Pacific Poker 47 6.58%
WPX 40 5.60%
William Hill 28 3.92%
True Poker 17 2.38%
I don't play Poker online 0 0%
Voters: 714. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 12-28-2006, 05:30 PM

Default Re: Going All In Before The Flop....

I asked Lloyd to lock the thread. it's either fake or he's been given plenty of advice. if it's not locked it won't die.
Old 12-28-2006, 05:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I asked Lloyd to lock the thread. it's either fake or he's been given plenty of advice. if it's not locked it won't die.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes but what are your thoughts on 80 buyin downswings
Old 12-28-2006, 05:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] threads should be allowed to die of natural causes. if nobody responds, the thread will die. if you don't like it, don't read it.
Old 12-28-2006, 05:58 PM

Read through this whole thing...

LOL at OP

Who cares about your results. We call that being results oriented. Poker is about making decisions, not about the outcomes.

Your situation of first hand on the button 1 guy AI and 2 callers and you fold AA is ridiculous. This situation is exactly flipping a coin w/ 3:1 odds. If you do it for long enough you WILL make $$$ and lots of it.

BTW there are some GEMS in here that made me LOL pretty hard. Nice job guys.
Old 12-28-2006, 07:12 PM

wow this forum sucks these days
Old 12-28-2006, 09:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

AA against lets say KK, 89s, and 10Jo is only going to win about 51% of the time. A coin flip..not worth going all in the first hand of a tournament for.

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, I'm going to flip a coin - heads I win, tails you win. If heads comes up, you pay me $10. If tails comes up, I pay you $40. Would you pass this wager up? No?

That's exactly what you just did by passing up your Aces in the example you gave. You have no clue how to play poker.

[/ QUOTE ] Again in a live game no question I would go all in to win $40 dollars....but in a tournament you do not win real money, they have no value....the chips you would win will not be enough to win you the tournament therefore I feel it would not be worth being knocked out of the tournament for. Please no joke about how you going to win the tournament unless you win chips. The fact is there will be plenty of opportunities for the patient player to get chips. If you were playing in the WSOP championship you could win 40,000 chips on a coin flip. There is close to 120,000,000 chips in play, 40,000 chips will not make a dent. How many 50% flips can you take without getting knocked out? How many...you keep going all in. I leave the 50% and less chances for the short stakes who have no choice but to go all in...I would rather be in control of my destiny and choose when I want to bet and go after chips, with as little risk as possible...notice I didn't say no risk. I watch people like that get knocked out all the time...I almost always make it to the last 10% of players where I take advantage of all the short stacks as my stack continues to grow.
Old 12-28-2006, 09:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Oh, and ment to respond to this since you've stated it many times and it's been ignored:
[ QUOTE ]
why isn’t there a computer program that can play championship poker?

[/ QUOTE ]Because computer programs are terrible at gathering all the information available and then being designed to make correct mathematical decisions. Poker is more than knowing the odds of making a flush with two cards to come. You have to have some idea of the value of that flush in the current hand. And this comes down to making a lot of logical assumptions based on partial information. It is very difficult (though not impossible) to write computer programs to do this. They will play perfect poker with perfect information, but unfortunatly they (nor do we) ever have that.

This, however, does not make poker a "non-math" game. It just illustrates the importance of gathering information and being able to extrapolate conclusions where that information is incomplete. These are things that mathemeticians do all the time (and at which computer programs mostly suck).

[/ QUOTE ] You guys really have a selective memory or read just what you want...I never said math is not important, I am just saying that all you decisions should not be based on math alone..do you think Doyle Brunson who owns 10 WSOP bracelets bases all his decisions on Math alone, the Man who won both his WSOP Championship Tournment with 10 2? It is the new generation of poker players that is stuck on the math thing. In Doyle Brunsons book he talks about playing a beating people with out looking at his cards....Super Systems is perhaps the best book on NL hold'em ever writen. No one has mentioned the psychology of the game on this thread....and that is just as important as the math portion.
Old 12-28-2006, 09:41 PM

So......
In addition, post flop, I should never play for all my chips if........
I have top pair and top kicker because someone may have 2 pair.
"""" if I have 2 pair pair because someone may have a set.
"""" if I have a low or mid set because someone may have a higher set.
"""" if I have top set because someone with a lower set could catch quads.
"""" if I have a str8 or flush because someone with a set could fill up.
"""" if I have a full house because someone may have quads.

So the only 2 poker hands I'm EVER playing for all my chips from now on is Quads (barring any str8 flush possibilities on board) or str8 flushes !!!
Old 12-28-2006, 10:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So......
In addition, post flop, I should never play for all my chips if........
I have top pair and top kicker because someone may have 2 pair.
"""" if I have 2 pair pair because someone may have a set.
"""" if I have a low or mid set because someone may have a higher set.
"""" if I have top set because someone with a lower set could catch quads.
"""" if I have a str8 or flush because someone with a set could fill up.
"""" if I have a full house because someone may have quads.

So the only 2 poker hands I'm EVER playing for all my chips from now on is Quads (barring any str8 flush possibilities on board) or str8 flushes !!!

[/ QUOTE ] This is just an idiotic response...sarcastic and uncalled for....post flop is where real poker players make their money. I have never seen such an immature group of people in my entire life. I have just sent an email to 10 previous WSOP Champions to get their opinion on my view of folding AA against 3 previous all in raises at the beginnning of a WSOP Tournament. I will post the results when they answer. Should be interesting so stay tuned!!!!
Old 12-28-2006, 10:10 PM

Why did you ask a question? Why didn't you just write an article and tell everyone your expert opinion?
Closed Thread