Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2007, 05:51 PM

Default Re: NBA Power Rankings, EAST.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If the Heat acquire Ricky Davis and Blount will they have home-court advantage in the playoffs? I think they probably would.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously? These acquisitions would barely help them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Disagree in the strongest possible terms. Ricky Davis is a legit 2nd scoring option and a guy who can help a team in a lot of ways. I know the "locker room cancer" rumors about him, but I've got to think a Shaq-led locker room could deal with that. Ricky Davis >>> Antoine Walker. Ricky is more dynamic on both ends of the floor. Blount is grossly overpaid and also has the "locker room cancer" label, but he's a solid big man who'd add depth to Miami. Neither Simien nor Doleac is relevant.

Picking up Ricky Davis and Blount adds 2-4 wins to Miami imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think this is vry good trade for the heat ..antoine walker was horrible last yr , averaged 8 ppg ,and killed us by shooting 27% from 3's and 47 % percent from the FT line)

ricky davis in turn shot 39 percent from 3's last year , (and he's going to get a ton of open 3's now that he's playing for shaq)..almost 80% from the line ...

a big improvement IMO
Old 10-24-2007, 05:52 PM

The Heat rid themselves of AWalker...that makes it a good trade even if the only received a case of beer in return
Old 10-24-2007, 07:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]

i think this is vry good trade for the heat ..antoine walker was horrible last yr , averaged 8 ppg ,and killed us by shooting 27% from 3's and 47 % percent from the FT line)

[/ QUOTE ]
career high no?
Old 10-24-2007, 07:43 PM

tuq,
A couple things depending on the size of sports book sometimes there just isn't much action on NBA futures which skews the lines a lot. I made a bunch of bets on NFL futures on partybets because most of the people are Euro so there are certain teams which have pretty close to zero money on them, which really skew the line.
I bet $120 (the max allowed bet) on the Indians to win the ALCS at 6:1 and right after I bet the line moved to 4.5:1

For the Heat specifically look at there championship team. They are definitely a team who could massively under improve in the regular season due to injuries or over achieve in the regular season or playoffs if everyone tries.
Old 10-24-2007, 10:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Charlotte was a playoff team until Morrison went down.

[/ QUOTE ]

What? Morrison is crap, they will quickly forget him once Hermann and that other white guy take over his declining minutes.
Old 10-25-2007, 01:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Morrison's minutes ----> Richardson makes no sense. Richardson is playing 35+ regardless. The point is they have no depth at all. Losing May obviously hurt at least as much, but losing both for the entire season is brutal. I also think Morrison would have been a lot better than he was last year, but even if you don't you can't tell me they have anything close to a better sixth man. Matt Carroll, Derek Anderson are now 6 and 7.

[/ QUOTE ]

thats funny I thought they were one of hte deepest teams in the league
Old 10-25-2007, 01:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Here's a weird thing about the Heat: despite being projected to win only 44.5 games on the futures site I was just looking at, they're 9/2 to win the EC, which is the same odds they're providing for both Cleveland and Chicago (the Pistons and Celtics have better odds). Am I missing something here? Why would the Heat be given the same odds as the Bulls and Cavs?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because the Heat are more of a boom or bust team.

Plus Wade/Shaq will be hurt during regular season so they won't have a great record. But if both healhty, then they have a shot in the playoffs.
Old 10-25-2007, 08:01 PM

bet the under and for them to win the EAST... could take both
Old 10-25-2007, 08:02 PM

olb,

So you're saying they're going to win <44 games and represent the EC in the finals? Wow.
Old 10-25-2007, 10:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
MEB,

[/ QUOTE ]

colin,

$132 bet? I take that they finish better than 11.5, you take worse. If they somehow end up tied at 11th with another team (so the two teams are 11th and 12th) is the only way we push. Deal?

Anybody willing to offer 12.5?

[/ QUOTE ]

Alright, I'll open this bet up to anyone for a negotiable amount. The $132 was only due to significance between me and anyone in the fantasy league. Any takers?