Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-02-2005, 05:12 PM

Default Re: **Official microlimit stats thread** stats posts and questions go

too passive

-raise preflop more.
-more aggression on flop and river (thought not as much on river). strange how ur turn AF is 2.47 though. less slow play, more lead bets.
-lower vpip. this is probably why your pf aggression is so low. you're calling with marginal hands that you shouldn't be calling with. either push your edge and position, or fold. limping in is usually not a good idea pf IMO.
Old 12-02-2005, 05:22 PM

Default Re: **Official microlimit stats thread** stats posts and questions go here

i apologize for separate links.. but i couldn't figure out how to snap the whole page... any comments appreciated.
Old 12-02-2005, 05:27 PM

Default Re: **Official microlimit stats thread** stats posts and questions go here

i apologize once again. but these should work.
Old 12-02-2005, 10:22 PM

thanks for the advice wookie. Just curious: should the site I play on have any bearing on my stats? I find myself, because the games are so loose (regularly able to find games with 50% + players to the flop) I'm limping with any lower pocket pair, and even as low as 87s from EP (bad, im sure). You are right, I find myself peeling the flop a lot --- I don't usually raise with just overcards --- maybe I have to be more aggressive with my whiffs and weaker draws? would you suggest tightening up more for these loose games, or keeping my hand selection semi-loose?

Edit: And I realize I've been running well: I keep ~500 BB in my account at all times. Had a 200 BB downswing not too long ago, but generally been only uphill since. I was a winning player at Absolute, which was a rock garden. I was MUCH more TAG there, as raises on any street tended to get respect. Now that I've switched to pokerroom i've changed my game to adapt to the looser style. which might be why my flop aggression is low: with 400 players to the flop its often better to wait for a nice looking turn card to pop your overpair, no? again, thanks for the help. I still have lots to learn
Old 12-02-2005, 10:25 PM

Any PP is usually a solid limp UTG. 87s is a little loose for my taste, but T9s is an easy limp if the table is good. Raising with just overcards is usually a poor plan.
Old 12-02-2005, 10:38 PM

Yes, I realize that, but for example A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] on a 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 10 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] board should be an easy raise in position, but i don't always make it. Stuff I need to work on.

just got pokertracker not too long ago (20,000 hands ago, as it were), in the gametime, it is VPIP/PFraise percentage/AF/hands recorded? if that's correct, why am i seeing ridiculous AF's? as in 30, 40 +? and does the number in parentheses, or a different color mean anything different? forgive my noobish question, I'm only starting to fully utilize PT
Old 12-02-2005, 10:40 PM

hey nooob, use photobucket, it's quick to sign up for and gives you a URL you can just cut and paste. Worked for me

Id comment on your stats but I still am unable to even read my own properly. Cheers
Old 12-03-2005, 03:29 AM

Not necessarily. Why are you raising. Who are you raising? Who bet? Who called? What sorts of players are they? Are you protecting, cleaning, or pumping? Can you even clean up your outs?

The decision to raise AKs on that board is not a no brainer. It depends on the answers to all of those questions. When I was talking about pumping draws, I was talking about things like flush draws and OESD's where you'll be sure you have the best hand, and where you know exactly how many outs you have.

One other place to look critically at your flop aggression is slowplaying. Do you slowplay, like, ever? You should be slowplaying your hands very infrequently, and if you never did, you'd be making a miniscule mistake. Also, how willing are you to 3bet for value with TPGK?

Really, though, it's time to stop looking at stats and start looking at hands. No one can really tell if you're a good poker player by a bunch of numbers. I encourage you to take this challenge. Be sure to respond to hands that question flop play. If there's a spot where you'd call instead of raising or folding, say so in the thread. Don't be afraid to get the answer wrong, but by the same token, don't be afraid to defend your position and teach the forum a thing or two. I can think of a number of threads posted in the last month where one person challenged the majority opinion (in a constructive manner) with some solid math and good reasoning. That person wasn't always right, but, man, those threads are instant classics. Everyone learned a fantastic amount. Think about redirecting your efforts that way, rather than hanging out in this stats thread.
Old 12-03-2005, 04:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Not necessarily. Why are you raising. Who are you raising? Who bet? Who called? What sorts of players are they? Are you protecting, cleaning, or pumping? Can you even clean up your outs?

The decision to raise AKs on that board is not a no brainer. It depends on the answers to all of those questions. When I was talking about pumping draws, I was talking about things like flush draws and OESD's where you'll be sure you have the best hand, and where you know exactly how many outs you have.

One other place to look critically at your flop aggression is slowplaying. Do you slowplay, like, ever? You should be slowplaying your hands very infrequently, and if you never did, you'd be making a miniscule mistake. Also, how willing are you to 3bet for value with TPGK?

Really, though, it's time to stop looking at stats and start looking at hands. No one can really tell if you're a good poker player by a bunch of numbers. I encourage you to take this challenge. Be sure to respond to hands that question flop play. If there's a spot where you'd call instead of raising or folding, say so in the thread. Don't be afraid to get the answer wrong, but by the same token, don't be afraid to defend your position and teach the forum a thing or two. I can think of a number of threads posted in the last month where one person challenged the majority opinion (in a constructive manner) with some solid math and good reasoning. That person wasn't always right, but, man, those threads are instant classics. Everyone learned a fantastic amount. Think about redirecting your efforts that way, rather than hanging out in this stats thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are a god among men. The 2+2 forums are the best thing that ever happened to my poker game by FAR, including SSHE and both volumes of HoH.

Steve
Old 12-04-2005, 05:16 PM

Hey guys, I've got a quick quesiton. When should you start to be concerned your PF Raise % is too low? Specifically, I've got a PF Raise % of 6.67 after 1665 hands. That's really nothing I know, but the number has been between 6.5 and 7 for the entire time I've been tracking at this level...

Should I worry about it yet?