Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-30-2007, 09:47 AM

Default Re: Most overrated games ever

PC based game

AOE 2
Old 08-04-2007, 06:03 AM

I didn't really dig Half-Life 1 either but Half-Life 2 really grows on you. The AI is kinda dumb and those sand insects are annoying as [censored] but the economy of storytelling and the level of immersion are pretty unmatched IMO. they really have the quarter-interactive cutscene down to an art in a way that only the guys at Starbreeze have matched (remember the credit sequence in Chronicles of Riddick?). I do wish they'd used the physics engine for more environmental puzzley-type stuff.

I agree it was overrated for getting 95%-100% scores but I do think it deserved something in the high 80%s or low 90%s so I don't see it as one of the most overrated EVER.
Old 08-06-2007, 10:46 PM

Default Gears and Company of Heros

Xbox 360 - Gears of War. How can anyone seriously think that multiplayer is good.

PC - Company of Heros. The staff of PC Gamer must have all been bough blow jobs so they would name that crappy RTS the Game of the Year.
Old 08-06-2007, 11:27 PM

Default Re: Gears and Company of Heros

its a little early, but Super Paper Mario for the Wii
Old 08-07-2007, 12:09 AM

Gears of War... Short and unfulfilling campaign, completely broken multiplayer (at least when it came out).
Old 08-07-2007, 01:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Xbox 360 - Gears of War. How can anyone seriously think that multiplayer is good.

PC - Company of Heros. The staff of PC Gamer must have all been bough blow jobs so they would name that crappy RTS the Game of the Year.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a very fun game, to me. The graphics are tremendous and the gameplay is fun. Calling it a crappy RTS goes beyond it being just a matter of taste; that's just flat out incorrect.

That said, I prefer RTS's that don't involve micromanaging field upgrades.
Old 08-26-2007, 01:37 PM

Maple Story...Seriously, if you wanna see a group of real degenerates go to the gamefaqs board where you'll find that maple story is one of the most active message boards. And all for a 2-D cartoon MMORPG game where there is absolutely no storyline, repetitive gameplay, and HUGE HUGE grind.

Despite all that, the music is fairly good and the TWO (there are only TWO) actual Missions are pretty fun the first time around.

But like I said, it's for degenerates where level 150 people have to grind for like 2 hours to gain 10% of their experience to their next level.
Old 08-26-2007, 01:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i don't understand all the hate on FF7. To those that feel FF7 is overrated, did you play it years after it came out? Or on release?

[/ QUOTE ]

I played it as soon as it was released and had been a HUGE fan of the FF series up to that point. I thought the game was cool as far as graphics went (I would actually show my videogame buddies all of the summon spells because they looked so cool), but that's not what I play RPGs for. I thought it was extremely overrated and a huge disappointment to the Final Fantasy series.

The same goes for every other playstation FF.

I really can't think of any other games I found to be overrated. I tend to enjoy everything I play.

[/ QUOTE ]

I played FF7 when it first came out and liked it right until it degenerated into "oh here's a boss, guess I'll summon like 7 times and win"

It was fun enough to beat but I distinctly remember feeling unsatisfied afterward and think it started the downward spiral of the FF series that didn't end until XII.
Old 09-14-2007, 10:26 AM

At the time when FF7 was released I had already been an rpg fan for years and I thought FF7 was one of the better games in the series. I would rate it my second favorite in the series behind FF6.
Old 09-14-2007, 07:49 PM

I agree with Mortal Kombat. Very good choice. Hasn't stood the test of time at all.

What do you guys think about Super Mario Brothers 2?

It was never meant to be part of the series, and is the only game in the main series that I don't consider to be flat out amazing.

Duke Nukem.

The multiplayer half of Goldeneye. I absolutely love the single player portion of this game, but I cringe when people list it as one of the best multiplayer games of all time.

All Mariokarts other than Mariokart 64. How can people actually enjoy playing the SNES one?!

Double Dragon. That game sucks (both arcade and nes versions).

The Sims... in the dark. I've never even played it, but I bet people will agree.

Those of you that are saying FF7 are crazy. Do any of you actually enjoy RPG's? I love going back and replaying the game, and still have the music on my ipod/itunes.