I will be back to summarize later - if you guys lynch me before Nich after today then the village probably deserves to lose.
Old 04-23-2007, 02:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm going to agree with Stephen and vote Mark today.

He's a wolf. I said it early on, he has been posting the hell out of this thread and deflecting pressure, but he needs to die eventually and Stephen is making good points about Herbie/Nich.

If one of the two go today I'd vote for Herbie, and I'd switch to do it too. But just wanted to let the village know that Mark needs to go today. I cannot see any wolf team without him.

[/ QUOTE ]

I said I was holding off a day on giving my nez and mark reads...well better late than never

mark : As I've said, he's been very loud while being VERY wrong. That's a pretty sophisticated tactic for a new wolf to try and talk his way out of. Especially if he's a powerful wolf. People usually equate being wrong, with being wolfy. But wolves have enough information to be wrong or right when it suits them.
Whereas villagers, like mark can be wrong all the time and not know it [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Nez : He hasnt been playing like how I would expect villager nez to play. Not particularly wolfy, but not nearly as villagery as I would think. That's why I wanted to hold off on saying what I thought about him.
He's managed to make some good, well thought out posts...yet ends up voting zurvan? and now mark?

There seems to be a distinct disconnect between the helpfulness of his posts, and the accuracy of his votes. Which is exactly the result of wolf information that I'm clearing mark on.

As of now, I'll probably vote nez or my nich/herbie choice today.
Old 04-23-2007, 02:21 PM

[ 1 ] chuckleslovakian voted for Stephen H
[ 0 ] FCBLComish voted for HerbieGRD
[ 0 ] fmxda
[ 0 ] FortFun
[ 4 ] HerbieGRD
[ 0 ] Jack Bando voted for HerbieGRD
[ 0 ] Jeremy517
[ 2 ] Mark_K voted for HerbieGRD
[ 0 ] Nez477 voted for Mark_K
[ 0 ] Nicholasp27 voted for HerbieGRD
[ 1 ] Stephen H voted for Mark_K
[ 0 ] Thebram voted for chuckleslovakian
[ 0 ] wdcbooks
Old 04-23-2007, 02:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have to actually work some this afternoon but I will be back to summarize later - if you guys lynch me before Nich after today then the village probably deserves to lose.

[/ QUOTE ]

Give me a break. Nich has put together decent arguments too Herbie, we don't have the inside info like you man?

We're trying to figure this stuff out, but all we have to go by what reads we have.