Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2007, 06:51 AM

Default Re: ** Official August Chat Thread: The White Swan **

Okey seriously, Partypoker just gave me an heartattack. I logged in on their website to see how much partypoints I earned yesterday, and my account was at (not really those numbers but the same format): $1,11,11 USD. It should be 10x that. I started to fear that I lost 90% of my BR but I logged in on the client and there my balance was OK.

After a while it dawned on me that on my balancepage they have skipped the cents and put commas in really wierd places. In the client it says: $11,111,11, wich is a pretty good format IMO.

So it's all good. That woke me up atleast.
Old 08-17-2007, 07:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm sure most players were when they first started. I play a ton, I review my play a ton, I've read all the books, and quite frankly I'm a smart dude. Nonetheless after all this time I struggle to breakeven at pathetically low levels against huge donks. There's only so long you can go before you just have to be honest with yourself that it's just not your thing.

I've been a lifelong athlete. I lettered in 3 different sports in college, so it's almost impossible for me to ever quit anything, but the amount of effort I've put into this compared to what I've gotten out is just sick. Clearly it's gone horribly wrong somewhere and I can't seem to fix it. Don't know what else to do.

[/ QUOTE ]

Steelerman, PM sent.
Old 08-17-2007, 08:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm sure most players were when they first started. I play a ton, I review my play a ton, I've read all the books, and quite frankly I'm a smart dude. Nonetheless after all this time I struggle to breakeven at pathetically low levels against huge donks. There's only so long you can go before you just have to be honest with yourself that it's just not your thing.

I've been a lifelong athlete. I lettered in 3 different sports in college, so it's almost impossible for me to ever quit anything, but the amount of effort I've put into this compared to what I've gotten out is just sick. Clearly it's gone horribly wrong somewhere and I can't seem to fix it. Don't know what else to do.

[/ QUOTE ]

Could be your time of day. I can do 20BB/100 at some times of day, and be a slow loser at others.
Old 08-17-2007, 09:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Could be your time of day. I can do 20BB/100 at some times of day, and be a slow loser at others.

[/ QUOTE ]

Van Broke's vids have been the best thing for my game, you definitely need to watch all of them.
Old 08-17-2007, 10:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Prob need a coach or someone who'll review your HH's. It may be something as simple as a few adjustments to prevent major leaks.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont think a 10nl player can afford a coach.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. I play 25NL and a bit of 50NL (never played 10NL) and I could play as high as I want to from a financial standpoint. Money is not the issue at all. That's the most frustrating thing. I had plans of moving up the ladder and playing where the money actually means something but haven't been able to even beat 25NL at a rate that shows I deserve to move up.
Old 08-17-2007, 10:29 AM

I am completely convinced that you can win money at 25NL on stars with one move. Raise from the CO or the button and 80%CB. If you fold every single time you get played back at you will win money.
Old 08-17-2007, 10:40 AM

Yeah! How do you like it for once? Ship that suckout!

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.50/$1 Blinds - 8 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $99.00
BB: $195.40
UTG: $82.85
UTG+1: $23.00
MP1: $100.00
MP2: $110.80
Hero (CO): $184.05
BTN: $99.05

Preflop: Hero is dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (8 Players)
2 folds, <font color="red">MP1 raises to $4.00</font>, MP2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $14.00</font>, 3 folds, MP1 calls $10.00

Flop: ($29.50) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
MP1 checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $20.00</font>, <font color="red">MP1 raises to $40.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises all-in to $170.05</font>, MP1 calls all-in for $46.00
Uncalled bet of $84.05 returned to Hero

Turn: ($201.50) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players - 2 All-In)

River: ($201.50) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players - 2 All-In)

Pot Size: $201.50 ($3 Rake)

MP1 had 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (three of a kind, Sevens) and LOST (-$100.00)
Hero had A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (a straight, Ace to Five) and WON (+$98.50)
Old 08-17-2007, 10:49 AM

better than digging ditches.
Old 08-17-2007, 11:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Yeah it could have been much much much worse. Looks like St. Lucia/Gudaluope/Martinique are gonna get raped though.

Besides my own selfish reasons I'm glad its not hitting here because St. Kitts got pretty banged up in '98 when Georges rolled through. It f-ed up their economy pretty hard and they are still recovering now 9 years later.

Winds are picking up as I speak...pretty cool [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Whew! Good news! We were getting ready to send Jeff Probst down there...
Old 08-17-2007, 01:31 PM

i love running bad and playing like a complete donkey to make matters 10x better
Closed Thread