Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Do you regularly go to the driving range alone?
Yes 152 62.81%
No 54 22.31%
I don't play golf / This thread sucks / Show me the results 36 14.88%
Voters: 242. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-29-2007, 04:45 AM

Default Re: ***OFFICIAL*** LOST Season 3 Episode 14 Discussion -spoiler free-

Question that I includes a spoiler in white:

<font color="white"> So I'm looking around the Lost message boards on abc.com and it appears as if the writers have said that at one point it will be revealed that theres a gay character. In the airport, Shannon says something like "stop flirting with guys" to Boone. Is that a hint? If not, who do you think will be the gay character? The only other person I can think of is that one other(Zeke?) who told Kate that shes "not his type."</font>
Old 03-29-2007, 09:20 AM

mostly grunching thread:

this episode and the entire Nikki/Paolo story arc sucked. this episode was complete filler, and the writers didn't even try to hide it.

if you are going to create characters, you should make us care about them before you kill them.
Old 03-29-2007, 10:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Question that I includes a spoiler in white:

<font color="white"> So I'm looking around the Lost message boards on abc.com and it appears as if the writers have said that at one point it will be revealed that theres a gay character. In the airport, Shannon says something like "stop flirting with guys" to Boone. Is that a hint? If not, who do you think will be the gay character? The only other person I can think of is that one other(Zeke?) who told Kate that shes "not his type."</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

The whole point of the their dynamic was that he was in love/lust with her but had to supress it as they were step-sibblings. Plus she showed up at his place hammered and he was on it in a second. Seems pretty straight to me. I like your second guess.
Old 03-29-2007, 10:33 AM

This ep was odd to me. I both really liked it, and really disliked it. The backstory was a little too cliche, little too much like Sawyer. The whole flashbacks and inserting them (has anybody looked to see if they were originally in those shots at in the premire?) into the story was both cool, and lame, I can't really decide which.

The ending, I think, pushed it over to awesome. Also I'm never mad if I get to see Shannon in a short skirt.
Old 03-29-2007, 10:51 AM

I think its obvious that the monster took the form of the medusas and represents a sort of karma in this episode. Overall pretty weak episode imo, being buried alive part was v cool though.
Old 03-29-2007, 10:53 AM

Anyone know anything about paralysis? On medical TV shows (House, ER, etc.) they always say that if the paralysis reaches the lungs, the patient would have to be put on a respirator. Is it really possible for someone to be completely paralyzed to the point of being mistaken for dead, but still able to breathe? Or did they explain this too?
Old 03-29-2007, 11:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone know anything about paralysis? On medical TV shows (House, ER, etc.) they always say that if the paralysis reaches the lungs, the patient would have to be put on a respirator. Is it really possible for someone to be completely paralyzed to the point of being mistaken for dead, but still able to breathe? Or did they explain this too?

[/ QUOTE ]

magic island.
Old 03-29-2007, 11:18 AM

Can someone remind me why Boone needed a pen when the plane first crashed?

Ray
Old 03-29-2007, 11:28 AM

So Jack could do a tracheotomy.
Old 03-29-2007, 11:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
it means "fake spoiler", but I chose words poorly in the heat of the moment. "quasi spoiler" would've been better. You have in the past said lots of things like "but wait til you see who's contract isn't renewed" while we're discussing characters X, Y, and Z. Things along those lines.

[/ QUOTE ]

i remember one time doing it n gradma saying to white out s i did....ive posted several times "my speculation" and people seemed to have thought i was stating fact.

don't know anyone working in the lost writers room so i have as much info to go on as any of u.

like the above...i thought it would be a complete joke if after being buried alive for 10/20/30 minutes etc they still survive. despite all the clues..unless it is an instant action by someone near the grave..it seems retarded for them to survive. plus they are essentially the worst of the worst in terms of people of the survivors