Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-2007, 08:28 PM

Default Re: New Software Announcement – Smart Buddy,the universal poker buddy

this looks pretty slick... i think once u add a batch buddy add thing and when "Not really that great if im getting data thats over 20minutes old" is fixed i'm in for sure
Old 06-14-2007, 11:05 PM

I'm going to third the "over 20 min and players still don't appear" thing. Also the table opener on the Full Tilt client isn't working properly. It appears to be opening the table directly above the table it's supposed to be opening.
Old 06-15-2007, 02:39 PM

Thanks for the feedback. We are in the process of optimizing the players refresh rate, this should be resolved shortly. Due to the way players enter and leave the table, we need to have refresh rates under two min. This will allow a player to enter or leave a game at any point and still be visible within 5 min. If we refresh every 7-10 min, a player may not be visible for 20+ min. Except for some table currently most of our refresh rates are below 4.5 minutes.
Old 06-15-2007, 07:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the feedback. We are in the process of optimizing the players refresh rate, this should be resolved shortly. Due to the way players enter and leave the table, we need to have refresh rates under two min. This will allow a player to enter or leave a game at any point and still be visible within 5 min. If we refresh every 7-10 min, a player may not be visible for 20+ min. Except for some table currently most of our refresh rates are below 4.5 minutes.

[/ QUOTE ]

uh, the players need to be visible in like < 30 seconds. 5 minutes is way too long. it should work like this:

1) player sits at table
2) player instantly pops up on buddy list

this is a very cool product idea but so far unfortunately a quite disappointing execution.
Old 06-15-2007, 09:42 PM

It takes about 3-5 min for a player to sit down and play his or her first 3 hands. If they wait for the big blind, it could take over 7-10 min to player their first hand. We are setting it up to take about two min per refresh. It could take upto five minutes if a player sites down right after we update a section as they would not show up until the next refresh.
Old 06-15-2007, 09:58 PM

Why does a player have to play a hand to be found? If a player is sitting at a table regardless of whether he is in the hand, sitting out or waiting for BB if he is at the table then he is at the table so they should be found.

if your aiming to refresh the lists every 2 mins and a player sits down 2 seconds after the refresh why will i still be waiting 7-10minutes as you say? why dont i have to wait 1min 58secs? i dont understand or am i miss reading the above post somewhere.

If you could get rfresh rates every 2 mins and if a new fish sat down all i had to wait was 2minutes MAX, then you'd have a customer for life with this product,

understand this is all beta and improvements going on al the time, but at the moment a simple AHK script is being 100X more effective, faster and reliable at present and completely free
Old 06-15-2007, 10:39 PM

Let me clarify. The player does not need to be in the hand to be found. If they are sitting at the table and not playing a hand, they will still show in your buddy list. You do not have to wait 7-10 minutes, I was making an example of how long it takes for a player start playing at a poker site if you sit down and select wait for big blind.
Old 06-15-2007, 11:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Party is finally supported! Thanks! But there's kind of bug - there's no table limits information - only "0$/0$" . Plus - there's no "open table" feature.

[/ QUOTE ]

Party is not working at all for me, do I have to be a paying customer or should it work using only the demo version??
Old 06-16-2007, 12:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Let me clarify. The player does not need to be in the hand to be found. If they are sitting at the table and not playing a hand, they will still show in your buddy list. You do not have to wait 7-10 minutes, I was making an example of how long it takes for a player start playing at a poker site if you sit down and select wait for big blind.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok, just keep in mind that the usefulness of this product, in your scenario, is to get us sat at that table before the fish even plays their first hand...

i agree that 2 minutes is the absolute max that a player should appear on my list from the time they first sit at a table in order for me to be satisfied with this software product (and the same goes for getting them off the list when they leave a table).
Old 06-16-2007, 10:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Party is not working at all for me, do I have to be a paying customer or should it work using only the demo version??

[/ QUOTE ]

Party hasn't worked for me for the last two days (I am paying), and Full Tilt was off the day before that. I'd imagine it's just teething problems, I just wish the product wasn't in perfect harmony with the site I happen to be playing on a given day! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

EDIT: Just been doing some "fishing" over at Full Tilt and it's showing some buddies and not others who are currently on (and have been on for a while), some are also flashing in and out. It would be nice to get some kind of confirmation of what the issues are with various sites and when they expect to stablilise.