Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2006, 07:23 PM

Default Re: \"Official\" Live at the Bike thread (Week of 11/6) (Wed 10-20 NL)

[ QUOTE ]
I don't disagree....But my point is....and the point that Bart & Tuch always talk about is, stay away from marginal hands. Wasn't he out of position to?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't remember off hand... But i believe he was in later postion... I think limping with A-9 Suited with the possiblites of alan paying off large... I mean if sean had overbet the pot its a easy fold as we have seen when sean overbets he has it... The only hand that I would even worry about with MO is 33 but again I think he raises that preflop to limit the field. Again just my views..
Old 11-13-2006, 09:23 PM

I can't view the clip at the moment, so I don't know what actually happened, or what Mo had.

Of all the lessons I've learned from the show - playing A-rag out of position - is a bad move most of the time, especially in a deep game. Pretty much exactly for the situation you found yourself in. Do you really want to piss away thousands going to war with A-rag?

Mo could EASILY have had aces up, 3-3, or a semi-bluff with outs to the nuts. The all-in over bet would have been an OK move for him to make if he had any of those hands. The board was textured in such a way that given his position and the board he knew it'd be an extremely difficult call for you to make assuming he put you on a range of hands like the one you had.

That said - there's a lot to be said for trusting your instincts. If you made a good read, then it's always a good call, even if the numbers tell you differently. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

In Mo's case - that's a VERY questionable all-in raise if he was trying to represent aces up - maybe that's what he was ultimately trying to represent.

- T
Old 11-13-2006, 09:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I can't view the clip at the moment, so I don't know what actually happened.

Of all the lessons I've learned from the show - playing A-rag out of position - is a bad move most of the time, especially in a deep game. Pretty much exactly for the situation you found yourself in. Do you really want to piss away thousands going to war with A-rag?

Mo could EASILY have had aces up, 3-3, or a semi-bluff with outs to the nuts. The all-in over bet would have been an OK move for him to make if he had any of those hands. The board was textured in such a way that given his position and the board he knew it'd be an extremely difficult call for you to make assuming he put you on a range of hands like the one you had.

That said - there's a lot to be said for trusting your instincts. If you made a good read, then it's always a good call, even if the numbers tell you differently. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

In Mo's case - that's a VERY questionable all-in raise if he was trying to represent aces up - maybe that's what he was ultimately trying to represent.

- T

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not sure why people put MO on a-q here... He is not going to limp with that hand... Mo mightve been in the blind not even sure... For sure he raises with AQ out of the blind to limit the field... 99 he raises... qq he raises... q-9 he might limp?? 33, for some reason i see him raising too.
Old 11-13-2006, 09:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I can't view the clip at the moment, so I don't know what actually happened.

- T

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not sure why people put MO on a-q here... He is not going to limp with that hand... Mo mightve been in the blind not even sure... For sure he raises with AQ out of the blind to limit the field... 99 he raises... qq he raises... q-9 he might limp?? 33, for some reason i see him raising too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah... AQ is not a hand that I'd think Mo would have for the reasons you mentioned, and I'm sure Bart went through all of that in his mind as well. I'm assuming since Bart said it was a good call that Mo had either A-3 or the same hand. In Bart's case, he was relying on the experience playing with Mo before. In the case of someone that's never played with Mo - I think that's an easy fold to what is assumedly 33 or (MAYbe) K9 or K3 of spades, AQ or 99 in descending order of likelihood.

- T