Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-02-2007, 08:53 AM

Default Re: Btw-

<font color="blue"> My second reaction is that in your lioness example, giving up on the cub is a matter of survival. Abortion is a matter of personal convenience. </font>

You might be right NOW.. i.e. in this day and age. But if you believe in evolution (which you probably don't), there was a time on the ancestral plains where abanoning our young must've been sometimes necessary for survival. This is why I brought it up in the first place.

I agree it's probably not necessary in most cases today. But then again...

The tendency is to look at adoption. Well, that's fine for a perfectly healthy white baby, but I don't think balck babies are in such a demand. So what about a single black mother with no means to support her (3rd) child? Now in a way, this child could prove too heavy of a burden on her and her two other children. At the very least it could be a serious detriment to the flourishing of other offspring.

Also, in the cases of rape or incest, I do not see how you can possibly think it is anything but morally reprehensible to force a woman to bear her tormenter's child. I'd say abortion is ok up to the moment of birth in those cases if that's what she wants to do.

Lastly, it's interesting that "men" are given so much say on this subject. Do you honestly think that if MEN were the ones giving birth that abortion would be considered such an evil? Not a chance... You can bet they'd have fit it into the bible that abortion MUST be done in cases of rape.
Old 04-02-2007, 09:03 AM

Default Re: Real questions about pro choice

<font color="blue"> If you are making this statement as part of your argument that abortion is not morally wrong, then there are so many logical flaws here that I won't even bother explaining them. </font>

I did not make the statement to support my argument, but to show the hypocrisy of yours.

<font color="blue">I will say that "Thou shall not kill" is more accurately translated as "Thou shall not commit personal murder." </font>

Well that's just mighty convenient! I'm not a big bible thumper, but I've never seen any asterisks in the Ten Commandments. It's pretty straightforward. "Thou shall not kill". Not... "Thou shall not kill, except when it suits one's agenda".

How can you not find something wrong with your beliefs when your very beliefs can be used to to discredit your beliefs?! Christian logic is truly amazing.
Old 04-02-2007, 09:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[b]<font color="blue">They all say that with condom usage, a chance for getting pregannt even with perfect use lies around 3% in one year's time.</font> [b]

[/ QUOTE ]
You realize the qualifier "in one year's time" (which you omitted from all previous posts) changes the nature of your claim considerably, right?
Old 04-02-2007, 09:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Well that's just mighty convenient! I'm not a big bible thumper, but I've never seen any asterisks in the Ten Commandments. It's pretty straightforward. "Thou shall not kill".

[/ QUOTE ]
Is that what it says in Hebrew?
Old 04-02-2007, 09:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You can bet they'd have fit it into the bible that abortion MUST be done in cases of rape.

[/ QUOTE ]
Do you honestly believe this?
Old 04-02-2007, 09:26 AM

is this some kind of experiment to see if a thread will collapse into itself if the density of its lameness is high enough?
Old 04-02-2007, 09:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You can bet they'd have fit it into the bible that abortion MUST be done in cases of rape.

[/ QUOTE ]
Do you honestly believe this?

[/ QUOTE ]

I absolutely believe it.
Old 04-02-2007, 09:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Well that's just mighty convenient! I'm not a big bible thumper, but I've never seen any asterisks in the Ten Commandments. It's pretty straightforward. "Thou shall not kill".

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thou shall not kill, thou shall not murder. Either way, please explain how capital punishment is not a sin against this commandment? It is purposeful murder.
Old 04-02-2007, 10:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thou shall not kill, thou shall not murder. Either way, please explain how capital punishment is not a sin against this commandment? It is purposeful murder.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Romans 13 (NIV)

1Everyone must submit himself to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God. 2Consequently, he who rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves. 3For rulers hold no terror for those who do right, but for those who do wrong. Do you want to be free from fear of the one in authority? Then do what is right and he will commend you. 4For he is God's servant to do you good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword for nothing. He is God's servant, an agent of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'll let txag elaborate.
Old 04-02-2007, 10:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Romans 13 (NIV)

1Everyone must submit himself to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God. 2Consequently, he who rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves. 3For rulers hold no terror for those who do right, but for those who do wrong. Do you want to be free from fear of the one in authority? Then do what is right and he will commend you. 4For he is God's servant to do you good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword for nothing. He is God's servant, an agent of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'll let txag elaborate.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well that does explain why every country thinks God is on their side when it comes to war, but wait a sec... That's not possible is it? Some of these authorities must not have been put in place by God, huh? Is there any reason to think the American government was put in place by God?