Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Who WILL win?
Brazil 171 93.44%
France 12 6.56%
Voters: 183. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-21-2007, 06:28 PM

Default Re: WPT should be sued *DELETED*

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
...and shame on JJ Liu for putting the outcome of a stupid poker game ahead of someones health...

[/ QUOTE ]

could be my first FYP.

[/ QUOTE ]

BS she was 4 months pregnant, Most women work their jobs till the 7th or 8th freaking month please.

Hope your next FYP actually does...

[/ QUOTE ]

Most women would leave work and go to the hospital if they started bleeding!
Old 03-22-2007, 09:40 AM

Default Re: WPT should be sued

LOL Cockaments
Old 03-22-2007, 12:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If she had given birth at the final table, would the baby be dealt in?

[/ QUOTE ]

LMFAO!!!!

Also, would she leave with the baby when the baby was carded and determined to be too young to play in a CA poker room?
Old 03-22-2007, 01:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I simply ask 2+2 participants to "think", just a little bit, before posting something insensitive and/or taking their daily cheap shots at either J.J., Dan, or myself.

I don't think that was too much to ask.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll buy into protecting your client but to include yourself in that list of who not to comment on is pretty lame. Everyone that posts on 2+2 gets slammed and ridiculed. Why should you be immune? Imagine if we all said, I'm having a bad day, please don't pick on me?
Old 03-22-2007, 01:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And they once again made the wrong decision. The long term effect will not be good for WPT, they would have received an immense amount of good will, publicity, and news stories if they stopped the game for JJ.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you think the WPT's target audience are the people who watch Nanny 911 or who watch High Stakes Poker? Would a puff piece on Oprah done more good for the game then changing tournament parameters mid final table? If they had stopped this for her we would all be talking about how Ted got screwed and should sue WPTE for stopping the tournament in the middle of the final table because a pregnant woman fell ill. The WPT did EXACTLY the correct thing.

[ QUOTE ]
On a related note as a PR flack you should really STFU at this stage, why your expressing support for the WPT when your clients might have a negligence lawsuit is beyond my comprehension.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that Oliver should STFU but this lawsuit talk is nonsense. They did not keep her against her will. If people want to really look at this in any legal capacity the question is how fit is someone to be a parent if they make a decision to not treat a potential life threatening emergency because they go into HU play as the chip leader.

If Ted is up 4-1 in chips when they go HU, does she and Dan leave?
Old 03-22-2007, 01:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I wonder why Forrest didnt offer some sort of chop, of if he did and the WPT didnt allow it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why should he? She knew she was pregnant before she entered the tournament. We have had pregnant women in this thread discuss the risk of such activities while pregnant. The WPT does not allow deals and Ted had no reason to even consider one.
Old 03-22-2007, 01:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]

The question for me is - if Doyle was in the final two and had a stroke or heart attack, what would they do? Would people be saying "he shouldn't be playing poker at his age - it's stressful, bad for your health, he should know he's at risk as a old man, it's so irresponsible" ? I'm guessing the WPT would pause the tournament and/or make some kind of deal, which means that there's a pretty strong discrimination going on.

[/ QUOTE ]

No they wouldn't. They'd rename the world championship trophy, 'The Doyle Brunson Trophy' and move on.

Discrimination? Who is being discriminated against? Discrimination would be if they had a rule that no pregnant women be allowed to play or have an age cutoff. Had they altered the tournament in any way shape or form -- to include a delay -- the only person who would have been discriminated against is Ted Forrest.
Old 03-22-2007, 01:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
are you, Oliver K. Tse the father of the baby?

[/ QUOTE ]

Where is that Florida judge in the Anna Nicole baby daddy case when we need him most?
Old 03-22-2007, 02:07 PM

man thats sick and bad..atleast a 5-10 min break for her??

and I doubt they will air this part on T.V.

tough case to who was wrong and who did wrong.
Old 03-22-2007, 02:50 PM

Default Re: WPT should be sued *DELETED*

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
...and shame on JJ Liu for putting the outcome of a stupid poker game ahead of someones health...

[/ QUOTE ]

could be my first FYP.

[/ QUOTE ]

BS she was 4 months pregnant, Most women work their jobs till the 7th or 8th freaking month please.

Hope your next FYP actually does...

[/ QUOTE ]

Most women would leave work and go to the hospital if they started bleeding!

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with your point you are absolutely correct, but if she was told the if she left before the match was resolved she would FORFEIT ALL PRIZE MONEY, then its a more difficult decision. 600k is nothing to sneeze at.

I would like to hear from the WPT about what their policy is about players having to withdraw for emergency reasons. Is the Prize money forfeited or do they pay that person the Minimum Prize so they at least get something. Do you or anyone here believe she or anyone should forfeit prize money because of some emergency (appendix,heart attack, stroke, Death of immediate family member, etc...)?

I think that WPT/Pokernews/Cardplayer someone can cover this aspect of the story without violating or interfering with JJ's privacy, and its something that the WPT/WSOP should have a policy on.

I personally would fell better if the WPT just said incase of legitimate emergency here is our policy.