Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-13-2007, 06:24 PM

Default Re: Pregnant GF

[ QUOTE ]

You, sir, do not seem to be a very good man. Are you actually saying OP should find a lawyer to enforce some kind of "verbal contract" in this case? You must be out of your [censored] mind. I can't believe how many people are going to go around sticking their junk in chicks and not expect to have any consequences.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe I'm not. But [censored] this world, and [censored] all the laws and social mores which are immediately biased against men, and favor the woman.

Or he can listen to posters like you and: Sack up, be a man, and have your life ruined.

Good job.
Old 04-13-2007, 06:24 PM

OP,

I have no idea what I'd do in your situation. I'm not trying to sound judgemental, or tell you what your future with this girl should entail. However, when you say things like this:

[ QUOTE ]
"Manning up" might work for some factory worker who has no ambition in life, and is just going to eventually have kids anyway.

It is a much different story for me - no stable job, risky income, young, inexperienced, and needs to stay emotionally stable to even have a chance at making enough money to support 3 people.

[/ QUOTE ]

...you sound ignorant and selfish. If you have a child, the reasons you've cited for not being ready are not excuses, they're obstacles. Other people's lives are now affected by yours. You may not have wanted that, but it's now a harsh reality. You have to deal with the reasons you're not ready instead of convincing yourself that they're a valid excuse for being a bad father. Not having a stable job, and risky income is something you have to give up. Sorry. Being scared is something you have to get over. Family is the only thing you can count on when it's all said and done. This kid will be counting on you. If you set some assanine parameters on what you'll be available to him/her for, that's being a bad father.
Old 04-13-2007, 06:28 PM

look into diaper services.
Old 04-13-2007, 06:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Gf just came back from the OBGYN and has pics of it now. 8 weeks 2 days and healthy.

She has now made it very clear that abortion and adoption are out of the question.

I have no [censored] clue what I'm going to do now...

[/ QUOTE ]

Tell her how you feel. You could also be honest with the fact that you will not be tied down to this town/family...youll still help support the child, but you are not going to be forced into anything you dont want to do. Tell her you love her, but you will not be in a situation (such as family, surroundings, etc) that brings you down. See how she feels about moving away later on.

If shes against it, you may have to leave. For some reason I have the feeling that everyone over there is going to be seeing you as the crazy one. Dont feel crazy for not wanting what they want.

Granted shes pregnant, but if noone is going to let this be a mutual thing, ignoring what you want essentially, you have to do what you have to do.

Also, to the people going on about "Well if you cant handle the consequences then dont have sex" STFU. its not ever going to happen. How many people in the world are [censored] each other in this very moment? Now how many are doing it to have a kid? Sure a vagina and a penius are essentially for making babies, but we all know people have sex for far more reasons than to make a baby. His girl took the pill, he would have used condoms, they took precautions. Everyone knows what those precautions are for, they are there so you can share an experience with a girl or your gf that is important in many ways, and healthy for a relationship, without having to have a kid. Woman are taking a higher bioligical risk here by having sex, they know this, yet they take precautions for this very reason to have sex without worrying about anything. Your in the wrong [censored] forum to spout shortsighted advice. This is after all a place where one of the greatest threads was about randomly banging myspace chicks. But if people still want to soapbox from the mount, so be it. But just so you know, its pointless to post, and worthless advice. cest le vie.
Old 04-13-2007, 06:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

You, sir, do not seem to be a very good man. Are you actually saying OP should find a lawyer to enforce some kind of "verbal contract" in this case? You must be out of your [censored] mind. I can't believe how many people are going to go around sticking their junk in chicks and not expect to have any consequences.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe I'm not. But [censored] this world, and [censored] all the laws and social mores which are immediately biased against men, and favor the woman.

Or he can listen to posters like you and: Sack up, be a man, and have your life ruined.

Good job.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tell me exactly what part of his life is ruined. Subsequently, tell me what part of this isn't immediately of HIS OWN DAMN DOING.
Old 04-13-2007, 06:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
On the upside - if she does keep the baby you can look forward to this:

[/ QUOTE ]

whos the lucky bastard that knocked her up?
Old 04-13-2007, 06:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Tell me exactly what part of his life is ruined. Subsequently, tell me what part of this isn't immediately of HIS OWN DAMN DOING.

[/ QUOTE ]

Stuck in backwater [censored] town, with a financial anchor. If he 'man's up and marries her' he'll have a marriage which I'd be surprised lasted 5 years.

He might as well have had his condoms pricked with needles by this bitch. He was decieved, and now he's screwed.
Old 04-13-2007, 06:46 PM

If OP forces himself to marry her how long do you think the marriage will last ? With the national average of marriages lasting on 50% (approx), what do you rate his chances? Shouldnt everyone be best served if OP leaves town. If OP leaves town, the chick might come to senses after realising what it takes to raise a kid on your own for 20 years.
Old 04-13-2007, 06:53 PM

I am not endorsing this idea at all but OP could leave town immediately and force his GF's hand. This tactic just might frighten her enough to get her to abort.
Old 04-13-2007, 06:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
On the upside - if she does keep the baby you can look forward to this:

[/ QUOTE ]

whos the lucky bastard that knocked her up?

[/ QUOTE ]
some nerdy looking french CEO. But then again french guys are known to be good with women (supposedly second best behind italians)