Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-06-2007, 01:39 AM

Default Re: The Well: BobboFitos

Monta ellis=baller or one good year?
Old 04-06-2007, 01:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
6 max game. 100 BB effective stacks. you're in the CO playing your standard game. A player UTG raises to 4BB. Its folded to you and you pop it to 15BB. Its folded to UTG. UTG calls your raise.

Assume reads are minimum and all you have is stats collected over 100 hands or so. Put the following villains on a range.

1)19/15/2
2)32/20/2
3)40/10/1.5
4)14/10/4
5)27/23/3

[/ QUOTE ]
1. AA-99, AK/AQ.
2. This could go alot of ways. If he's tough his range is whatever he opened UTG, which is still wide. This is both a positive and negative for me, depending on what I 3bet with!
3. 40/10 opens tight utg but probably calls all the reraises due to seeing flop mentality. something like 99+, ATo+, ATs+, KQs.
4. This is very nitty pf, if a guy like this opens pf and calls (unless i think he 4bets AA/KK) its an ultra premium, with AK or JJ being the worst. If I 3bet him though I probably have the same range though.
5. Similar to #2. Probably a tougher opponent bc slightly more aggro and a little less spewy, a big on the laggro side. These guys can give trouble bc their hand ranges are wider.

for the most part its all irrelevant until they c/r me all in or lead into me on the flop, only then do i need to assign hand range =p
Old 04-06-2007, 01:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
come to UMaryland, its nice here [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
heh, i may, depending on if i can in or not :X
[ QUOTE ]

i suppose now that i wrote something i need to ask a question? hrmmm

[/ QUOTE ]
Yah!

[ QUOTE ]

1) are you excited to be living with me for an entire month? (i know, i know, try to resist [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img])

[/ QUOTE ]
very excited, GKA has told me good things/you guys are good guys/should be an insane month.

[ QUOTE ]

2) do you think its worth it for me to pay you for coaching?

[/ QUOTE ]
I'll tell you what. I'll give you/other roommates free copies of the book and be more then happy to explain any concept to you, providing you give me good feedback abotu the book. if you want coaching prior to this summer though, it is without a doubt worth it to pay me. ;p

[ QUOTE ]

3) should i be playing 6 man sng's right now or 6 max nl cash?

[/ QUOTE ]
Well.. I know yuo're good at STTs.. but cash > any other form, AINEC.
[ QUOTE ]

4) are you jealous that I'm going to share a bedroom with GKA, and therefore spoon with him at will?

[/ QUOTE ]
hahahaha, somewhat.
[ QUOTE ]

5) Can you go over nl 6 max situations where youd ever open limp (if ever) or limp behind (you can keep it generic and buy in specific if desired)

[/ QUOTE ]
Ok, good q. Open limp, 6 max, never. Full ring, I open limp from EP AA/KK from time to time to lrr, and often small PPs that I dont want to raise with. (obv call a raise) sometimes ill limp AT type stuff (KQ too) but generally ill fold to a raise. I've l/rr with some of those, too, but normally when I think there is weakness.
Over limp... I love overlimping in both spots. There are some very good overlimping spots, and without too much detail, AXs, suited broadways, and offsuit broadways I think should be overlimped and not raise/fold.
[ QUOTE ]

6) do you prefer playing live or online?

[/ QUOTE ]
if im feeling sick, online. other wise, live.

[ QUOTE ]

7) is your girlfriend hot?

[/ QUOTE ]
yes, she will be staying with me in vegas, providing things go fine.
Old 04-06-2007, 02:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Bobbo,

can you quickly commment on this hand?

I think there is a fundamental concept I am missing in this situation (and so many situations like it) where I am just completely lost. No matter what I do in these situations i feel i did something wrong.

thx

[/ QUOTE ]

sure, the hand in brief again:

Stack Sizes
SB: $105.25
BB: $97.50
Hero (UTG): $228.15
CO: $100
BTN: $99.50

Preflop: J J ($1.50, 5 Players)
Hero raises to $4, CO raises to $12, 3 folds, Hero calls $8

Flop: 6 5 8 ($27, 2 Players)
Hero checks, CO bets $17, CO folds, hero goes all-in

flop has 2 spades, too*

There are a few ways to approach this hand. The first is knowing more about your opponent; if he's been 3betting alot, you're allowed to 4bet/call all in. if he hasnt been 3betting alot and hasnt been active whatsoever, you can set mine. Seems insanely weak but technically you can check fold the flop.

Without either of those two parameters (either heavy action or no action whatsoever) the standard is to call, and not necessarily release the flop, but approach it cautiously.

So now we make it to the flop in the standard fashion, and we have somewhat of a situation; an incredibly heavy board, a 27$ pot, and effective stacks of 88. (3.3 pot:stack)

For the most part w/ anything really strong or draw I'd checkraise all in here. If i c/r ai I prolly never have air, and at the minimum some sort of draw considering the board.

