Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2007, 04:01 PM

Default Re: FTP Regs Thread

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Interesting pic. Highest ptbb/100 = 4.88. Most people are under 2!

Wasn't there a huge discussion in the cheese thread a few days back saying "that it is super easy playing 6 ptbb/100 at 200NL. You can make $200,000 a year!" lol

[/ QUOTE ]

i was one of the posters saying this. i was using a ptbb/100 of 4 for the calculation, not 6. and i was assuming 8 tables.

this isn't doable for the vast majority of 1/2 tags. the reason this is the case is that the players for whom it is doable tend to move up to msnl (as they should). therefore, it's rare to see big samples of game crushing at 1/2.

[/ QUOTE ]

tannen, i would say less than .5% (maybe even less) of players can achieve a 4PTBB/100 win rate playing 8 tables.

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't doubt this, and clearly anyone who can do this shouldn't be at 1/2 for long. fwiw, i've done it for my last 60k hands or so but don't appear in your screenshots because i haven't really put hands in since june.

i think most solid msnl (2/4-3/6) winners can achieve this, but obviously they don't play 1/2 (they have no reason to).

carrotsnake, clayton and snowbank are the kind of players i was talking about when i made those cheese thread posts.
Old 08-15-2007, 04:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
err, I think 7-8 is very reasonable, its just kinda depressing to look at a ton of .5 ptbb winners :S

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd say that 7-8 is doable for the bets 5% or so of players. Very good players can probably exceed 5 and a good solid player will exceed 3.

BTW -- I have never seen anyone be able to refute this by posting something over 8 PTBB/100 over 300k or more hands. I'm not saying it's unpossible, but that anyone who does it is at the top of the pyramid.
Old 08-15-2007, 04:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
BTW -- I have never seen anyone be able to refute this by posting something over 8 PTBB/100 over 300k or more hands. I'm not saying it's unpossible, but that anyone who does it is at the top of the pyramid.

[/ QUOTE ]

why would anyone stay at 1/2 long enough to do this?? i understand that some people are pros and that a consistent, stress-free income is nice, but at some point you're giving up too much ev.
Old 08-15-2007, 04:06 PM

Oops, sorry for re-starting that topic. I didn't mean too.

I agree with what everyone is saying about it though

---------------------

OK, lets get back on topic. FT Regulars [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-15-2007, 04:07 PM

4_2it, all I mean is I think there should be a few people with decent size winrates, and those 2 screenshots show basically -everyone- as clumped together right in the middle. I feel like there should be a few people broken away from the pact.

and no, there probably are very few people with any samples of 7+ over a decent number of hands, but in this situation, we are looking at a short term sample, so some people should be running hotter than average and have a higher ptbb, its just unusual imo that there is no one like this.

Stars- someone said there were 10 people over 4 ptbb I think, and so I'm just very confused why there seems to not be the same spread at FT. One of the reasons may very well be what nielsio talked about earlier that the regs play much softer against each other on FT, so therefore the "top 5%" do not have as large of an edge whereas from the play I've seen/had at stars, the regs are absolute [censored] to each other and there is almost 0 soft playing, waiting for fish, which leads to higher short term winrates(edge is perhaps smaller overall, but with more inherent variance, short term will have larger swings).

<3
Old 08-15-2007, 04:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
jesus, those screenshots make me really sad nicky [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

What's your FTP SN Carrot?
Old 08-15-2007, 04:17 PM

I've barely every played 1/2 there, so I doubt it matters, but its Flamez13
Old 08-15-2007, 04:21 PM

Oops - guess I misread. I thought you said 'Those screen shots make me LOOK sad,' as if you were running bad in the shot. My bad.
Old 08-15-2007, 04:59 PM

need thoughts on the following players and their leaks

CS_sitz
Th3120ck
BB_Dont_cry
nickyballz
xiadow
Old 08-15-2007, 05:00 PM

tan,

I agree that most will not stay long enough to see what their long term win rate would be which is why some of us recreational players do manage to achieve a decent win rate over several hundred thousand hands.

Carrot,

I knew what you menat and wasn't attacking or trying to call you out. I'm pretty sure that we generally agree on this topic. I just didn't feel like dealing with another Freakdady 100PTBB/100 claim [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

BTW, I appreciate everyone not talking about my donkish play.
Closed Thread