Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-09-2007, 11:50 AM

Default Re: ***Official*** LOST Season 3 Episode 7 Discussion -spoiler free-

[ QUOTE ]
so the basic premise of this show now is:

they recruit people to the island for scientific research - ranging from actual science to psychology, sociology
this research is cutting edge stuff that is unethical and would not fly in the real world
the stuff they are doing is really controversial and most rational adults would object to it, if not try to stop it altogether
to combat this they need to raise kids in this environment and show the kids from an early age that this is 'the way'

i actually believe what juliette said to jack. i think she wants out and ben promised her that. in fact i bet alot of 'the others' want out, and only ben (or someone else) has the ability to let them go.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is pretty much what I am thinking except that I don't know if they really need to raise children or if they just wanted to get him in line.
But there is one big question that I ask myself since the beginning: Why on earth did these Others not just come out of the bushes to the crash site and say "Dudes, you are on our island and we ain't feeling that so get the hell out of here and we show you how." Instead they start abducting people and cry like babies when these people fight back and score a few frags on the way. This makes all this a little silly, although I love the show.
Old 02-09-2007, 04:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
so the basic premise of this show now is:

they recruit people to the island for scientific research - ranging from actual science to psychology, sociology
this research is cutting edge stuff that is unethical and would not fly in the real world
the stuff they are doing is really controversial and most rational adults would object to it, if not try to stop it altogether
to combat this they need to raise kids in this environment and show the kids from an early age that this is 'the way'

i actually believe what juliette said to jack. i think she wants out and ben promised her that. in fact i bet alot of 'the others' want out, and only ben (or someone else) has the ability to let them go.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is pretty much what I am thinking except that I don't know if they really need to raise children or if they just wanted to get him in line.
But there is one big question that I ask myself since the beginning: Why on earth did these Others not just come out of the bushes to the crash site and say "Dudes, you are on our island and we ain't feeling that so get the hell out of here and we show you how." Instead they start abducting people and cry like babies when these people fight back and score a few frags on the way. This makes all this a little silly, although I love the show.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think there's an additional element of redemption here. Seems like lost souls are drawn to the Island, and the Others take a few potentially redeemable/genetically strong specimens to keep their ranks strong, leaving the rest to redeem themselves or die off.
Old 02-11-2007, 01:14 PM

In case anyone didn't know, there was some backwards speech in the Room 23 scene.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=gwWhM8Xb_oQ

In white (though not really a spoiler):
<font color="white">When played backwards there is a voice that keeps repeating "Only fools are enslaved by time and space" </font>

You can find a comeplete list of the images shown on screen here:

http://www.lostpedia.com/wiki/Room_23

It's interesting that right when they left the pictures started becoming positive as the phrase "ANOTHER WAY" appears and then fireworks, followed by one of the Dharma guys.....guess they should stuck around and seen what was next..
Old 02-11-2007, 01:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In case anyone didn't know, there was some backwards speech in the Room 23 scene.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=gwWhM8Xb_oQ

In white (though not really a spoiler):
<font color="white">When played backwards there is a voice that keeps repeating "Only fools are enslaved by time and space" </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Weird. The voice sounds like Ms. Cleo. As if that scene wasn't weird enough already.
Old 02-11-2007, 10:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
1) it's not really a spoiler
and
2) yes

[/ QUOTE ]

whatever, the OP states it more clearly, since common sense aint so common:

[ QUOTE ]

The Spoiler Rule

Look guys, this shouldn’t be complicated. I have simplified it to one rule.

1.) Any discussion of any confirmed material/storylines that have not yet aired as part of network programming, no matter how trivial, are to be put in white.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]confirmed being the key word. The writers wanted to put something in one show and must have changed their minds and not included it. That does not CONFIRM that they will then put that thing in a later show.
Old 02-12-2007, 12:28 AM

This episode was exactly what I expected.

Add a few more twist, few more revelations, and continue on the story.

With no repeats, I have strong faith in the direction of the series.

Should be interesting what happens to Jack all by himself after saving Ben. Ben is by far the best character to watch. He is so freaking clever you never know when he is lying, being brief not to give a secret away, or is telling the straight truth.

I am eager to see what Locke does. If you watched the clip show before the new episode, they replayed the hatch scene with Ben tied up after he said he didn't hit the button to Locke. He told locke with a straight face that he was coming for him.

For those that hated this week's episode will you not watch next week???? Yep, thought so.
Old 02-12-2007, 12:58 AM

This show is absolutely ridiculous. Could you, as a writer, even remotely think of something this complex and deep?

I sure couldn't
Old 02-12-2007, 07:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Mittelos Bioscience
info@mittelosbioscience.org.
www.mittelosbioscience.org/ - 3k - Cached - Similar pages

Not up yet, but sure to be soon. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Ray

[/ QUOTE ]

This site is up now. Quite a bit of vague info on the company. Including two people we're already familiar with.