The problem really is... Jacks is just too strong in relative strength to release, without more info about villain. (somewhat nitty, I mean) Also, given the board and being OOP, its too tough to call 17 here, since that sets up 61 in the pot with 71 behind. So, if you call, what do you hope? it's checked down? with 2 streets to go, and even KQ/Ak/Aq having ~25%+ (depending on suits) equity in a sizable pot, (or if they have a weird hand like 67 or 89 etc, they have lots of equity) its just too tough to play. So, its a real push/fold spot.

The other option is to call and shove any turn, but I like your play here. If it makes you feel any better I'd probably do the same with 9s and Tens too, unless I have more opponent information, but for 100bb in a fairly aggro game (CO open / Btn repop situation) w. JJ as an OP its generally time to go busto.

I think you may have wanted better advice here, and I'm sorry I cant give it, but against some people you can check fold, but against most it's a check push.
Old 04-06-2007, 02:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Monta ellis=baller or one good year?

[/ QUOTE ]

well, monta is a month younger then me at 21, so he should be a junior in college. 16.8 in 34mins is solid at nearly 48 FG%.
He needs to get better at 3s since he takes a fair amount (27% from 3land which SUCKS) but i think he can be a real solid player. he brings alot of athleticism and energy; the fans love him (when ive gone to games he's been accepted big time) and I like him when i watch on tv too, so i think he just needs to build on this year.
Old 04-06-2007, 02:18 AM

bobbo,

I posted this in MSNL but I figured I'd post it here, too.

[ QUOTE ]
Villain is pretty much unknown, definitely not a regular though. He seems loose preflop but over a small sample. This is the first time I've 3 bet him, and I've been in line so far.

2/4 6 max, I have $405 and he covers.

LAG raises UTG+1 to $14, Villain calls next to act, I make it $60 from the SB with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], LAG folds and Villain calls.

Flop: 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($135)

I lead for $75, villain calls.

Turn: K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($285)

Hero?

I have $270 left on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 04-06-2007, 02:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for doing this well man, lots of really good stuff in here..

1) I have a hard time dealing with minraises. They tend to set me on instatilt and I feel like I just end up playing the rest of the hand feeling lost.. What would your plan be for the rest of this hand:

(btw villain is 70/6 over just 35 hands)

Poker Room skin
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $1/$2
5 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $94.00
CO: $58.80
Button: $562.60
Hero: $200.00
BB: $166.80

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is SB with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
3 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $7</font>, BB calls.

Flop: 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($14, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $10</font>, <font color="#cc0000">BB raises to $20</font>, Hero ??

[/ QUOTE ]

Against a normal villain, I may check this flop. Actually, it would be my default play.

[/ QUOTE ]

Could you explain why you would check this flop? And what would be your plan after that?
Old 04-06-2007, 02:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
bobbo,

I posted this in MSNL but I figured I'd post it here, too.

[ QUOTE ]
Villain is pretty much unknown, definitely not a regular though. He seems loose preflop but over a small sample. This is the first time I've 3 bet him, and I've been in line so far.

2/4 6 max, I have $405 and he covers.

LAG raises UTG+1 to $14, Villain calls next to act, I make it $60 from the SB with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], LAG folds and Villain calls.

Flop: 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($135)

I lead for $75, villain calls.

Turn: K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($285)

Hero?

I have $270 left on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

check call up to all in, if he checks behind consider value pushing the river or check folding. if its a 4th heart as well, consider value pushing the river or check folding. if its a jack, consider value pushing the river or check calling.
Old 04-06-2007, 02:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for doing this well man, lots of really good stuff in here..

1) I have a hard time dealing with minraises. They tend to set me on instatilt and I feel like I just end up playing the rest of the hand feeling lost.. What would your plan be for the rest of this hand:

(btw villain is 70/6 over just 35 hands)

Poker Room skin
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $1/$2
5 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $94.00
CO: $58.80
Button: $562.60
Hero: $200.00
BB: $166.80

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is SB with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
3 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $7</font>, BB calls.

Flop: 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($14, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $10</font>, <font color="#cc0000">BB raises to $20</font>, Hero ??

[/ QUOTE ]

Against a normal villain, I may check this flop. Actually, it would be my default play.

[/ QUOTE ]

Could you explain why you would check this flop? And what would be your plan after that?

[/ QUOTE ]

well, against this villain, i would not check. but against others... sorry, cant really go into the why. but my plan is if he bets, to call, and if he checks, to bet turns. im willing to put alot of money in on various turns, esp. if villain did not bet the flop.
Old 04-06-2007, 03:07 AM

What are some things you could with a coach if you got one other than a standard sweat session? What kind of things do you do differently?

and, trip reports involving violence/sex/drugs please?