Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Fours
Black 14 31.82%
Red 17 38.64%
Mixed 13 29.55%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-19-2007, 10:09 AM

Default Re: Can anyone fill us in on Vanessa Rousso altercation?

I've been desperately trying to increase my pre-flop aggression by raising/reraising just about every hand I enter the pot with, but it's remained fairly neutral.. I now see why, I need to be [censored] aggressively calling evry time.. god [censored] dammit.
Old 06-19-2007, 10:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Aggressive call, nice. Also, starting hand value's do not rise and fall depending on if it is cash or tournaments.

[/ QUOTE ]

However starting hand values do rise and fall depending on whether or not you are shorthanded, and she states clearly that they are shorthanded and thats why its value has increased, not that its because its a tourney.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I make an aggressive call of 1550 more because I was getting more than 3:1 on my money, we were shorthanded so AJ is stronger than in ring games, and I still have a healthy 10K (almost double average) stack even if I lose.

[/ QUOTE ]

If that's what she meant, then she obviously doesn't know what a "ring game" is? That's top notch analysis from a "game theory expert."

[/ QUOTE ]

We're arguing semantics now, I would assume when she said "ring games" she really meant "full ring games," (Otherwise her first comment of short-handed doesn't make sense).

[/ QUOTE ]

Does she play ring games (short of full) at all?
Old 06-19-2007, 10:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Nothing wrong with saying that someone played a hand terribly

[/ QUOTE ]

These stupid threads are boring, but I would just like to stress again that this statement is very wrong. Sorry I quoted it without completely full explanation, but I just wanted to highlight it. If anyone at my table ever says something like this (I'll make an admission for needling someone they know), they are made an instant douchebag in my mind. If they prove to be a nice person otherwise that is fine but they always have that douchebag streak in them.

As for this story, I'm not sure why anyone cares about a stupid altercation between some known online poker tournament nerd and known live poker tournament 'pro' (oh wait I do, find the common denominator with those other unnecessarily long NVG threads), but I am inclined to believe that both players involved in this could use a personality coach.
Old 06-19-2007, 10:16 AM

I guess we will never know the exact truth, but I have to say I find the amount of hate in this thread scary. I haven't watched Rousso on television, but I've heard the stories about her being irritating. But really, if someone is just irritating, does that give someone else the right to be outright rude to them?

There seems to be a lot of bitterness on all sides that she is a mediocre player who has got sponsorship because she's a fairly attractive woman. Oh, the ironing! Look at all the NSFW and other girlie threads in NVG - guys are interested in good-looking women! And you wonder why she gets sponsored.

If this thread had been about Been berating Newhizzle or TStoneMBD then I think it would have been a whole different story.
Old 06-19-2007, 10:16 AM

I think the bottom line is that Aaron Been shouldn't have been criticizing another player's play at the table. Especially if he wasn't involved in the hand.
Old 06-19-2007, 10:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
But really, if someone is just irritating, does that give someone else the right to be outright rude to them?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes?
Old 06-19-2007, 10:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Well from an unbiased stance, not knowing who any of these people are by name or face (although I might know who Peter North is) and just going by their posts it's easily advantage rousso, BUT, factoring in everything else it's bean by a length. People vouching for and verifying his and her character and behavior makes a big difference.

Still, the way some posters react to these dramabombs make me ashamed to be a 2p2er at times.

[/ QUOTE ]

Srsly? Advantage Rousso on posts?

You obviously can't take either's account as an unbiased report.

And I think it's a perfectly fair to assume that when an incident such as this occurs its impossible for either party to be 100% innocent of wrongdoing.

It may seem counterintuitive to some, but the party in the right generally starts closer to the truth.

And of course the party in the wrong generally starts with a version far from the truth, and one that portrays the individual as either a helpless victim of another's ill well or a scapegoat of happenstance.

Back and forth the volleys fly converging towards the truth.

As you mentioned this is a perfect example of why your reputation is everything in the poker world. Not knowing or ever having any personal communication with either party I was aware of general reputations for both players involved, similar to what others have said.
Old 06-19-2007, 10:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Chad stuck up for me the way I would hope any guy would stick up for their girlfriend

[/ QUOTE ]

LOLOLOL He's like 40 and Been's like 21 LOLOLOLOLOL

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't believe he's picking on a 21 year old boy like that!
Old 06-19-2007, 10:28 AM

LOL at aggressive calls, little girls who can't take up for themselves, and very average looking girls who become hot by putting on gigantic sunglasses that hide their crazy eyes.
Old 06-19-2007, 10:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]

There seems to be a lot of bitterness on all sides that she is a mediocre player who has got sponsorship because she's a fairly attractive woman.

[/ QUOTE ]

imho - there is nothing wrong with getting ahead a little quicker when you have an advantage (good looking woman) and an opportunity presents itself. Great your playing with the big boys. Good.

But you can't have it both ways. There seems to be plenty of evidence of her just not ever giving it a rest and being quiet (still working the good looking woman advantage) and that again, hey fine. Talk if you want. Annoying, but go ahead.

But the first second you have to deal with a little of the real world, all of a sudden you're hiding behind what got you ahead in the first place.

'OMG don't needle me, IM JUST A 24 YR OLD INNOCENT LITTLE GIRL!!' (not a mature, professional, fully capable woman anymore)

Can't have it both ways, it doesn't come out in the wash.

And save the woman hater jazz, and nvg hater jazz. You're just a click away from leaving if you want to.