Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Who is in the more wrong here?
Anacardo mega wrong 3 2.31%
Anacardo semi wrong 6 4.62%
meh, can't tell 31 23.85%
Kitty semi wrong 40 30.77%
kitty mega wrong. 50 38.46%
Voters: 130. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2007, 03:45 PM

Default Re: Today I became a pro.

I started a new thread before I read about wickss poll. Read my introductory remarks in the new thread. Take them seriously. Continue with the shenanigans here. Thank you very much.
Old 04-26-2007, 03:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
it is a good idea to start a "Wickss Part Deux" thread...

[/ QUOTE ]
Seconded.

[/ QUOTE ]
3rd

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I don't know why the other mods have not locked this thread and created another one. But, myself, I just don't understand what the a new thread accomplishes? I dunno, it's not like you have to read all the previous posts to catch up on the new posts every time you open the thread do you? If there is a new thread, it'll just be a different link to click on to find the same content.

But alas, it has been suggested often enough that maybe it is time to start a new thread. But, I don't think separating actual advice with the OT posts will work. Who's job is it to ensure that people are posting in the right thread?

So, what I suggest is that on Sunday, leading up to Wicks foray into the Sunday Million, MJ can start a new thread and I (or some other mod cause I'm usually too hungover to be of any use on sundays) can lock this one.

The Sunday Million seems like a good milestone to start a new thread, and it's only appropriate that Wickss PR guy opens the new thread.

Thoughts?
Old 04-26-2007, 03:49 PM

Well, I guess you can forget my post, as MJ went about making a new thread as I was typing it.

Anyway, if there is any overlay between the two threads, don't be surprised if one gets locked.
Old 04-26-2007, 03:52 PM

WTF? Is this serious? Two threads devoted to one player? I've had as much fun with this thread as the next guy, but this is a little ridiculous. Isn't the entire forum supposed be "Legitimate Help" for whoever wants it?
Old 04-26-2007, 03:55 PM

Devin,

I agree with you when you say you aren't sure what a new thread accomplishes. That is why I have held back on pulling the trigger until now. Also, it seems helpful for those who want to understand the context from start to finish to be able to read all in one place.

I started the new thread because there is enough of an outcry for serious poker conversation without it being diluted by comedy central. I dunno, I guess we can see how this goes. I just didn't see alot of value in starting a new thread that would again combine the serious with the not serious. That is why I withheld until now.
Old 04-26-2007, 04:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
WTF? Is this serious? Two threads devoted to one player? I've had as much fun with this thread as the next guy, but this is a little ridiculous. Isn't the entire forum supposed be "Legitimate Help" for whoever wants it?

[/ QUOTE ]Ever heard of a guy named ZeeJustin? He has 2983298359 threads devoted to him. 2 is a drop in the bucket.
Old 04-26-2007, 04:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I was being facetios. Whatever, not my forum to mod.
Old 04-26-2007, 04:06 PM

I think we should probably start a third thread in the PLO forum so we can keep all that discussion in the right place too. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 04-26-2007, 04:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]Ever heard of a guy named ZeeJustin? He has 2983298359 threads devoted to him. 2 is a drop in the bucket.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uhhh...

1) Justin contributed tons to this and other forums and was a longtime member of 2p2.
2) The threads about him were germane to all tournament players, and internet poker in general.

Wicks seems like a good guy, so I'm doing my best to word this the right way...that comparison is just retarded.
Old 04-26-2007, 04:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think we should probably start a third thread in the PLO forum so we can keep all that discussion in the right place too. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]I don't know if anyone knows me over there.
Closed Thread