Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-14-2007, 06:08 PM

Default Re: ** WSOP ME, $10,000 NLHE, Day 5, Sat., July 14 **

God, Gus, how do u stack off there??????????
Chopping at VERY best, drawing dead at worst.
Old 07-14-2007, 06:09 PM

re: jv... "2 million pot somehow he gets it in with Aks vs. Q9o and no luck"
Old 07-14-2007, 06:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Mr. Rain Slips

Steven Garfinkle raised to 72,000 from the button, Jeff "Mr. Rain" Banghart re-raised to 200,000 from the small blind, Garfinkle moved all in for 605,000 and Mr. Rain was forced to fold. That hand took Garfinkle's stack up to 900,000.

On the next hand, Banghart raised to 75,000 from the button and Kevin Farry called. The flop was {A-Hearts}{10-Hearts}{7-Diamonds}. Farry checked, Banghart bet 250,000, Farry moved all in and Banghart folded.

After these two hands, Banghart's stack was down to 1.85 million.

[/ QUOTE ]

This dude is so [censored] bad at playing short stacks.

[/ QUOTE ]
Lol resultsoriantatedments
Old 07-14-2007, 06:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Gus is such an amazing donkey.
Callin raises with A2o, then stacking off on AAQ board.
What the hell could he beat, a flush draw, that min 4bets the flop?
Come on....

It could be one of those "I'll represent an A and minreraise", so he might thought villain has air, but still, preflop + flop just look bad here...

[/ QUOTE ]

My god, this is horrible. Gus must run hotter than God, if the donk plays he's made this year are any indication.

[/ QUOTE ]

Preflop I agree

Postflop I personally wouldn't play this way but if villian has a weaker ace, say AT, it's hard for him to call. Gus was the aggressor pushing all his chips in. Don't remember who villian was, but maybe a weak-tight player who'll not risk his tournament life here. You guys are being too results oriented saying he cannot beat anything. I'm sure he knew that when moving in, his opponent would not call with KQ.
Old 07-14-2007, 06:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Come on....

It could be one of those "I'll represent an A and minreraise", so he might thought villain has air, but still, preflop + flop just look bad here...

[/ QUOTE ]

My god, this is horrible. Gus must run hotter than God, if the donk plays he's made this year are any indication.

[/ QUOTE ]

Preflop I agree

Postflop I personally wouldn't play this way but if villian has a weaker ace, say AT, it's hard for him to call. Gus was the aggressor pushing all his chips in. Don't remember who villian was, but maybe a weak-tight player who'll not risk his tournament life here. You guys are being too results oriented saying he cannot beat anything. I'm sure he knew that when moving in, his opponent would not call with KQ.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, check the action. There's absolutely no way he's folding anyone out there.
Old 07-14-2007, 06:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The Cost Per Round
In Dan Harrington's book "Harrington on Hold'em" he introduces readers to the concept of "M," which is just a fancy way of referring to what it costs a player in blinds and antes to play one orbit in a tournament.

[/ QUOTE ]

I never thought of the letter M as being that fancy.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Mr. Rain Slips

Steven Garfinkle raised to 72,000 from the button, Jeff "Mr. Rain" Banghart re-raised to 200,000 from the small blind, Garfinkle moved all in for 605,000 and Mr. Rain was forced to fold. That hand took Garfinkle's stack up to 900,000.

On the next hand, Banghart raised to 75,000 from the button and Kevin Farry called. The flop was {A-Hearts}{10-Hearts}{7-Diamonds}. Farry checked, Banghart bet 250,000, Farry moved all in and Banghart folded.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Lol resultsoriantatedments

[/ QUOTE ]

Explain?

[ QUOTE ]
Mr. Rain Slips

[/ QUOTE ]

I've actually debated this with him before, but he has some exotic ideas about tournament poker. It's tough to argue with his success though. He's final tabled the Sunday Million a few times, he's a damn good player.
Old 07-14-2007, 06:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Come on....

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Preflop I agree

[/ QUOTE ]

I want to know how his opponent folding KQ helps to make your point. So his move folds out every single worse hand and only better hands call, and that's a good thing. Apparently I've missed some stuff when learning about poker. I hope he put him on a flush draw, or was running a bluff trying to fold out a medium A (figuring he had a good chance to chop if they called,) because if that was a value push it was truly awful.
Old 07-14-2007, 06:19 PM

He has horrible leaks, and his explanations were awful. He could be a very good player, but his short stack knowledge is awful.