Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Bin
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Do you look at the tp each time you wipe post crap-taking?
Yes-got to get every bit of brown out 154 88.00%
No-i'll find out later if my ass starts itching 21 12.00%
Voters: 175. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 12-16-2006, 09:50 AM

Default Re: Never Trust Anyone

seriously mods...

it's time to ban bluffthis!. he is a disgusting human being and he doesn't belong in this forum. he adds NOTHING of value (no, not strategy wise either, most of his strategy advice is completely worthless too)
Old 12-16-2006, 09:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
heres a quick Tom Franklin bio from pokerpages:

Name: Captain Tom Franklin
Cashes: 79
Total Winnings: $2,261,394
First Place Finishes: 4
WSOP Bracelets: 1
ProRank 1 Position: 78 [ DETAILS ]
ProRank 2 Position: 714
Marital Status: Married
Children: 5
Started Playing Poker: 1970
Favorite Poker Game: No Limit
Ambition: To win 3 majors in one year.
Hobbies: Golf, singing and drumming
Favorite Movie: Walking Tall original
Favorite Music: 50's & 60's
Favorite Place: With my Family anywhere.
Favorite Celebrity: Ben Affleck
Poker Players I Respect Most: Scotty Nugen
If I could change anything in the world: Everyone treat everyone with respect.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL @ him being married with 5 kids. For years I've seen him on the road with barely legal girls. What a sleeze ball.

Brandi, FYI- anytime you meet a old sleezy man, wearing a fanny pack, who wants to be your "mentor", run for the hills.
Old 12-16-2006, 10:00 AM

I bet "BluffThis" is some dirty old man who pays for prostitutes and then verbally berates them when hes done.
Old 12-16-2006, 10:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
seriously mods...

it's time to ban bluffthis!. he is a disgusting human being and he doesn't belong in this forum. he adds NOTHING of value (no, not strategy wise either, most of his strategy advice is completely worthless too)

[/ QUOTE ]
Seconded
Old 12-16-2006, 10:04 AM

This may be the longest BUSTO post ever on 2+2...

Brandi, I hope things work out for you... cheer up, you have your whole life ahead of you...

... and don't pay too much attention to the haters.
Old 12-16-2006, 10:13 AM

hmmmmm Brandi and Dutch interesting couple. Brandi take a break from the tour, surround yourself around some family and real friends.
Old 12-16-2006, 10:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Oh, and there is an unconfirmed rumor that Brandi is now spending a lot of time with Dutch Boyd here in Vegas.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow what a combo that would be. This quote from Jack Nicholson's character in " As Good as It Gets" comes to mind,

" Take your crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up her."
Old 12-16-2006, 10:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
ggb,

There is a difference between someone who previously has shown themselves worthy of credibility coming here with that story, and her doing so, when she hasn't shown herself to be anything other than a self-promoting money-seeking hustler.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hear! Hear! Just as much as people are giving BluffThis, etc. crap for being harsh on Brandi, it is just as out of line to assume that he (an others) are women haters without any more context. Sure, some of the comments in this thread make me wonder, but BluffThis is right in this instance.

He is responding to her own promotion and actions. He happens to have the courage to call this one as he sees it.

Also, Brandi (apparently) is sticking with the story that she was not a stripper. However, her personal blog mentioned that she had a backer "that took her off the pole" or words to that effect. I saw it myself, and I am not sure why Brandi is trying to gloss this over ... doing so makes it more of an issue (if it is at all) than it needs to be.

[/ QUOTE ]

I said in post ~ which was on a forum with my friends and which was clearing not interpreted correctly ~ that he saved me from having to take a job stripping.
Old 12-16-2006, 10:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
seriously mods...

[/ QUOTE ]

Although I think he has made an ass out of himself in this thread regardless if Brandi is lying or telling 100% the truth, I think your assumption that BluffThis provides no redeeming value is incorrect. I suggest you visit the legislation forum, he has been a critical poster in that forum where he is using his logic for the powers of good.

Bluff - your problem is you don't know where to draw the line, suck it up and back down before you are viewed by most of us to be worse than the picture you are trying to create of the OP. Its good advice.

Brandi - I suggest you see a psychologist. Anyone who thinks about suicide in this situation needs help. Turning to this forum with your story was a horrible idea, you just made it 10x worse for yourself. Sane people contact the police or a lawyer when something as traumatic as this happens to see what can be done, but then again sane people trust themselves with their own money - get my drift? Don't get me wrong, I do feel bad for you. But I also think you have self worth issues that allowed you to get yourself in this scenario.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 12-16-2006, 10:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]

1. She is a woman trying to make it in the poker industry.
2. She got a mentor to bankroll her and "take her off the pole." I have interpreted that to mean she was a stripper.
3. She tried to get some job with CardPlayer.
4. After her newfound "celebrity" she has scrambled to get an agent and risque photos to pass around.
5. She comes on these forums and talks about taking baths and making pear jam, etc.
6. After buttering up a lot of guys, she starts asking for money.
7. After making endless comments about how she doesn't care what people say about her and engaging posters in good-natured ribbing (like tasting each other's semen), she starts freaking out after some posters point out that she is not really an accomplished player and that she is only trying to get attention, etc. (and account transfers) from the good people at 2+2.
8. After said freak out, she posts the dramatic story in the O.P. I have no opinion on the events stated, other than that she should not have unveiled such on this forum. She should take this to the police. Some people, and perhaps, rightfully so, have viewed the story cynically and have formed the opinion that it is merely another step towards her overall scheme of getting money out of these forum members.

Therefore, this story does not exist in a vacume, and nobody should be criticised for considering all of the factors present when replying to the O.P. Even further, some of the comments directed at some posters are entirely uncalled for ad hominem attacks.

Let's each other some slack here and take it for what it is. B.S. until further notice.

[/ QUOTE ]

2. I already addressed the misinterpretation of that in another post.
3. I need a job.
4. I have had an agent for the past few years before my "newfound celebrity". I have done two films which have not been released. Both are comedies.
5. I talk about my life. Is that a crime?
6. I got an online account because someone was sending me some money. I did not mean anything serious by my post. My post was honest ~ I would play but I don't have any money. I didn't expect anyone to send me any. That was what the wink was for.
7. After some of these posts, I would not call a lot of the people on 2+2 "good".
8 and beyond. I will be making a statement on that once I finish up reading the thread.
Closed Thread