Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What is your ptbb/100?
<3 6 12.77%
3-4 10 21.28%
4-5 7 14.89%
5-6 9 19.15%
7-9 13 27.66%
>10 2 4.26%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2007, 02:11 PM

Default Re: *** Official October Chat Thread: The Purple Goose ***

[ QUOTE ]
I just bubbled ANOTHER [censored] qualifier, 3rd when top 2 pay and I was chip leader with 3 left. This is seriously the most frustrating thing ever.

What do people think is more +EV, steps or sats to 650 qualifiers?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll let you know after tonight. I bought into 6 Step 1s Sunday and worked my way up to 1 level 5 Step. Probably going to play it tonight. If I don't win this though I think I'll just buy-in direct to the $650's. I don't think sat's to the $650's are worth it if your playing NL400 and above. Your win rate in cash games is worth more than the time spent in the qualifiers.
Old 10-22-2007, 02:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just bubbled ANOTHER [censored] qualifier, 3rd when top 2 pay and I was chip leader with 3 left. This is seriously the most frustrating thing ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sats involving the 650s are more +EV imo. When you get to step 4 and higher, the sharks will be out.

A lot of players who donk around in the smaller sats really don't know what they are doing.

GM, check out a post in the MTT anthology on here writen by adanthar related to satellite strategy.

Here and here
Old 10-22-2007, 03:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sats involving the 650s are more +EV imo. When you get to step 4 and higher, the sharks will be out.

A lot of players who donk around in the smaller sats really don't know what they are doing.

GM, check out a post in the MTT anthology on here writen by adanthar related to satellite strategy.

Here and here

[/ QUOTE ]

ahh ty ty was just about to ask if something like this was floating around
Old 10-22-2007, 03:23 PM

Poker Stars, $2/$4 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 8 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

CO: $578.80
Hero (BTN): $550.05
SB: $411.50
BB: $473
UTG: $418.10
UTG+1: $493.55
MP1: $426.10
MP2: $372.65

Pre-Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BTN)
2 folds, <font color="red">MP1 raises to $16</font>, MP2 folds, CO calls $16, Hero calls $16, 2 folds

Flop: ($54) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (3 Players)
<font color="red">MP1 bets $32</font>, CO folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $118</font>, <font color="red">MP1 raises to $410.10 and is All-In</font>, Hero calls $292.10

Turn: ($874.20) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 is All-In)

River: ($874.20) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 is All-In)

Results: $874.20 Pot ($3 Rake)
Hero mucked Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and LOST (-$426.10 NET)
MP1 showed A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (a flush, Ace high) and WON $871.20 (+$445.10 NET)
Old 10-22-2007, 04:30 PM

sweet, due to some bonus $ [censored] i can't withdraw from titan poker. pos site.
Old 10-22-2007, 04:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Here and here

[/ QUOTE ]

These are good, but also relatively basic (imo). I was proud of myself yesterday for open folding KK in the SB yesterday in a sat. The key point to take away from this is to keep shoving with big stacks behind you if you are a middle stack (and they're any good). If its like a $11r to the $650 or whatever then the donks with big stacks will call with AJ and stuff. Don't be that guy. If you have a lot of chips near the bubble then fold everything quite literally. Also, stall. Its actually important in the sats that give away enough seats that there are more than 3 tables left near hand-for-hand play. Manipulating the blinds (particularly in turbos) and even across tables is pretty important too. Use your timebank wisely. Its your best friend (more so in the turbos that have average stacks at like 2-4 BB near the bubble). I hope I didn't just kill my EV in these things.
Old 10-22-2007, 04:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It really feels like walking a tight rope when you are doing it right. You can almost play it completely blind... Supposedly Annette 15 did win one of those 180 player SNG's playing blind. I believe it's very possible.

In 9 player SNG's, I felt like 50-100 was the round to start opening up my game, in 18+ I felt like 75-150 was the round to start opening up.

The reason I think GM would own is because he is so good at getting people to hand him stacks in cash.

CDL does this strategy well, raising about 2.5 times the big blind as a steal, atleast I thought he was doing a good job in the The Main's Full Ring Challenge Main Event

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks. I'm pretty sure 3x is excessive in many sng and tournament spots, but thats only me learning from experience and picking up on tendencies from watching others play. I never really read the MTT or SNG strat so I don't really know "proper" strategy or whatever you want to call it. Basically, I think raising the least you can to take down the blinds is the goal since you will never really have any problems getting it AI if you want to given that by level 3 the average stack is 30 BB (if everyone is still in) and even with a minraise you can just 3/4 pot 3 streets and get that AI if you want. Just learn to manipulate pots (more by betsizing rather than checking which is the way we do it in cash games most of the time).
Old 10-22-2007, 05:22 PM

Question for those of you who stomped on/are stomping on FT NL100 on your way to greener pastures: What should my long-term winrate be? Realistically, what's the ceiling there? Assume a TAG-style game.
Old 10-22-2007, 05:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Dear NL100 players on stars, please stop talking about stats, PT, winrates, and play styles at the tables. Also, please stop hating on Upay4college, just cause you can't handle my awesomeness. That is all.

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't hated on you. But I do want you to quit sitting to my left and 3 betting me though. I am starting to get a complex, so stop picking on me! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-22-2007, 06:06 PM

yay snuck into a 650 as a shortstack
Closed Thread