Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2006, 03:13 PM

Default Re: Help CashmanBrian scammed me

[ QUOTE ]
I got tired of reading this thread on page 15

[/ QUOTE ]

You need to change your settings to 50 posts per page in flat mode. This thread is only 4 pages for me.. you're welcome.
Old 11-29-2006, 03:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You need to change your settings to 50 posts per page in flat mode. This thread is only 4 pages for me.. you're welcome.

[/ QUOTE ]
I view 1000 posts per page and I have a 20 screen setup with them all lined up vertically. So I don't even have to click or scroll.
Old 11-29-2006, 03:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I view 1000 posts per page and I have a 20 screen setup with them all lined up vertically. So I don't even have to click or scroll.

[/ QUOTE ]

1. How high are your ceilings at your place that you can get 20 screens vertically?

2. It would take more than 20 screens to see 1000 posts without having to scroll since I can't fit 50 posts on 1 screen.

3. What computer do you have that can run 20 screens?
Old 11-29-2006, 03:45 PM

He is using font size of 3 or 4!
Old 11-29-2006, 04:14 PM

Old 11-29-2006, 04:19 PM

I still don't understand what OP's incentive was to scam, or what his scam was at all. Very convoluted.
Old 11-29-2006, 04:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't take anything seriously while looking at that cat. I think it was the "I are serious cat" that got me.

Definitly LMAO.
Old 11-29-2006, 04:31 PM

As of now the OP's stars account is closed, therefore something had to be wrong with something on his end.

Here is the conclusion per numerous convo's:

The OP knew that he wasn't going to be able to cash the money out, where he got it from is irrelevant. Since the money is useless to him on Stars he has to find someone to send the money to and then he receives it somewhere else. If he were able to get it to neteller and cash it out to neteller debit card or to his bank account then he is gone with the money. Although PokerStars would not disclose any information as to why the OP's account was no longer in use, I have a feeling that he obtained the money wrongfully and that is why he went about trying to get the money off of stars. Before I sent to him on UB I confirmed with PokerStars that the money I received was not under investigation or anything to cover myself. What I didn't want to have happen was them say the $6k belonged to player X and have it confiscated from my account, that is precisely why he did not get the money immediately after my neteller was reinstated.

Above is just my conclusion based on knowledge shared with me by other players, its a part of the past now though, hopefully he isnt as bad of a person as I am assuming he is.
Old 11-29-2006, 04:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I still don't understand what OP's incentive was to scam, or what his scam was at all. Very convoluted.

[/ QUOTE ]

Apparently, the theory is that it was a money laundering thing. The general consensus in this thread (though, I must point out that they are only accusations and not proof) is that the OP scammed the money from other people and used CMB to launder it by transferring it to him on Stars and CMB would transfer it back to OP on Neteller for a 10% fee.

The posters don't want CMB to send the money back; but, IMO, he is correctly sending it back since he has no proof one way or the other that this person really did scam anyone. I'm not saying the OP is innocent, because the whole deal sounds a bit fishy to me. I am, however, saying that CMB has no right (as he has pointed out himself) to keep the money he agreed to send to OP.

Old 11-29-2006, 05:27 PM

CMB obviously shouldn't have taken the deal in the first place though. This kind of thing is just begging to leave yourself open to being connected to dirty accounts...