Voters: 236. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 05:35 PM

Default Re: Official October Thread: General Discussion

[ QUOTE ]
That's just not a good call sorry.

[/ QUOTE ]

but i was right? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I actually rebought for full stack and was going to fold then I thought it through more and thought that only hands he could do this with were Qx's, and more specifically QJ/KQ/AQ, neither of which I think would make a small pf re-raise, as he hadn't done that yet. Everything had been 3-4x 3bts...so pf I dont think he has an AQ/AK/KQ type hand...and the same goes for medium pocket pairs.

As I was debating what to do though, I was thinking if he thought I myself was on a weakish hand, or just plain missed a draw, so in his mind then the only thing he can do is to shove to push me off...he def check/calls with probably 8x and most likely 99+ if he checks riv n i bet, so really on the riv I only think I'm looking at QQ/ or boat ranges...and as he had been playing I really didn't think he'd play QQ+ like that pf, and def. didn't seem like the player to be able to value bet that sickly on the riv and expect a call from me.

He had been playing fairly careful, so I really thought this was one of those total air, or OMGIHAVEQUADS i'm all in type spots.

--

meh, just posted cause I much more comfy thinking on this level in smaller games I usually play, but w/e. HU is crazy. I've made worse calls and been right, worse calls and been wrong...I was pretty confident tho after thinking this thru that I needed to call the bet.
Old 10-17-2007, 05:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
That's just not a good call sorry.

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed, and the villain played his hand well tbh

[/ QUOTE ]

I totally agree. I think he played if perfect, except for pf...and I mean, I def. know he was on a level with me here...but I read it, and I made the tough call I guess. I really do think though that he played this hand vwell, I just saw through it and made my decision.
Old 10-17-2007, 05:41 PM

def not a good call
Old 10-17-2007, 05:44 PM

well, i have to go to class.

i personally don't think you can put hu play in a vacuum like that, "good call/bad call" "good fold/bad fold", but maybe that's cause I'm either a donk, or have played too much HU that I over think HU situations. I don't know.

I'm happy though, with the thinking behind the call, and I tried to explain my reasoning...otherwise..it was just a HH that was somewhat not standard. later
Old 10-17-2007, 05:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]

BB showed Ts Js

[/ QUOTE ]

looks like a good call to me
Old 10-17-2007, 05:51 PM

this was a bad call...and the reasoning behind was because i was pissed (was on a sunday) and tilting...and I said F it, I'm calling cause I want to light money on fire...one of those tuff_fish moments.

in other words, i didn't think anything thru. I'm sure some of you have done this...when you are tilting, or whatever...just calling knowing you are behind but still do it anyways...sigh, whatever.

anyway, now I really do have to go..but this is pretty funny.

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $2/$4
2 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
Hero: $621
BB: $832

Pre-flop: (2 players) Hero is SB with 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $12</font>, <font color="#cc0000">BB raises to $36</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($72, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">BB bets $55</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $165</font>, <font color="#cc0000">BB raises all-in $796</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero calls all-in $420</font>.
Uncalled bets: $211 returned to BB.

Turn: 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($1242, 0 player + 2 all-in - Main pot: $1242)

River: 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($1242, 0 player + 2 all-in - Main pot: $1242)

Results:
Final pot: $1242
<font color="#ffffff">Hero showed 4h 4d</font>
<font color="#ffffff">BB showed Ks Kh</font>
Old 10-17-2007, 05:53 PM

but the flop raise is much worse than the call
Old 10-17-2007, 05:54 PM

I would say most of us haven't had a coach.
But I know that myself and most of my poker friends have sweated each other over many a session.
Old 10-17-2007, 05:55 PM

FWIW i'm with bobbo on the $750 thing, that seems quite reasonable. especially if he's willing to answer personal questions about it via AIM. Its not like yall can't afford it, anyhow.

As for the people inquiring about the top msnl/hsnl players having received coaching, I think many of the 'best' players haven't gotten formal coaching, but most of the 'good' ones have. Not to lump myself in the "best" category by any means, but I haven't ever gotten coaching (except in Razz. I'd highly recommend Doctor Razz if any of you are interested in learning that game [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. I certainly am not opposed to it, obviously, I've just never found myself in a situation where I felt like I needed it.
Old 10-17-2007, 05:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
but the flop raise is much worse than the call

[/ QUOTE ]

werd. the only thing i didn't screw up was PF. lol. this was a few sundays ago...and I was on wicked wicked wicked mad tilt. 3k in &lt; 950 hands.

screw sundays and busting 4 tournaments in 15 minutes.
Closed Thread